Poll

Detoxicated's Games of Divinity

Yay
- 6 (46.2%)
Nay
- 7 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 72

Author Topic: Ye Gods 3: Actual Lite OOC [21/30]  (Read 68901 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3: Actual Lite OOC [21/30]
« Reply #975 on: May 30, 2016, 07:16:39 pm »

I feel that we must change the way we play in a few rounds, lest it becomes inpossible for this game to run smoothly. Maybe establish a certain level of technology all over the world the next three rounds so we can say every civ is about bronze age technology. From then on each tick should only involve few years at most, and a series of ticks of maybe 7 ticks represent one era. Tick 8 could be a few hundred years later from there. That way we have steady but medium paced advancement in the civilizations, we can actually play with characters that aren't immortal and take a less distant aproach at the world. I am not sure how to explain my entire idea, but it seems to me that we have reached a mature point in this bubble where it becomes repetitive to create races just to pump up essence gain.

I see doing small time missions like some did might actually make this rather distant universe more personal. You could use a random name generator for characters that the gods interact with. Seeing that many gods have created guardians and monsters wouldn't it be interesting to see if we could raise heros who could slay said beast without giving them instant abilities and such.

I feel this world has so much potential, but it also feels like it could need a change of aproach. What are your thoughts on it?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: May 30, 2016, 07:52:56 pm »

As you say, most folk are quite established so far, and KJP seems to have started the seed of something interesting happening with that foreign energy thing. Maybe a few more interesting things regarding the races could be thought up (either by KJP or individual/groups of gods) to keep it fresh. I think folk are generally a little timid when it comes to PvP stuff, having put the time and effort into establishing themselves to risk losing it (or damaging it) doesn't really seem worth it. Perhaps that's just me though :))

I'm not sure I like the idea about advancing ages, at least not at the pace you suggest. The first YG lasted ~100 Ticks (for some reason I keep thinking 120, but maybe not) and I'd rather not be pushing far beyond space age stuff at that point. One of the things I think about with gods is that the races kinda need to be kept at a lowish tech level to really justify belief in a god, else they can just use the technology to do the things that they once prayed to a god to help them with.

I don't think Saukko really has a goal at this point, which I guess is one of the things I regret with this choice of sphere, but ah well. Other than that I'm still enjoying the game.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #977 on: May 30, 2016, 07:59:17 pm »

i was sort of hoping for more initiative on the mortals' part, tbh, hence my last action. Hard to set up stuff for stories and legends to be woven when all they do is sit around and occasionally argue.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: May 30, 2016, 08:11:16 pm »

The thing is we do not have proper mechanics for mortal stuff, we need to create basic mechanics, so the technical players and the gm can enjoy to meddle with mortals much...

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: May 30, 2016, 08:25:59 pm »

Perhaps we should give mortals the Common Sense trait?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: May 30, 2016, 08:36:49 pm »

Surely that would have the opposite effect and make the game boring? Sensible isn't entertaining, after all.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: May 30, 2016, 08:42:30 pm »

It would increase agency and decrease the rate of pettiness, allowing them to do greater things.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: May 30, 2016, 08:59:00 pm »

I figured all sapiant mortals have this... If they didn't I'd actually have to micromanage every last one of them so theyd get anything done...

Have you guys read discworld... Do you know how the gods play on a visionary chessboard, with figures they put in the ring. They can only use certain beings to interact with their toys, and they seem to play a game to gain power. We could do something similar. We create a wonder where gods can't hurt each other and enact in a game that goes over some ticks, the winners of the game shall be rewarded ith essence and other things.

Maybe the game board gives every god a mission, or one mission to every god, and based on the amount of essence that each god invested the board will create more complex scenarios but also greater rewards. A god should also be able to invest essence to buy cards, these cards should hold power based on the initially invested essences (based on the gods spheres who play), so you might draw a card with wild wolves, or a thunderstorm, maybe an abandoned chest with an armor piece. The god may place this card onto the game field to aid his hero or to obstruct the other gods heros.

What do you think? I think if we think this through we might have a wonderful thing to do. If it goes the way I Imagine it, we will play games that alter the fate of the world. A winner of such a game should truley be rewarded and perhaps change the reality a bit to his favor. (For instance, if I were to win the game with the help of my turtleottie hero (turtlekind barbarians ;)) I might get the opportunity to remove the curse of non-magical from all existing turtleottie, or maybe every sapiant on earth gets powerful dreams about Zurion for the entire tick.

The game should give each player a handful of heros. The gods are there to give the heros advice, guide them, and occassionally scold them...
The game should draw its objective from the current events of the world. So if we were to play one game now, the objective of the game could be to unite the wizards of wizard island. So each competing god, would get one wizard to play with on the island, and should try to gain power there. The game might decide to give the god of chaos the mission to disrupt their union even more, whilst another chaos god might get the mission to seize power to then conquer more lands. Depending on each game, there could be different stages. So if chaos god 2 managed to unite the wizard under his chosens banner, the game spawns mission to stop him, or to prepare the armies to join him...

Not every game should necesarily revolve about something so magnificient. Maybe one mission is about five children playing a game (a game about gods playing a game about kids who play a game). The result of the game should always lead to something truley reality shifting however.

