Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 183

Author Topic: Frostfell Wastes IC: The Journey Begins  (Read 96547 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Frostfell Wastes IC: The Journey Begins
« Reply #600 on: May 02, 2016, 02:29:23 pm »

Niamh just looks at Ludmilla.  Again, the expression on her face is inscrutable.

"Hm."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #601 on: May 02, 2016, 02:32:26 pm »

"Hmph. I'm not claiming that I won't cooperate to the best of my abilities, but until she proves to have the strength of character required of a leader, I will do things my way."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 02, 2016, 02:34:41 pm »

"Stand down. They won't attack for now. Nevertheless, I shall set up a proper alarm. Now watch carefully men, this may one day safe your life and that of many others. You can't always rely on having trained wolves around."

Ludmilla brings one of the horses to a tree a bit outside of the camp, towards the direction the wolves would come from. With a long rope, she ties it to a tree, and with a shorter rope, to a wooden construction that is easily build with just a few hacks of a hatched. It only took a few moments, clearly a step she has practised a lot.

"Tired soldiers tend to miss things in the darkness three times out of four, and their warnings are late and often further delayed by them argueing wether "they heared something or not". This is more reliable. Horses sleep standing, and would be easy targets out in the open. They are too big to hide. But nature is kind to them, and has given them senses far keener than that of any humans, and a sleep much lighter than many a soliders "awake" status. A well trained horse will stand where you tied it, and this construction here is sturdy enough to withstand a bit of pulling. But when a horse senses a wolf nearby - and I mean nearby, no wide in the distance - it will panic and pll itself free. The contraption will come tumbling down, and wake up even the laziest of you motherfuckers. The second, longer rope is the security rope. Horses are valueable, and we do not actually want it to run away now do we? Do you understand? Good. Then Ms.Gelibte here will build a second one, over there, and you will watch her carefully."
Geliebte nods taking out her utility knife
build a second one of those contraptions like she asked.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 02, 2016, 02:35:17 pm »

((wait, where is caderyn in relation to the wagon, anyway))
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 02, 2016, 02:37:51 pm »

"I tell you, you will receive no fame, nor glory, nor treasures. This rattle of people here, you included is indisciplined, uncoordinated and too inexperienced. I have been in the military since I was 15 ((reasonable age for this sort of game)), and I know how to turn a bunch like this into a well-oiled killing machine. You don't get to ride on the kings crowning jewel if you have not earned it. And I am telling you, you don't get to be treated like you are worth more than spit unless you have earned it. Go and swing your dick elsewhere, where people care for solemn idiots boasting strength, but no amount of strength will safe you from a monster. They are stronger than you, period. Nothing will ever change that. The only way for men to take down beasts is through perfect synchronisation, well practised motion and a single will, turning a dozen mediocre men into a single, formidable creature. The likes of you is unfit for this line of work. So is Ms.Noble. The first thing you need to learn is the easiest for some, but the hardest for you - obey eventhough you disagree. Any hesitation, confusion or at worst, disobedience on the battlefield renders victory a gamble, and turns who dies and who lives into a dice game. And this is why tomorrow, I either expect you to walk besides the caravan while everyone else rides as punishment for your transgression - or walk away from the caravan, to seek your solemn glory elsewhere. Do you understand?"
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 02, 2016, 02:39:24 pm »

"Hmp."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 02, 2016, 02:39:46 pm »

All the while, Brother Robert has been swaying around the camp, waving his fists at the darkness, tossing out mumbled insults and taunts.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 02, 2016, 02:40:06 pm »

