Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 183

Author Topic: Frostfell Wastes IC: The Journey Begins  (Read 96263 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Frostfell Wastes IC: The Journey Begins
« Reply #2490 on: June 13, 2016, 10:20:29 pm »

"Honestly?  Haven't the foggiest, that's why I'm looking.

But the latter question, that's tougher than most...

Honestly?  I'm not sure how to answer.  Monstrous isn't really a shape, though...More, a state of being where one kills and kills and revels in it and simply doesn't care about the lives one's extinguishing, or, worse, takes joy in the killcount.  Where one kills simply for the sake of killing, seeing lives spilled, not because of need.  That's what a monster is.  Not all beasts are monsters, nor are all humans categorically not...And this moon?  It makes monsters of beasts and men."
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 10:22:19 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: June 13, 2016, 10:44:18 pm »

"So you are the kind of person who would blame somethings actions on something abstract. Something like instinct, or desire, or a lunar event." The room begins to get colder, "My belief is that monsters are born of fear. Fear of something smarter, or stronger, or bigger, or deadlier. Fear of growing old or being forgotten. The fear of something ending your life. Those are the true monsters. Those that are consumed by fear that will do anything to feel safer, better, or superior." The two priests freeze solid, a look of terror on their faces, "..." If Niamh wanted to draw the curtain open, now was her chance.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: June 13, 2016, 10:55:54 pm »

"It's not the fear that makes the monster, though, is it really?  It's what they do about it.  See...Fear, it breeds terror...Or courage."

She carefully pulls back the curtain with her staff.

"And while others have given in to their fear, I choose to have courage."

Niamh's other hand is shivering, and not from the cold, but her movements are deliberate and sure.

"What, then, do you choose, I wonder?"
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 10:57:37 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: June 14, 2016, 07:10:28 am »

Niamh is greeted by the same sight as Geliebte, just without the large icy arm, "I seek safety from humans that would kill the last of my kind. You say fear can bring courage? Was it courage that saw my race wiped out?! Humans are monsters. My kind were peaceful and caring! We never attacked anyone out of instinct or desire! We were hunted because we were dragons. We were slaughtered because we were dragons. Our only crime was we were dragons. Why then, is it courage for killing us? Why wasn't it terror. You are just like those humans, labeling a massacre as Courage! Be gone from this room. Return and I will protect my safety." A large gust of freezing cold wind hits Niamh, pushing her far away from the curtain and towards the door. Sol takes a deep breath, and sprays a chilling wind in front of her, creating a large ice wall where the curtain once was.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 07:13:22 am by Sanure »
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: June 14, 2016, 09:53:11 am »

Elidyr remains, simply wondering where Niamh had gone.
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: June 14, 2016, 10:42:36 am »

Niamh produces paper and a pen from somewhere, writing a note.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

She looks...Saddened.

"All I wanted to do was to help...

Give this to her.  I presume someone will be able to find me should she wish to respond."

Niamh passes them the letter, folded neatly.
Sigtext

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: June 14, 2016, 03:17:22 pm »

Taros stands up after having drunk a mug of ale. He sighs at the apparent stagnant state of the matter.
"Tch. I can't stay here doing nothing. I'm heading for the Church for answers, if anyone wants to come, this is now."

He then left the tavern, heading for the Chuch, with whoever followed him.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: June 14, 2016, 03:18:49 pm »

Lillian had managed to sort of disappear at some point. Taros might find her outside the church.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: June 14, 2016, 03:20:19 pm »

Niamh walks out of the church, looking kind of dejected.
Sigtext

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: June 14, 2016, 03:20:29 pm »

Taros noticed Lillian, realizing at the same time that he hadn't heard of her since a moment. He hailed her :
"Hi Lillian, do you have a matter with the Church ?"

(edit:)

Then he noticed Niamh. He frowned.
"Oh. So that is where you went."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: June 14, 2016, 03:21:48 pm »

"It was just that N-Niamh stormed off and went here. I was waiting for her.

O-Oh, Niamh. Are you alright?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: June 14, 2016, 03:22:20 pm »

"Not really.  Sort of.  But not really, no.  I'm not injured or anything, just kind of feeling negatively."
Sigtext

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: June 14, 2016, 03:24:11 pm »

To Lillian:
"Ah I see, how perceptive of you."

Turning toward Niamh:
"I will be entering the Church, anything to say before I do so ?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: June 14, 2016, 03:27:14 pm »

"Don't."

Niamh moves between Taros and the doorway.
Sigtext

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: June 14, 2016, 03:29:32 pm »

"I hope you don't think a single word will stop me from entering this Church. What are you hiding from us Niamh ?"
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 183