Edit: The cards should have a drawback if they failed. If a hero managed to kill your card, or oppose it somehow, the hero should increase in power. The bonuses applied should be tied to the card, so a hero who dodges a meteorite might find astro gloves, and the dragon killer might gain the power of firebreath.
There should be different sets of cards that are always in the game: Monsters, Sages, Witches, Bandits, Helpful Wizards, Traps, Small Shrines with bonuses. Monsters could be leveled into classes: Animals, Magical Animals, Rare Monsters, Unique Monsters, Sapiant Freak.
Animals are just that, when you play the card you roll a dice and the number appears as enemies to the chosen hero.
Magical animals are like the above, only you half the dice roll in number
Unique Monsters: Created to live contained within the game, each unique, each dangerous with +2 Size, +2Strength, and else depending on the essence invested to create this fiend (Prior to a running game) Base Cost 0.02 Essence*Traitcosts
Sapiant Freak: Created to live contained within the game, these unique creatures are intelligent and highly dangerous. They have +2Intelligence, +2Combat and they can have traits applied to them. They cannot be killed, only destroyed for a game, and they should grow in power if they slay heros. Forget not that they only appear when played while a game is going. Though they can interact and affect the world while the gods are playing, they disappear once it is over. They can cause great havoc nonetheless. E.G.: Mirabellia is a demoness who looks like a turtleonie lady. She is extremely beautiful to all beings and emits an aura of trust. Once youre in her reach she will slit your throat. +2Int, +2Combat, +2Agility Innate Magic:Hypnotic-Charisma

« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 09:18:07 pm by Detoxicated »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: May 30, 2016, 09:05:41 pm »

I like the idea, but it's maybe a little tame. Not very risky for a god to have heroes representing them, whereas it might be interesting if the gods had to manifest as their own hero, and could potentially get hurt in doing so...

But this is a Lite YG, so if we do decide to do this, we should each maybe suggest something OOC as an idea for a mission (a big goal) and it should last a few Ticks. Essence shouldn't necessarily be allowed depending on how it works, as we each have different degrees of income, but if we had like a game-specific Essence pool to draw from that couldn't be used for anything else, that is the same for each god... I'd be alright with that.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: May 30, 2016, 09:20:45 pm »

I like the idea, but it's maybe a little tame. Not very risky for a god to have heroes representing them, whereas it might be interesting if the gods had to manifest as their own hero, and could potentially get hurt in doing so...

But this is a Lite YG, so if we do decide to do this, we should each maybe suggest something OOC as an idea for a mission (a big goal) and it should last a few Ticks. Essence shouldn't necessarily be allowed depending on how it works, as we each have different degrees of income, but if we had like a game-specific Essence pool to draw from that couldn't be used for anything else, that is the same for each god... I'd be alright with that.
+1 Pls check my edit upstairs too...

I like that, I was thinking of something similar like the essence pool you suggested, thats why I came up with the cards... Some gods might enjoy creating cards more than playing, and it might make some cards dumb to use for one god, but extremely valuable to another.

Edit:Perhaps the game will give the players a choice of three places on the planet, and draws these places from the geological locations of the planet. The players get to vote on it.
Edit2:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I suppose one game should be between 3-5 rounds...

KJP do you have anything to say on the matter?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 07:49:00 am by Detoxicated »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #985 on: May 31, 2016, 12:39:55 pm »

What a refreshing weekend! On to YG stuff!

Demonic Spoon: Sorry to hear that, but understandable

Happy Demon: So far, I've left votes in in spite of death/leaving, but there is always the potential for change if it gets abused

Andres: Common sense trait: Watch as they become noninteractive because thinking up actual issues for those with common sense to resolve depletes the novelty pool too quickly :P

Detoxicated: Certainly a workable idea (especially starting next week)! It also sounds like it has relatively hard (as opposed to soft) mechanics, so it's probably not too much work to maintain. Of course, it would fundamentally change the game, so it would probably have to be decided OOC.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #986 on: May 31, 2016, 09:00:42 pm »

As a note on Wonder construction, the prices listed are not base prices like 0.004E for races or 1E for artifacts. Rather, they are quotas to fill with modifiers affecting the quota up or down based on the specific advantages and disadvantages applied at creation.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: May 31, 2016, 09:10:04 pm »

Can Wonders other than what are made in the OP be made?

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: May 31, 2016, 09:52:30 pm »

Yes, the game i mentioned would be something like this...

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: June 01, 2016, 04:34:31 am »

Axt has propped Vir up on Rekkr Island.
I opposed this action.
Axt tries to pull Vir, God of Dungeon and Dragons, down to earth, or rather, Rekkr Island.
Oppose

EDIT: This proposal is missing from the list and has enough supports to pass.
Propose: God Aura: Gods have a passive effect on their surroundings, even when idle. The effect is more power, about 25% more power.
This occurs only with what the god's spheres apply to, specifically, dungeon sphere for more dungeon-y dungeons (size, durability, inhabitants, etc.).
But the more spheres, and the more general the spheres, the weaker the effect.
Saukko opposes
Mischief opposes
Sacohpiocutr'ron supports
The Serene Tower opposes
Ascald supports
Malakath supports
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 04:53:08 am by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 72