Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 135

Author Topic: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 18.5: Bounces  (Read 183869 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 3.5: Rise of the Secondborn [20/30]
« Reply #945 on: May 03, 2016, 10:14:14 pm »

"Fantastic!"

"Create three ancient turtles in the pool of discipline known as Arkoun. These three turtles named Rimrack, Snattukh and Rittlesnip have the traits Immortality, Amphibious, Magic-Ability 3 Martial Arts 3 0.004*3*3*1.7*6*6= 2,2032 Essence.

Rimrack looks like an ancient Turtleonian and has a harsh and strict being. His interest lay in meditation strengthening of the body and focusing thought. Snatthuk looks like a monstrous twisted form of a huge female turtleonian, as she has eight more legs, and four more arms. She has a mysterious enigmatic personality and is very introverted. She loves to dwell in meditation, Discipline of Ley, and reading. Rittlesnip looks like a turtle with a castle on his back. He has a charismatic outgoing personality and loves to use rhetorics. He loves wrestling, strategy games, debates. He does not like to be defeated, though he honours a honourable duellant.

Spoiler: Fantastic Personas (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 10:22:00 pm by Detoxicated »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: May 03, 2016, 10:15:29 pm »

MIND ME NOT AS I REALIZE MY SPHERE.

Create Higante, a towering gorilla-armadillo-like creature and plop it outside Ur. Assign him to aid the city in its defence and manufacturing projects. Has the following traits: Immortal, Strength +4, Endurance +3, Craftsmanship, Martial Arts +3, Nonmagical.
0.004*7.5*4.5*1.5*6*0.75=0.91125E

Create Ifrit, a beautiful but immensely long butterfly-centipede inhabiting the land near Elea. Assign her the task of guiding the city's inhabitants as well as helping them in exploiting local resources. Has the following Traits: Immortal, Subterranean, Specific Endurance [Subterranean] +2, Wisdom +1, Intelligence +1, Rune Magic.
0.004*1.3*2.6*1.5*1.5*1.2=0.036504E.

Create Voldrom, a serene hairless lion-bear assigned the task of teaching the mortals wisdom, meditation and peace.Has the following Traits: Immortal Wisdom +3, Intelligence +3.
0.004*3*4.5*4.5=0.243E
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 10:45:36 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: May 03, 2016, 10:16:33 pm »

"That was actually my original idea, but I assumed a general plan for them would be best. Giving them unique traits seems like it would invite endless debate over whether it was "fair," and indeed I am concerned about, say, a mortal given the unique trait of 'can arbitrarily destroy any object that it can see or otherwise perceive.'

A system like this will be difficult to balance, for sure, unless we want to spend time debating each and every agent that a god creates."

"Murn03...had...meant...as...a....cl4ss....rath3r...than...individuals....
th4t...is...t0...say....all...ag3nts...would...hav3...abilities......
...reg3n3rativ3...imm0rtality...is...common...among...that...kind...
n0t...inventing...n3w...traits...for...3ach...individual..."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #948 on: May 03, 2016, 10:18:53 pm »

Propose: No more individual creatures may be made until a robust and fair system for handling their creation is established.

"Honestly, you gods are acting like children right now. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: May 03, 2016, 10:22:19 pm »

Propose: No more individual creatures may be made until a robust and fair system for handling their creation is established.

Oppose

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #950 on: May 03, 2016, 10:22:53 pm »

Oppose
"ARE YOU BLOODY SERIOUS"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: May 03, 2016, 10:23:18 pm »

Support
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: May 03, 2016, 10:24:36 pm »

"I find this process of changing the rules over and over and going as we create pretty interesting and divine. Let us see what else they bring forth"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: May 03, 2016, 10:27:21 pm »

"Whil3...we...are...discussing...Munr03....t0tally...mad3...a...sup3r...p0w3rfu...m0rtal...bef0r3...th3...half....tick..."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: May 03, 2016, 10:30:50 pm »

Xenia shakes her head sadly.

