Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29

Author Topic: Corruption Mafia - Game over! Outsider TheDarkStar wins!  (Read 48820 times)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Day 4 - Ripples of thought
« Reply #360 on: May 31, 2016, 02:29:24 pm »

Persus: You never shared your role flavor so please do share it now.

As for your question, I answered it I just didn't quote your question, as I've said twice now I was having problems with my internet for most of day 2 and couldn't get on the forums.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 31, 2016, 03:53:14 pm »

Unvote.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 31, 2016, 03:56:44 pm »

As for your question, I answered it I just didn't quote your question, as I've said twice now I was having problems with my internet for most of day 2 and couldn't get on the forums.
I did in my last post.

Unvote.
Well, there goes my record of never being lynched as town. If Fillipk doesn't get lynched tomorrow, I'm going to have serious words with y'all.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 31, 2016, 04:02:08 pm »

I did in my last post.

Unvote.
Well, there goes my record of never being lynched as town. If Fillipk doesn't get lynched tomorrow, I'm going to have serious words with y'all.
Sorry about missing your flavor, and don't worry, I think your record is safe.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 31, 2016, 04:17:54 pm »

BHK and TDS, why is lynching me the best possible scenario here?
It isn't, but nobody wants to lynch the third party. which is why we're settling for you.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 31, 2016, 04:19:30 pm »

It isn't, but nobody wants to lynch the third party. which is why we're settling for you.
And fillipk isn't an option because?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 31, 2016, 04:33:45 pm »

Why is fillipk more attractive an option than you?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 31, 2016, 04:38:02 pm »

I know fillipk is the final scum. Which makes him more attractive for me. You don't know that, and you chose me over him. I want to know why, besides "third parties are scary".
Sigtext

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 31, 2016, 04:44:33 pm »

I know fillipk is the final scum. Which makes him more attractive for me. You don't know that, and you chose me over him. I want to know why, besides "third parties are scary".
You aren't confirmed town, and at this point, even if you are town, the only thing that'll confirm you will be Meph's announcement of your role. I have zero inclination to believe you.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 31, 2016, 04:54:19 pm »

All of those also apply to fillipk.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 31, 2016, 05:13:35 pm »

You aren't confirmed town, and at this point, even if you are town, the only thing that'll confirm you will be Meph's announcement of your role. I have zero inclination to believe you.
BHK, if you just answered my question instead of going all evasive on me, it would be much easier to interact with you. Answer the freaking question. What makes me more scummy than fillipk?

I know I'm not confirmed town. I never said I was. You asked me why fillipk is a more attractive option. So I responded by saying that I'm voting for him because from my position its almost impossible for anyone else to be scum. If you want reasons why you should vote for him, then there's the fact that Fillipk's role is unproven and after his claim he discouraged any ways to prove his role or making it useful. My role is also unproven, but I've encouraged people to test it by telling them not to publicly state whether they've been targeting me. In this game he's done nothing besides vote flabort in his first post D2 and "happened" to lynch scum:
Hey Flabort, now that day 1 is over and the guy was lynched, mind sharing with everyone why you thought he was a good lynch target?
Which looks a lot like a distancing vote gone awry.
Sigtext

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 31, 2016, 05:17:53 pm »

No it's me running with something Jack brought up, I never meant to leave my vote all day and I was going to switch when someone more attractive popped up but like I keep saying I had internet problems and was unable to follow up.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 31, 2016, 05:29:32 pm »

BHK, if you just answered my question instead of going all evasive on me, it would be much easier to interact with you. Answer the freaking question. What makes me more scummy than fillipk?

I know I'm not confirmed town. I never said I was. You asked me why fillipk is a more attractive option. So I responded by saying that I'm voting for him because from my position its almost impossible for anyone else to be scum. If you want reasons why you should vote for him, then there's the fact that Fillipk's role is unproven and after his claim he discouraged any ways to prove his role or making it useful. My role is also unproven, but I've encouraged people to test it by telling them not to publicly state whether they've been targeting me. In this game he's done nothing besides vote flabort in his first post D2 and "happened" to lynch scum:
Hey Flabort, now that day 1 is over and the guy was lynched, mind sharing with everyone why you thought he was a good lynch target?
Which looks a lot like a distancing vote gone awry.
It looks like it was too early to be a bus from my end. I don't know that you aren't scum lying your way out of a loss, and I don't want to be the one who loses the game for town. How do I know that you aren't lying? You and fillipk are absolutely at the same level of scumminess from my end. If it isn't you, we have time to take out Fillipk tomorrow, and the game should end there. If it is you, town wins today if TDS is a benevolent third, and tomorrow if TDS was playing us, which I think he is.

Nothing makes you more scummy or less scummy than fillipk, other than the vote you're using as leverage against him, which is a null tell considering the circumstances.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 31, 2016, 05:52:27 pm »

How do I know that you aren't lying? You and fillipk are absolutely at the same level of scumminess from my end. If it isn't you, we have time to take out Fillipk tomorrow, and the game should end there. If it is you, town wins today if TDS is a benevolent third, and tomorrow if TDS was playing us, which I think he is.

Nothing makes you more scummy or less scummy than fillipk, other than the vote you're using as leverage against him, which is a null tell considering the circumstances.
So the key bit is the bolded part. Thanks for giving me a straight answer. And you don't know if I'm lying. I could be scum trying to wriggle my way out of a lynch, or I could be town trying to end the game today instead of taking another day or two where gamey BS from nefarious parties might happen. Thanks for giving it to me straight.

Hope you have your plan ready in ten minutes.

No it's me running with something Jack brought up, I never meant to leave my vote all day and I was going to switch when someone more attractive popped up but like I keep saying I had internet problems and was unable to follow up.
You should have made it more explicit then "good point Jack" in your next post and then tunnelling flabort in your three posts that day. You should also realize that my argument isn't that you bussed flabort, its that you accidentally bussed him. I believe you had internet issues, I believe they prevented you from unvoting what initially was meant as a vote to distance you and flabort. It worked, but it also got your scumbuddy killed, which isn't very good in a game with no guaranteed night kill.
Sigtext

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 31, 2016, 06:21:38 pm »

The Vote Tally
fillipk: Deus Asmoth, Persus13
Persus13: BlackHeartKabal, fillipk, TheDarkStar

After much discussion, you finally decide that you must bar Persus13 from the Mindscape. He grumps about it, but ultimately relents.

Once he has been barred, the elder speaks up again. "Ah, yes, the echos have shifted again. But not for the better, I am afraid. I sense a loss of insight. I think a Disciple of the Third Eye has been barred, and since the Corruption has not lessened I fear we shall miss his keen eye soon."

Night has fallen. Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29