Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 183

Author Topic: Frostfell Wastes IC: The Journey Begins  (Read 96525 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Frostfell Wastes IC: The Journey Begins
« Reply #660 on: May 02, 2016, 03:48:15 pm »

"With all the shouting she's been doing, that's not going to add much more.

Not to mention that wolves can be scared of loud noises too.

...Sorry, Lillian."

Well that was odd.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: May 02, 2016, 03:48:45 pm »

"Not worried about me.

About the kids. Half of 'em don't even look like they've seen a proper fight, let alone a real war. She'll break 'em before we even get there."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: May 02, 2016, 03:49:49 pm »

"She speaks true."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: May 02, 2016, 03:50:54 pm »

"Look, the mission... It.... Who here has heard of the Frost Moon?"
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: May 02, 2016, 03:52:58 pm »

"I-It's dangerous to be loud in t-the wild, this place especially, is all..."

Lillian doesn't know and says nothing to the question. Unless it was part of the mission papers or whatever, in which case she would know.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: May 02, 2016, 03:54:44 pm »

"I-It's dangerous to be loud in t-the wild, this place especially, is all..."

Lillian doesn't know and says nothing to the question. Unless it was part of the mission papers or whatever, in which case she would know.

Seeing as the phenomenon known as the frost moon is typicaly unheard of except in the wastes, and that the only thing listed in the mission papers was to "investigate a wolf problem before the next Frost Moon", She might not, indeed, most might not.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: May 02, 2016, 03:55:07 pm »

"The Frost Moon.  Yes.  Some.  There are prophecies.  It brings death in its rise."

"Loud is either a confident apex predator, or wounded prey.  This many humans looks like apex predator.

But yes, we should be quiet, because that other thing is not a beast."
Sigtext

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: May 02, 2016, 03:56:07 pm »

"Any mercenary worth their salt has. It's why nobody likes coming up here. Strange moon comes up, people disappear, monsters try and eat everyone. Least, that's what I know from people who've actually been up here.

Only reason I even took this mission here was because they promised two Cirns when we got to Chilvern. 'Course, that fell through."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 02, 2016, 03:57:28 pm »

"Look, the mission... It.... Who here has heard of the Frost Moon?"
"Of course I heard about it. The Frost Moon was the main reason I was called to join this expedition."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: May 02, 2016, 03:59:36 pm »

"I would need to consult the lore to be sure, but I believe Shina is correct as well."
Sigtext

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: May 02, 2016, 04:06:30 pm »

"But the question is, have you really heard about it. Back in Valkain, we see the moon, It's pristine white, dotted with small shadows." He points up at the frost blue moon, "But here in the wastes, a unusual scene appears. A moon, covered in frost. And at the end of every lunar cycle, an ancient curse takes hold, freezing the moon solid over Frostfell. It's very presence awakens the blood of monsters, causing those that are dormant to stir, and those that are awake to frenzy. Currently, we have two days before the curse takes hold. That's why the moon is only frosted over right now. Two days from now, over 20 years ago I killed my first monster, a Direwolf that had been frenzied by the moon... When we fought it spoke to me, taunted me, drew me into it's frenzy. It was the first time I experienced the hunt. The power that the moon causes." Syrgan shudders, "And I can hear it calling to me again... But, that's beside the point. The Frost moon doesn't just awaken monsters. It awakens the monster blood that resides in the hearts of men. That is why people go missing. They become the monsters. This is why the civilian caravan has the soldiers, and myself. This place is utter danger."

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: May 02, 2016, 04:07:11 pm »

Freyja sneaks up to Syrgan's tent, listening in on the conversation.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: May 02, 2016, 04:08:19 pm »

"So that's great. We're all going to turn into monsters." Shina sounds more exasperated than scared as she takes another drink from her flask. "Those Cirns are sounding less and less appealing by the minute.

So. Any risk of us turning into monsters?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: May 02, 2016, 04:09:15 pm »

Lillian pales, and waits for the response to Shina's question.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: May 02, 2016, 04:10:21 pm »

"Not likely. It's a very rare occurrence for a human or demi-human to turn. You'd have to be a direct descendant to a legendary monster to have it happen. Back when I lived here, only one known case of a human turning into a monster happened."
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 183