Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Resistance-The Hornets Nest  (Read 7098 times)

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
  • I will not be very active till this text goes away
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance- Anarchy at the checkpoint
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2016, 03:18:48 pm »

Vespene picks up his phone.

"Oh, Ethan calls." He says before answering. "Greetings, comrade. Where are you?"
You receive no answer.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2016, 03:20:36 pm »

Praemio returns his drone to his back and gets up from the kneeling position he was in.
Well, it looks pretty standard fare, checkpoints, patrols, the usual.

Overhearing the conversation

Oh, is that Ethan? Where is he? He was supposed to be here a while ago.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 03:23:35 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2016, 04:19:15 pm »

((How far are we from the main body of agents then?))

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2016, 11:30:10 pm »

Wait to see what the agent does.
He zip ties your wrists behind your back and brings you over, kneels you down with a few others that have  the same done to them, close to the checkpoint.
((Not being very familiar with imperial distance system I assume that is 20 feets, which google tells me equals around 6 meters. That's understandable range. I also assume Ethan is the one calling me.))

Vespene picks up his phone.

"Oh, Ethan calls." He says before answering. "Greetings, comrade. Where are you?"
You here the sound of orders barking, a thudding noise followed by a grunt and then the signal is lost.
(Your conversion from imperial to metric is correct.)

((How far are we from the main body of agents then?))
According to your plan, you are holed up in a building near the checkpoint,  standing near a window. Since you planned to be casting a spell at the checkpoint, lets assume you are within 300'.
"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2016, 11:42:00 pm »

Shit that didn't sound good. Alright I have a new plan now that our pyshicer seems to have been captured, I suggest that our witch over here casts her spell and provides some arcane overwatch while Vlad and I take advantage of the chaos this transformation creates and slip into a house overlooking the checkpoint once thats done I will start shooting with my E-6B while Vlad wanders into the street to start some gassing too further add to the chaos.

Praemio's Convert's his E-6B into rifle mode and slips into a building to provide some fire support capability for Vladmeir about 25' from the checkpoint hopefully out of range of Vladmiers gas.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 11:59:03 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2016, 11:53:02 pm »

"Ethan needs our help! Let's do this!"

Get as close to the checkpoint I can without being detected, ensure my gasmask is on, and once Witch does her spell, storm in middle of the group of cops emitting my hallucinogenic gas. Try locate Ethan.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2016, 01:58:15 am »

Transform the Appearance of whichever agent most seems to be in charge. Transform him slowly in a natural looking mutation kind of change into a forty foot tall octopus with eight spider heads and the agent's face on the end of each of his arms.

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2016, 06:35:35 am »

be completely useless

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2016, 09:53:36 pm »

Shit that didn't sound good. Alright I have a new plan now that our pyshicer seems to have been captured, I suggest that our witch over here casts her spell and provides some arcane overwatch while Vlad and I take advantage of the chaos this transformation creates and slip into a house overlooking the checkpoint once thats done I will start shooting with my E-6B while Vlad wanders into the street to start some gassing too further add to the chaos.

Praemio's Convert's his E-6B into rifle mode and slips into a building to provide some fire support capability for Vladmeir about 25' from the checkpoint hopefully out of range of Vladmiers gas.
You are in a building close to the checkpoint. Do you wan to shoot something?
"Ethan needs our help! Let's do this!"

Get as close to the checkpoint I can without being detected, ensure my gasmask is on, and once Witch does her spell, storm in middle of the group of cops emitting my hallucinogenic gas. Try locate Ethan.
The security agents, busy with the creature don't notice your approach. Your pores open up wide and sort of protrude out of your skin like dilated nodules. Hallucinogenic gas blasts the area but nothing happens. Apparently CGS agents have respirator equipped helmets. Ethan is near the APC on his knees beside some other criminals who have hit the deck for safety.[3]
Transform the Appearance of whichever agent most seems to be in charge. Transform him slowly in a natural looking mutation kind of change into a forty foot tall octopus with eight spider heads and the agent's face on the end of each of his arms.
The soldier standing at the back with his arms folded is transformed to appear as the creature and predictably his fellow squad mates drop their interrogation duties and begin lasing bits of him away. The trooper in the to turret of the APC swivels around and burst fires several dozen large caliber rounds into the creature. All the citizens flee in different directions and no one tries to stop them.[6]
be completely useless
[auto-success]

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2016, 10:15:36 pm »

Prameio grins to himself as he sights up and fires his  E-6B  rifle into the the trooper manning the turret .

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2016, 11:49:49 pm »

If our witch fails to melt the APC, then locate it, get inside and shoot something important looking bits, or possibly agents that are inside. Once APC is dealt with and agents are distracted, grab Ethan and pull him safety through areas that aren't gassed yet.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 04:00:09 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2016, 01:59:55 am »

I think I can possibly handle the APC...

"Hey, hold your fire dude, I think I can handle this without giving us away. Let me try, at least."

Cast Dissolve on the APC, when my comrade is not in it...

((I'll need to rest afterwards though I think))
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 02:02:54 am by lawastooshort »

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2016, 07:46:20 am »

use my telekinesis to shoot the agent's guns against them! Then run to my friends, if possible

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2016, 06:36:57 pm »

Hey everybody, I was sick for a few days (like brutal can't sit up to play RTD sick) but I'm much better now.

Anyhow,

Round 2

Text message comes in on Vespene's phone:
CGSA hovercycle squads coming in hot! Better wrap things up and get out!.

Hovercycle troopers are high speed, high maneuverability, air to ground attack force equipped with heavy machine guns and mini-missiles.[/font]

Prameio grins to himself as he sights up and fires his  E-6B  rifle into the the trooper manning the turret .
You aim at the trooper and squeeze the trigger. [4] There is no noise and no recoil. Only  a very brief infrared light seen brightly throught the scope to the target. And then the damage done nearly instantly [5]. The gunner slumps over at his turret. with a 3 inch burning hole in his chest. Your clip has 5/6 charges remaining.
If our witch fails to melt the APC, then locate it, get inside and shoot something important looking bits, or possibly agents that are inside. Once APC is dealt with and agents are distracted, grab Ethan and pull him safety through areas that aren't gassed yet.
You manage to grab Ethan beside the APC [4] howerver, jumping inside the APC through the rear ramp door is a bad idea since it's being filled with heavy armored shock troopers who are beating a hasty retreat. [2]

I think I can possibly handle the APC...

"Hey, hold your fire dude, I think I can handle this without giving us away. Let me try, at least."

Cast Dissolve on the APC, when my comrade is not in it...

((I'll need to rest afterwards though I think))

You cast dissolve on the hardened armor of the APC. It weakens the structure Around the hatch and the turret with the corpse of the CGSA trooper. Both are now unserviceable. [6]
use my telekinesis to shoot the agent's guns against them! Then run to my friends, if possible
Your power doesn't really work in such a complex manner. Sure you can easily pull a trigger or push or pull a gun, just not quite that accurately, especially if someone is on the other end opposing your force. Instead their weapons wildly fire in all directions  in a very hazardous manner.[2] Lucky for you you get scooper up by the very stong mutant Vespene.
The CGSA troops beat the band to make it into the rear ramp of the APC. Leaving their equipment behind they fire out the raising ramp door as the tracks of the APC chew up the street and the engine revs unfer the strain to accelerate the machine out of sight.
The streets are empty for the moment.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2016, 11:45:36 pm »

((Glad your feeling better))

Praemio looks around for a car to steal using his tool palms.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 01:08:49 pm by MidnightJaguar »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5