Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: The Grand Council of Virginia, OOC (7/8 Roles Filled)  (Read 7238 times)

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Grand Council of Virginia, OOC (4/8 Roles Filled)
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2016, 05:30:09 pm »

I'm waiting to see how this will play out.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2016, 05:33:26 pm »

Sign me us as Secretary of Technology and Research.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2016, 05:34:10 pm »

So this is just after the war, and some level of semi=apocalyptic backstory in the immediate past would be acceptable between the end of the USA and formation of the Commonwealth of Virginia, right?

Jayjake9

• Bay Watcher
  • Deus Volt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2016, 05:44:23 pm »

So this is just after the war, and some level of semi=apocalyptic backstory in the immediate past would be acceptable between the end of the USA and formation of the Commonwealth of Virginia, right?
Yes, as this is about 10 months after the war.
Ever heard of the phrase "Don't drop the soap? Completely disregard it in prison! It will help you climb the prison social hierarchy

Jayjake9

• Bay Watcher
  • Deus Volt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2016, 05:46:51 pm »

Sign me us as Secretary of Technology and Research.

Great! I will send you a profile of backstory and what you can do. You can always change the backstory and name, if you want.
Ever heard of the phrase "Don't drop the soap? Completely disregard it in prison! It will help you climb the prison social hierarchy

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2016, 06:12:20 pm »

"I recommend that we determine our foreign policy quickly; it will help me determine what industries to support. I suggest that we seize a few strategic mines and stretches of farmland quickly, and establish ourselves as the region's dominant suppliers of food and refined metals. An economic power is just as strong as a military one."

Jayjake9

• Bay Watcher
  • Deus Volt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2016, 06:16:38 pm »

"I recommend that we determine our foreign policy quickly; it will help me determine what industries to support. I suggest that we seize a few strategic mines and stretches of farmland quickly, and establish ourselves as the region's dominant suppliers of food and refined metals. An economic power is just as strong as a military one."

Good thing about Virginia is it has plenty of farmland, and West Virginia has plenty of coal. Refined metals will be a problem though.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Grand Council of Virginia, OOC (5/8 Roles Filled)
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2016, 06:43:26 pm »

More coal means more electricity, which is a huge advantage in a postapocalyptic landscape, but we really need metal. Metal equals guns, and guns equals land.
Can we get a list of cities that were hit in nuclear strikes? It will help plan where we can expect threats to come from.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2016, 06:59:29 pm »

((I suppose I'll take the Lt. Gov, if everyone's cool with that?))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Jayjake9

• Bay Watcher
  • Deus Volt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2016, 07:11:17 pm »

More coal means more electricity, which is a huge advantage in a postapocalyptic landscape, but we really need metal. Metal equals guns, and guns equals land.
Can we get a list of cities that were hit in nuclear strikes? It will help plan where we can expect threats to come from.

One city in Virginia, Norfolk. But several cities are in that area, the Hampton Roads Metropolitan area, so cities like Hampton, Chesapeake and Virginia Beach got minor damage from the blast. Same with Newport News. All of those cities are major naval cities, especially Newport news and Norfolk. Here is a list of cities that got hit that are not in Virginia

Washington DC, Baltimore, Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Charleston, Charlotte, Trenton, Newark, Atlanta, Miami, Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville, Savannah and Albany are cities on the east coast that got hit. Of course, that means threats from places like Salisbury, Maryland, Wilmington Delaware and Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, just to name a few.   

Jayjake9

• Bay Watcher
  • Deus Volt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2016, 07:14:28 pm »

Great! I will send you a backstory and what you can do.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2016, 07:16:54 pm »

I don't mind, but fair warning, I'm going to be breathing down your neck about a specific policy of regional economic strength.
One city in Virginia, Norfolk. But several cities are in that area, the Hampton Roads Metropolitan area, so cities like Hampton, Chesapeake and Virginia Beach got minor damage from the blast. Same with Newport News. All of those cities are major naval cities, especially Newport news and Norfolk. Here is a list of cities that got hit that are not in Virginia

Washington DC, Baltimore, Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Charleston, Charlotte, Trenton, Newark, Atlanta, Miami, Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville, Savannah and Albany are cities on the east coast that got hit. Of course, that means threats from places like Salisbury, Maryland, Wilmington Delaware and Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, just to name a few.   
Okay, good to know. Are most of the East Coast naval centers wiped out, then? Do we have to worry about our naval presence, or lack thereof, to start with?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: The Grand Council of Virginia, OOC (6/8 Roles Filled)
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2016, 07:31:50 pm »

Okay backstory for Elenore.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2016, 07:34:14 pm »

Why is she the Intelligence Director? Was she the CEO of a datamining company? What experience does she have that allows her to conduct espionage operations?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2016, 07:36:45 pm »

She was the Secretary of a data mining company.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5