"Why must beings of Creation, free beings of essence, try to be so rigid and orderly? It confuses me."

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: May 03, 2016, 10:32:09 pm »

"Whil3...we...are...discussing...Munr03....t0tally...mad3...a...sup3r...p0w3rfu...m0rtal...bef0r3...th3...half....tick..."
"Choose wisely, the more intriguing your creation is, the more inclined I am to listen to you."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #956 on: May 03, 2016, 10:32:21 pm »

"'The world was immediately filled with terrifyingly powerful divine creations that went to war and annihilated one another, forcing the gods to start from scratch with less essence' does not make for a terribly good story."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: May 03, 2016, 10:36:06 pm »

"Choose wisely, the more intriguing your creation is, the more inclined I am to listen to you."

"Munr03....transform3d....th3...3xploding....kitten....int0...an...3pic....l3v3l....m4g3....
th4t...is...wh4t....th3...magical...ability...tr4it...w4s...f0r....
...Y0u...can...m33t....h3r....l4t3r...."

"'The world was immediately filled with terrifyingly powerful divine creations that went to war and annihilated one another, forcing the gods to start from scratch with less essence' does not make for a terribly good story."

"Murn03...lik3d...it..."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: May 04, 2016, 12:01:36 am »

[Sollia, the Sundancer | Goddess of Fire and Passion]

"Abuse? I don't really see how it's abuse. Although apparently the Specific Trait needs reworking, as those atmosphere forms prove. Speaking of which..."

Trait Proposals:
Short-Lived[x1.3]: Reach maturity more quickly and age faster. Population growth rate increases somewhat, capability for technical skills and scholarly endeavors decreases slightly. Incompatible with Long-Lived.
Long-Lived[x1.2]: Age more slowly and reach maturity later. Capability for technical skills and scholarly endeavors increases somewhat, population growth rate decreases slightly. Incompatibvle with Short-Lived
Burrower[x1.7]: Able to tunnel through rock, earth, and dirt on their own, potentially even magma if they can survive, and not suffocate to death. Only functional for creature itself; does not create tunnels.
Charisma[x1.5]: Is likable; Basic Trait
Size[x1.5]: Is big; Basic Trait. Cannot have Specific applied to it.
Basic Trait Changer: [Trait]-1: Is poorer with the specific attribute. Reduces particular trait cost by x2, for total of x0.75. Incompatible with normal version of trait.
Affinity [Magic Type/School][x1.3]: The ability of a creature or race to harness one particular school or type of magic. Scales 2* per rank.
Innate Magic[x1.7]: The creature or race is naturally magical, and may use certain abilities instinctively. Scales 2* per rank for more powerful abilities.
((If someone challenges whether something falls under a given rank(for example, the phoenix ability to be literally on fire or made of fire all of the time would be Innate Magic+2, I think, and fire breath would be Innate Magic+1), it goes to a simple vote like anything else; I plead you, do not challenge unless you really think it's necessary. Like, don't do it just to get a game advantage or try and keep someone weak as it just makes more work for KJP, while this trait otherwise makes far less for him while allowing a multitude of creations))

"Now I have to look at all the current things...being a good deific citizen is a lot of work, isn't it?"

Counterproposal to Banlist: Require certain combinations of traits to have other traits added in, such as Sterile for the previously given example.
Revised Proposal 1.5: Gods are always listening to prayers, but this is handled by their divine subconscious and answered when appropriate by such as well. Only particularly significant prayers reach the conscious minds of Gods.
Propose Hybrid Sphere Discounts: Gods get a 10% discount on actions related to one of their spheres, unless the action is related to all of their spheres, in which case it is instead a 25% discount.

"My, that was tiring...I suppose I'll have to see whether my traits pass muster to create those I desire, as well...speaking of which, would anyone mind terribly much if I were to recruit from among their dead for something? Nothing that would be terrible, mind. At least in my opinion."
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 12:04:22 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #959 on: May 04, 2016, 12:04:15 am »

"Filling the world with hyper-powerful minions at basically no cost isn't abuse?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 135