Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29

Author Topic: Corruption Mafia - Game over! Outsider TheDarkStar wins!  (Read 48883 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Day 3 discovers Coral
« Reply #300 on: May 23, 2016, 02:59:32 pm »

Basically, the order of events N3:
*292 is purified
*292 is then poured by whoever pours it, moving the clearness around and normalizing 292 itself
*Persus and fillipk both have posts impacted
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 23, 2016, 03:44:32 pm »

I don't think my power will work with this plan as it isn't changing my post by stages, just switching my post's status to a certain one.  However it could work by switching it one more stage in the direction it was going, so it would only affect my post if it got corrupted right?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 23, 2016, 03:54:52 pm »

I doubt Meph would design a town power that terrible, fillipk.  Ask him how it works in this case, though.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 23, 2016, 04:02:36 pm »

I doubt Meph would design a town power that terrible, fillipk.  Ask him how it works in this case, though.
Well we do have a person who can purify posts and 2 people who can spread that through 7 posts, I think its fair for there to be a couple millers in this game.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 23, 2016, 04:11:45 pm »

There's millers, and then there's people who die really quickly and give no benefit to town through their roles for some bizarre reason.  I'm pretty sure you're neither.

Also, Flowing River disciples do not "switch [a] post's status to a certain one."  We change posts by stages.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Day 2 discovers Coral
« Reply #305 on: May 23, 2016, 04:15:19 pm »

Meph: Do you reset votes when replacements show up? I can't remember if you do that sort of thing.

My promised post, mainly responding to fillipk's accusations against me. For all the posts today, there's a surprisingly lack of content. It looks the suspicious characters are down to me, TDS, and OSG, and fillipk. Fillipk is someone who I find slightly shifty, but I think OSG is more likely to be the last scum, (weird claim D2, easy to fake, etc.). TDS we can save for later, since we know he's a third party. Unless NQT has a better proposal, lynching him seems like the best case scenario.

Jack A T:
Quick post while I'm writing something significant up:
Persus: Can you confirm for the record precisely whose actions altered your Post 32's colouration last night?
No, my role's not that specific. I can tell who changed my posts, but not which post got changed by whom. This might affect whatever plans you have involving me, because if I know who you and BHK (or TDS) will target, I could fake knowing it.

fillipk:
I believe Persus13 is the second scum and he bussed Flabort at the end of day 2 for no real good reason after trying to get BHK for the first half of the day even though BHK explained his reason for voting O.Wilde
If I was scum, why would I bus flabort? He only had two votes on him and several other people had one. And considering no one has been scum killed in the night yet it would have been very poor play for scum me to make. So what incentive would I have had to bus flabort? Why was my reason for voting flabort not good? Finally, I don't get your version of what happened between me and BHK D2. It sounds like your distorting it to make me look scummy. Why was switching my vote to Flabort scummy? Where did BHK satisfactorily explain his reason for voting O. Wilde?

What DA is trying to point out is that his role only purifies himself, so he can't purify your posts even if he wanted to. So why did you feel the need to claim your role on Day 2 when it wasn't necessary for you to do so at all?

Also Flabort, have you done anything productive today at all.
Persus didn't vote Flavort till after the first extension when there was already a 2 person bandwagon on Flabort and he was the only one voting BHK.  Combined with those facts this reason for voting, which he does explain, though not very well, basically saying Flabort and me haven't been very active then pressures Flabort, even though he questions me in the post.(not quoted).
I asked you a question 19 hours after this post. Which you never answered. So why does that matter at all to your case against me? Why is it proof that I'm scum? Why does it matter that I voted after an extension?

Also Flabort, have you done anything productive today at all.

Persus13: Why are you joining the current lynch bandwagon with no read justification? There are lots of people who haven't done much today and flabort's only distinguishing feature in this regard is that other people are voting for him.
Sorry for the confusion, there's supposed to be a question mark at the end of that sentence, which I just realized didn't make it. I'm voting flabort to ensure he saw my question. In regards to productivity, fillipk's posted 3 times; you've posted 4 times. Flabort's posted twice. Granted fillipk's only posts are shorter and have done nothing except attack flabort, but compared to his day 1, two posts is pretty abysmal. Thanks for the vote, it made me take the time out of studying for finals to use the lurker tracker to check out some posts and come up with a question for fillipk.
All of this makes his vote seem like a distancing vote when it looked like the lynch was going to go towards Flabort.
Why does this post make my vote look like a distancing vote? You attack me for not questioning flabort and not having a good reason for my vote. Then you draw the conclusion that this post, which A. Clarifies that I had intended my vote to be attached to a questioned but mistyped and B. doubles down with evidence why flabort suddenly stopped being productive somehow is the smoking gun showing I'm distancing.

