Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Roll To Space Pirate: MKIV OOC : A Pair of Boots, A Cutlass, and a Parrot. OOC  (Read 13228 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

Alrighty! Lets get this on the road. Gonna check which characters I haven't plopped in the OP yet and do so/state what needs fixing and then turn this into the OOC thread before making the IC thread.
May we please begin the game, and if Andres can't finalize a design for an acceptable character before you finish making Turn 1 then could his entrance into the game simply be delayed until his character design process (which could continue here in the soon-to-be-OOC-thread) has  been completed and accepted?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My character is 100% complete. The delays to the game aren't related to my character.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Pretty much what Andres said. RL tends to like butting in when it isn't wanted.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Writing up IC thread now~

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

All of my yes. And more.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a couple of requests.

First, could you change the titles so that the IC/OOC tags are at the beginning? Makes it easier to differentiate the two in my bookmarks.

Second, change I change Fear Resistance (+3 full) to Disciplined (+2 full)?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sure and sure.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks.

blazing glory

Hum.

In this future, can we assume that high quality robots are typically capable of operating indefinitely, or do they need to be recharged like most things? Or is it really just something that varies?

Are there robots out there that are a match for the insanely tough superhuman ninjas kicking around places or is there a certain 'threshold of overpoweredness' that robots can't clear? (Mostly thinking about things like the psionics and stuff kicking around and wondering if the 'bots have anything that can compare)

Can we reasonably be assumed to be able to get things underway without having to deal with haunted toasters and genetically mutated mice first?

Also does spooky shit happen on a regular basis (rephrase, do people notice the spooky shit that happens on a regular basis) or are we just cursed for being the protagonists?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 05:28:58 am by blazing glory »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All mobile entities require some sort of power source. Something without energy cannot move.

With organics that's food and sleep and possibly stored up material.

With robots that might be recharging, might be solar power, might be internal fission reactors, it heavily varies.

With cybernetic entities (KX9 as an example) it might be food, might be various input materials, might be solar, might be smallscale reactors, again heavily varies.

Psions can be both mechanical or biological. Certain kinds of psions can attain sustanance through their psionic abilities but that's rather rare. There's no necessary upper limit. Generally speaking, the higher the tech, the nastier the damage that a given agent can do. Even with the average of T1.3 for most human civs, the every day civvie would be able to mop the floor with trained soldiers from a modern military irl due to the various extensive genemodding and implants for both longevity, increased productivity, and general capacity. That just won't be readily apparent outside of feudal world raiding. As people got harder to kill, guns got more killy.

There are absolutely bots that are a match for the various posthumans running around. Hell. If we take into account the sheer scale of some bots (Namely shipdrones that the more advanced races use), the average post human would be able to do exactly jack shit against it. There is only so much one can do when they attempt to punch a literal starship. And in the end? Tactics is the biggest killer. Four bots with superior tactics will normally off a given posthuman.

Anomalous events and entities crop up on a semi regular basis. Some of the population are aware of them, others are not. That depends heavily on the civ in question, on one hand, ignorance can be a shield, on the other hand, watchful eyes can lead to quickly noticing a problem before it gets bad. Depending on the severity, how early it was noticed, and the specifics behind the anomaly, it can lead to a quick resolution and erradication/containment, to an entire district being quarentined, or to a planet being glassed and the oceans boiled. Most civs have a significant portion of their budget going to various mopup teams for dealing with the various weird bullshit that crops up and a number of higher tier civs have entire fleets dedicated to it. When you loose an entire planet to toothpicks that burrow into your skin and lay eggs or an entire colony literally falls out of existance and is replaced with a rip in reality full of hungry eyes, you will generally take that kind of shit seriously the moment something is reported. Expecially subversive anomalies, memetic agents, and anything that can make more of itself or spread. It isn't necessarily an increase in frequency as time goes on, it's more of a "More people leads to more psions/anomalous inputs leads to more problems and data transmission has become easier over time, leading to better recording of events."

You can reasonably assume that you'll have to deal with a few active anomalies aboard your ship at some point or another. The Clusterfuck is relatively dormant, but that doesn't mean all of its denizens are asleep. Any old vessel capable of intersteller travel is going to have something or another lurking in it. Especially when the ship was made specifically to draw them in.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When will we go back to our regularly scheduled bark?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 06:37:54 am by Andres »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Waiting on a a couple people. One of them I Believe is having rl stuff. Will prod them again.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Waiting on a a couple people. One of them I Believe is having rl stuff. Will prod them again.
Boot them. It's been more than two weeks since the last update. Such a long delay over a couple of people is absurd.

Even with the average of T1.3 for most human civs, the every day civvie would be able to mop the floor with trained soldiers from a modern military irl due to the various extensive genemodding and implants for both longevity, increased productivity, and general capacity.
And you say this is for civilians? Well, this is certainly of interest to me...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7