Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 183

Author Topic: Frostfell Wastes IC: The Journey Begins  (Read 96602 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: Frostfell Wastes IC: The Journey Begins
« Reply #555 on: May 02, 2016, 01:51:20 pm »

"I thought as much too. But a little birdy is following the main pack." Indeed, Up in the air, a solitary raven is flying off towards the west.

Taros, have you ever fought a monster?"
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 02, 2016, 01:52:44 pm »

"Yes. No monsters the entire way here, and we only know here the wolves that have been tracking us since entering the wastes... this isn't right..." The howls begin to echo further and further away until the howls just end, "There gone now.. " Ajan is still alert, and Syrgan still has his bow at the ready, but he does breath a sigh of relief.
"I am no knowledgeable about the way of the monsters, so I can only trust your experience.
Though given the situation and if our enemy was a human, I would expect a trap soon. But this can't be possible, monsters are mindless beast driven by evil only."

Ishtari glares at him. "Although many monssssstersssss are lessssss technologically advanccccced than humansssss, there are many who are far better ssssstrategisssssstsssss, by nature."
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 02, 2016, 01:53:23 pm »

Walking slowly over to him, Browfen uncorks a bottle of clear liquid, and with a small rag, smears whale oil on the lance

"Create a spark, and the weapon will catch aflame."

((“Burning Clear Oil: Add 1d6 damage to something, either on hit, or when stuck to a target. On weapons this tag lasts for 1 battle"))
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #558 on: May 02, 2016, 01:53:31 pm »

Caderyn puts his sword away, though he pulls the spear off of it's strap and holds it propped up on his shoulder instead. "This isn't natural, either way. I would sleep with one eye open."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 02, 2016, 01:53:47 pm »

"Nonetheless, we should be allowed to tend to her wounds. If she's badly wounded, then we will suffer in the ensuing fight."

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 02, 2016, 01:54:41 pm »

Syrgan merely nods.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 02, 2016, 01:55:01 pm »

"I thought as much too. But a little birdy is following the main pack." Indeed, Up in the air, a solitary raven is flying off towards the west.

"Yes, but only lesser ones I'm afraid, after all I joined the war against monsters only recently."

"It was during campaigns of extermination in the border of my country, during the first outbreaks. Even animals were more intelligent than them, those monsters were only mindless shells."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 02, 2016, 01:55:47 pm »

"I will tend to the injured.  It is my duty, after all.  We will probably need them."

Niamh quickly moves to treat the wounded person, a spare hand always ready to grab her staff planted in the snow and use it to defend herself.
"I said don't touch me!"
"Would you rather be treated, or be messoly devoured by wolves?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 02, 2016, 01:56:07 pm »

Shina assists Beorthric and the others by Freyja, taking his nod as permission. She starts singing a hymn in her native tongue to the goddess Fumikata, attempting to soothe the noble girl's wounds along with the salve.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 02:00:25 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 02, 2016, 01:57:43 pm »

"Stand down. They won't attack for now. Nevertheless, I shall set up a proper alarm. Now watch carefully men, this may one day safe your life and that of many others. You can't always rely on having trained wolves around."

Ludmilla brings one of the horses to a tree a bit outside of the camp, towards the direction the wolves would come from. With a long rope, she ties it to a tree, and with a shorter rope, to a wooden construction that is easily build with just a few hacks of a hatched. It only took a few moments, clearly a step she has practised a lot.

"Tired soldiers tend to miss things in the darkness three times out of four, and their warnings are late and often further delayed by them argueing wether "they heared something or not". This is more reliable. Horses sleep standing, and would be easy targets out in the open. They are too big to hide. But nature is kind to them, and has given them senses far keener than that of any humans, and a sleep much lighter than many a soliders "awake" status. A well trained horse will stand where you tied it, and this construction here is sturdy enough to withstand a bit of pulling. But when a horse senses a wolf nearby - and I mean nearby, no wide in the distance - it will panic and pll itself free. The contraption will come tumbling down, and wake up even the laziest of you motherfuckers. The second, longer rope is the security rope. Horses are valueable, and we do not actually want it to run away now do we? Do you understand? Good. Then Ms.Gelibte here will build a second one, over there, and you will watch her carefully."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 02, 2016, 01:59:17 pm »

"Yes. No monsters the entire way here, and we only know here the wolves that have been tracking us since entering the wastes... this isn't right..." The howls begin to echo further and further away until the howls just end, "There gone now.. " Ajan is still alert, and Syrgan still has his bow at the ready, but he does breath a sigh of relief.
"I am no knowledgeable about the way of the monsters, so I can only trust your experience.
Though given the situation and if our enemy was a human, I would expect a trap soon. But this can't be possible, monsters are mindless beast driven by evil only."

Brother Robert, already hard to understand, is now nigh incomprehensible. "'ll 'en ya d'n't no sh't 'b't m'n'st'rs. 're s'r't 'n sh't!"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 02, 2016, 02:00:22 pm »

Elidyr calmly pushes ups.
Black lives matter.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 02, 2016, 02:01:46 pm »

Elidyr calmly pushes ups.

((funny when people are so bend on ignoring Ludmillas orders that even the orders to free Elidyr from his punishment are ignored))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 02, 2016, 02:02:04 pm »

"Yes, but only lesser ones I'm afraid, after all I joined the war against monsters only recently."

"It was during campaigns of extermination in the border of my country, during the first outbreaks. Even animals were more intelligent than them, those monsters were only mindless shells."

"What you saw were just feral monsters. Not real monsters, that plan and choose their targets. A real monster will goad you into going for the kill..." Syrgan reflexively places a hand on his chest, "... only to use your ego against you." he then pinches the bridge of his nose again at the lecture Ludmilla gave.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 02, 2016, 02:02:40 pm »

"An ingenious device!  We have those at home, too."

Niamh is less impressed than one would expect.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 183