Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 183

Author Topic: Frostfell Wastes IC: The Journey Begins  (Read 96531 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Frostfell Wastes IC: The Journey Begins
« Reply #465 on: May 02, 2016, 12:10:57 pm »

"Fine, I won't accept the contracts of your soldiers. I don't see any honour in sabotaging your leadership and I have no intention to challenge the laws of this land any further.

However, as this gentleman here is NOT under your leadership, you do not hold any authority here whatsoever. Furthermore, you have no right to tell me that I cannot take a lawfully offered contract; as part of the laws of this land you seem to be invoking upon me right now. Executing me on the spot would make yourself a criminal and thus subject to prosecution for unlawful murder.

So, good sir."

She produces a quill and a sheet of paper. One slot already has Shina's name on it. The other is waiting for a signature.
"Sign here, and I am yours to command, including cooking, horse-caring, errand-doing and bodyguarding, and I shall report to you and you alone and come when called, until such period as your payment is fully rendered or, failing that, you fail to keep to your side of the contract and thus with either result, ending our contract. I also charge extra for bringing my horse, so you will need to pay for extra lodgings.

Your signing of this contract will signify that you understand the terms, and if you claim otherwise, I may take that as failing to uphold the contract and thus ending it. Now, will you sign here, please?"
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 12:14:23 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 02, 2016, 12:14:29 pm »

Syrgan does sign the contract and hands Shina a Cirn, then stands up, "Shina, your first order will be to take notes for me." He hands her the journal he was writing in, "Keep to the subject contained within." he then looks to Ludmilla and walks over, "What is it, Retainer?"
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 02, 2016, 12:15:22 pm »

Shina obediently takes the journal and the Cirn and starts taking notes on said subject.
"Yes, sir."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 02, 2016, 12:22:20 pm »

"I do not care wether you are above the law or judging me on anything, but I have been placed in charge of a dozen undisciplined, uncoordinated and for the most part untrained future dead-men, who are unwilling to learn because they know it all, and unwilling to obey because they are heroes going on a fun adventure. Considering that I do not even have time to properly prepare them, as results are expected within a forthnight, I am doing the best thing I can to hammer into them every bit of discipline and organisation I can, and for that I need obedience. When I look at them I see at least 10 dead bodies, and I swear to god I will turn that number down to at least 6, but for that I NEED them to stop fingering their asses about how noble or how strong they think they are and function properly I don't need 12 teams of single monster-hunters, I need 12 monster-hunters. If you are who you claim you are, you will understand what I mean when I say that you can no longer undermine my authority."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 02, 2016, 12:23:40 pm »

Would anyone care to (or find the time to, considering the circumstances) look, Elidyr is found in the center of the campsite, indeed doing push-ups. His undershirt has been taken off partially and tied around his waist.
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #470 on: May 02, 2016, 12:24:30 pm »

((Derp))
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 12:30:28 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 02, 2016, 12:24:58 pm »

"Oh, I understand the necessity of teamwork here as well as any. What I don't appreciate is some puffed-up soldier insulting the honor of everyone she sees in an effort to beat in blind obedience. "

((the above happened out of ear-shot from your character))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 02, 2016, 12:29:26 pm »

Geliebte goes on to do what has Been asked and goes and sets up a tent for herself.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 12:33:06 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 02, 2016, 12:31:20 pm »

Beorhtric looks disappointed but goes to set up his tent and fire.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 02, 2016, 12:32:26 pm »

Ludmilla turns to Elidyr

"SOLDIER IF I WANTED YOUR OPINION ON HOW I STAFF MY HUNT, I WOULD HAVE ASKED FOR IT, NOW SHUT YOUR USELESS MOUTH, STOP FINGERING PRINCESS-WHORE OVER THERE AND BUILD ME A TENT AND i SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU DON'T HURRY THE FUCK UP YOU WILL WALK THE ENTIRE WAY TOMORROW! AND YOU SOLDIER WILL NOT DARE HIRE THE FUCK-UP I JUST FIRED, OR YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF ON THE WAY HOME ALONGSIDE HER. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO HIRE ANY MERCENARIES INTO MY SERVICE, THOUGH SEEING HOW WORTHLESS YOU ARE I UNDERSTAND YOU NEED THREE OF HER KIND TO BE AS USEFUL AS ONE ACTUAL SOLDIER. YOU JUST EARNED YOURSELF LATRINE DUTY, NOW GO TAKE A SHOVEL AND DIG A DITCH DEEP ENOUGH TO BURY YOURSELF IN, IT WILL FEEL RIGHT LIKE HOME YOU PIECE OF SHIT!"
"OKAY! ALRIGHT! THAT'S THE L-LAST OF MY PATIENCE! I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL ON MY HONOR! NO STEEDS, NO BEARS! JUST THE TWO OF US. I AM T-THROUGH WITH YOU!"
Freyja's face is beet red, as seen when she throws off her winter cloak, afterwards drawing her sword.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 02, 2016, 12:33:16 pm »

"I do not care wether you are above the law or judging me on anything, but I have been placed in charge of a dozen undisciplined, uncoordinated and for the most part untrained future dead-men, who are unwilling to learn because they know it all, and unwilling to obey because they are heroes going on a fun adventure. Considering that I do not even have time to properly prepare them, as results are expected within a forthnight, I am doing the best thing I can to hammer into them every bit of discipline and organisation I can, and for that I need obedience. When I look at them I see at least 10 dead bodies, and I swear to god I will turn that number down to at least 6, but for that I NEED them to stop fingering their asses about how noble or how strong they think they are and function properly I don't need 12 teams of single monster-hunters, I need 12 monster-hunters. If you are who you claim you are, you will understand what I mean when I say that you can no longer undermine my authority."
He just looks at Freyja, then back to Ludmilla.

"Yes. Judging you is what I'm doing. If all it takes to undermine your authority is a bunch of rowdy soldiers, I may start thinking you aren't cut out to be a leader. Get them in line, ask them for cooperation, and for the love of our king, Stop yelling less you attract wild beasts. However, I will for the time being, defer to your judgement and your commands, if only to further test your abilities. So, Commander, What will have of me?" Syrgan's resolve is clear, and it seems he's once more testing Ludmilla's reactions.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 12:36:08 pm by Sanure »
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 02, 2016, 12:36:37 pm »

"DO YOU HAVE A FUCKING DEATHWISH?! Sygern, hold her down. Don't worry, she will life."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 02, 2016, 12:37:33 pm »

"Permission to intervene, sir?"

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 02, 2016, 12:38:29 pm »

"As you command." He, having got off his horse much earlier, walks over to Freyja, intending to grab her. Then Shina, "Permission denied. Just keep taking notes."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 02, 2016, 12:38:52 pm »

Shina nods and continues taking notes.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 183