Sure, Persus why didn't you bring that up the day before instead of voting for inactivity, because right now it looks like a fake claim/ Mafia rolecop thing.
Why would I bring up my role D2? Just because all the cool kids were claiming doesn't mean I had to join them. My role is also only useful if scum target me and I notice my posts got corrupted. Scum won't corrupt my posts if they know my role because I'll spot them. Therefore, the best course of action was keeping my role secret while getting flabort lynched. Which worked. Why would I fake claim an inspective role as Mafia and not something else like a disciple of the iron will? An inspect role is much easier to verify. Finally, why would being a Mafia role cop matter?

If you guys would like we can wait till the next day to figure out which one of us is scum, testing my role interaction during the night and lynch the third party today.
What's your role again? And for the record, I think Notquitethere is far more likely to be scum than you.

TDS:
But we also have a 100% chance not to lynch scum today if you pick me. If we lynch you or Persus, on the other hand, we have a 50% chance to lynch scum. Actually, how about this: We lynch Persus first. If he's town, we lynch you. This way, we're basically sure to have lynched the scum in 2 and not 3 days and the town doesn't end up in LyLo if both of you are town.
Why would you lynch me over fillipk?

notquitethere: Welcome to the game. How do you plan to save yourself from being lynched?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 11:54:36 am by Mephansteras »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 23, 2016, 04:36:32 pm »

Oh and I'm a Disciple of the Open Mind
Sure, all effects to my posts are more severe by one step, still reading will post tonight
Role flavour:  I'm eager to exchange ideas with others ergo my posts change more severely, (+1 step whenever my posts are changed either direction)
This is my role

AS for all your other points, I still think you are suspicious, less suspicious now that I had a chance to mull it over, but your still up there.  Honestly what I want to know is what could the mafia do to you if you claimed?  Its clear they don't have a kill, or they would be using it, so what were you scared of?

Unvote

NQT
do you think OSG did a good job so far, what would you have done differently?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 23, 2016, 05:28:32 pm »

Yeah meph basically said any change that is one step becomes 2 steps, 2->3, etc...

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 23, 2016, 05:41:52 pm »

AS for all your other points, I still think you are suspicious, less suspicious now that I had a chance to mull it over, but your still up there.  Honestly what I want to know is what could the mafia do to you if you claimed?  Its clear they don't have a kill, or they would be using it, so what were you scared of?
I wasn't scared, so much as concerned I wouldn't be able to get as much mileage out of my role as I wanted to.

Thanks for the claim stuff.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 23, 2016, 06:01:58 pm »

The Vote Tally
BlackHeartKabal: notquitethere
notquitethere: Deus Asmoth, fillipk, Jack A T, Persus13, TheDarkStar
TheDarkStar: BlackHeartKabal

Since notquitethere hasn't had a chance to reply yet I am going to mod extend the day to ~4pm Pacific Tuesday. One possible Extension remains available for this day.

Meph: Do you reset votes when replacements show up? I can't remember if you do that sort of thing.

I do not, I just let the day get extended so people can respond to the change.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 24, 2016, 05:41:34 pm »

Um, hello? NQT has 20 minutes to post before he gets lynched.
Sigtext

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 24, 2016, 05:43:03 pm »

Oh, crap. Jack, which post do I pour?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 24, 2016, 05:44:23 pm »

I've just realized, I think we have an extend left, right?
Extend?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 24, 2016, 05:49:28 pm »

Extend I mean I'll feel bad if we lynch him and he hasn't posted yet.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 24, 2016, 05:54:23 pm »

Extend I mean I'll feel bad if we lynch him and he hasn't posted yet.
Yeah. I mean, I've commit amazing acts of magnificent bastardry in mafia, but I have standards.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29