Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who wants to continue combat and who wants to go back to Roleplaying?

Combat!
- 7 (63.6%)
Roleplaying!
- 4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 170

Author Topic: Frostfell Wastes OOC: Accepting Players  (Read 111880 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: Frostfell Wastes OOC: Accepting Players
« Reply #2325 on: May 15, 2016, 06:18:19 pm »

This strikes me as somewhat stupid to have 5 damage reduction on everything all the time.

Seem legit. Let me just go and make wolves which are naturally tough not have any damage reduction. Seems like the smart thing to do.

Obviously that was sarcasm. Mooks will tend to have Player level Natural Armor. This will be a given.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: May 15, 2016, 06:19:57 pm »

This seems to be a rather dangerous first combat. Just noting that.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: May 15, 2016, 06:23:52 pm »

Yeah, pretty much, considering we haven't tested the bloody thing and we had no warning that the things were only weak to AoE.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: May 15, 2016, 06:27:30 pm »

Seem legit. Let me just go and make wolves which are naturally tough not have any damage reduction. Seems like the smart thing to do.

Obviously that was sarcasm. Mooks will tend to have Player level Natural Armor. This will be a given.
But...Wolves aren't mooks, unless there's something you're not telling us, they're more trash mobs.  It's INSANE to think that a knife will just... Slide off a wolf!

And Niamh only being able to do 1, 2, or 3 damage, less than half the time, against mooks and trash mobs, strikes me as underpowered even for a healer.

I'm not saying no DR, I'm saying not 5 DR because that's just a bit too much suspension of disbelief.  2 or 3 sounds like a more reasonable number.  Alternatively, I would like to buff Niamh's damage to levels where she will actually DO some.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: May 15, 2016, 06:35:45 pm »

Yeah, pretty much, considering we haven't tested the bloody thing and we had no warning that the things were only weak to AoE.
I was more thinking it was because they can pin people who are already in small teams. The AOE thing makes sense since we're attacking groups and not individual wolves, but still it's just the first combat.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: May 15, 2016, 06:38:27 pm »

The "AoE thing" would make a bit more sense if the packs weren't statted as a single unit.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: May 15, 2016, 06:38:43 pm »

I personally think this reinforces the idea of the game quite well. It's supposed to be deadly, there's a reason Sanure gave us all a free revive from the start.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: May 15, 2016, 06:41:08 pm »

I wasn't by any means complaining, just noting that it was dangerous for a first combat. At least team two killed a group in their first turn. Still, I actually feel that they're in danger, and that's rather different from Trespassers.

Although that might just be because I'm not playing a tank in this one.
Sigtext!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: May 15, 2016, 06:42:39 pm »

I don't like how we weren't alerted that those enemies could only be hurt by aoe until after the fact.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: May 15, 2016, 06:45:45 pm »

I don't like that the unit is not a unit.

If you want to have more than one unit per enemy entry, they should be written as such, not...Whatever this is.

Like...

Howling Wolf Pack: 20 HP x2 9 SP x2.

I messed up on the specific formatting details, but...Seriously.
Sigtext

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: May 15, 2016, 06:51:51 pm »

Lol. Since when did I say it wasn't multiple enemies in a single grouping? They have low HP individually. howver, together they form a dangerous pack.

Spoiler: For TBF (click to show/hide)
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: May 15, 2016, 06:53:21 pm »

Wolf run is literally better then a lot of the player damaging skills.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: May 15, 2016, 06:53:58 pm »

I don't like how we weren't alerted that those enemies could only be hurt by aoe until after the fact.

*shrugs* I'm not going to say the weakness of an enemy you just met. That doen't sound grimdark to me at all :/

@ATH, Then again, most players aren't 10 wolves.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: May 15, 2016, 06:55:15 pm »

...Wolf Run is literally the same thing as their other skill Onslaught but with less damage.

Also, does giving people items (as in, giving them the item, not using it) take an action?
Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: May 15, 2016, 06:55:43 pm »

Lol. Since when did I say it wasn't multiple enemies in a single grouping? They have low HP individually. howver, together they form a dangerous pack.

Spoiler: For TBF (click to show/hide)
:-\

Howl Pack: [20 HP]x10 [18 SP]x10

Or whatever.

Not...Randomly splitting them into groups or whatever and then not subdividing the groups.

Where's their perk for subdividing, anyway?
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 170