"I tell you, you will receive no fame, nor glory, nor treasures. This rattle of people here, you included is indisciplined, uncoordinated and too inexperienced. I have been in the military since I was 15 ((reasonable age for this sort of game)), and I know how to turn a bunch like this into a well-oiled killing machine. You don't get to ride on the kings crowning jewel if you have not earned it. And I am telling you, you don't get to be treated like you are worth more than spit unless you have earned it. Go and swing your dick elsewhere, where people care for solemn idiots boasting strength, but no amount of strength will safe you from a monster. They are stronger than you, period. Nothing will ever change that. The only way for men to take down beasts is through perfect synchronisation, well practised motion and a single will, turning a dozen mediocre men into a single, formidable creature. The likes of you is unfit for this line of work. So is Ms.Noble. The first thing you need to learn is the easiest for some, but the hardest for you - obey eventhough you disagree. Any hesitation, confusion or at worst, disobedience on the battlefield renders victory a gamble, and turns who dies and who lives into a dice game. And this is why tomorrow, I either expect you to walk besides the caravan while everyone else rides as punishment for your transgression - or walk away from the caravan, to seek your solemn glory elsewhere. Do you understand?"
Ishtari is sick of this. "But what of monsssssterssss, to kill men? What would that take, with their ssssssurperior ssssstrength?" Ishtari is now towering once more, and has drawn his blade. He looks hesitant to fight, however.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 02, 2016, 02:42:26 pm »

Niamh whirls around and in a near seamless motion has gotten between Ishtari and Ludmilla.

"That is not the way."
Sigtext

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 02, 2016, 02:43:03 pm »

((Has Ishtari been ignoring Taros or did he just not hear his answer ? ;_;))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 02, 2016, 02:43:46 pm »

"You are so ugly I am sure the best part of you ran down your mothers thigh and ended up as a stain on the matress. Pack yourself on the eastern watchpost, you are standing the first guard shift."

Ludmilla had enough of all of those ball-driven fools trying to taunt her from all directions, like walking through a hailstorm of flying dicks, swinging at you from every angle. These fools would get their punishments tomorrow.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 02, 2016, 02:46:13 pm »

Ishtari looks at him, and points at his own face.
Taros laughs :
"As strange as it may seem to you, Naga, I don't consider you a monster. My personal definition of a "monster" is a mindless beast bent on killing. But considering what I am hearing, this definition will change soon."

He pauses a moment and adds with a friendly smile :
"And you still wouldn't be included in it."
((Sorry!)) Ishtari looks confused by this. "I am a monsssster, so your definition would be untrue."

"You are so ugly I am sure the best part of you ran down your mothers thigh and ended up as a stain on the matress. Pack yourself on the eastern watchpost, you are standing the first guard shift."

Ludmilla had enough of all of those ball-driven fools trying to taunt her from all directions, like walking through a hailstorm of flying dicks, swinging at you from every angle. These fools would get their punishments tomorrow.
Ishtari a c tually wanted first guard shift. Nagas are nocturnal by nature, and he has trained to need only a few hours sleep. "Bah. Insssssult my appearanccccce all you will, general, but we ssssshall ssssse how we fare in combat tomorrow." Ishtari goes back to setting up tents.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 02, 2016, 02:48:25 pm »

"Since when was she a general...?"
Sigtext

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 02, 2016, 02:48:58 pm »

"I am, though not in the way you might be thinking. There is more to smithing than swinging a hammer.
I could temper your weapon if you would like, but again there is little more possible without a proper flame and water source."
Ishtari offers a hand up. "Ssssstill, you can't do much usssssseful lying on the ground."
Elidyr accepts it.
"You are right, and thank you.
I am sincere in my offer, so you know."

Whenever the conversation with Ishtari ends, he would look for Lillian.
Black lives matter.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 02, 2016, 02:49:35 pm »

"I am, though not in the way you might be thinking. There is more to smithing than swinging a hammer.
I could temper your weapon if you would like, but again there is little more possible without a proper flame and water source."
Ishtari offers a hand up. "Ssssstill, you can't do much usssssseful lying on the ground."
Elidyr accepts it.
"You are right, and thank you.
I am sincere in my offer, so you know."

Whenever the conversation with Ishtari ends, he would look for Lillian.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 183