Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29

Author Topic: Corruption Mafia - Game over! Outsider TheDarkStar wins!  (Read 48932 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Day 3 discovers Coral
« Reply #270 on: May 19, 2016, 10:45:13 pm »

Sure.

Extend.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 20, 2016, 05:26:53 am »

Extend. I'll be gone all day.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 20, 2016, 10:10:18 am »

The Vote Tally
BlackHeartKabal: origamiscienceguy
fillipk: Deus Asmoth
origamiscienceguy: Jack A T
Persus13: TheDarkStar
TheDarkStar: BlackHeartKabal, fillipk, Persus13

Day has been Extended to ~4pm Pacific Monday. 1 Possible extension remains for this day.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 20, 2016, 04:10:36 pm »

Alright.

Jack A T - riverfriend Shares my role, apparently. Driving force behind most of the town's play. Needless to say, he's as close to town as you can get without mechanical confirmation. Would vote to lynch if being held at gunpoint at desk.
origamiscienceguy - The Disciple of Iron Will, as he says. Some of his actions make me think that he's the last mafia, but the mafia wouldn't risk claiming Iron Will due to the possibility of counter claims. Is on the list of priority lynches, at lowest priority.
TheDarkStar- A third party is absolutely not inclined to work with the town. They work for nobody but themselves, True Neutrals, Neutral Evils, whatever terminology you prefer. It is absolutely imperative we lynch him ASAP. I would, in an extreme case, be inclined to ask Jack A T to help me vig him with Corruption, which would serve the dual purpose of getting rid of it.
fillipk - Second lowest on the list of priority lynches. Doesn't come off as town to me due to a mix of low participation, demeanor, and offering of a 50%/50% between Persus. He is probably very likely the last mafia.
Deus Asmoth - Abrasive Wellspring, cooperating for purposes of the game. Absolutely town.
Persus13 - Second highest on the list of priority lynches, due to same reasoning as fillipk sans 50% offering. We should lynch him if fillipk turns up pure.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 21, 2016, 12:07:55 am »

It's a 50/50 mix because both Persus and TheDarkStar are both scum too me, People haven't decided who they want to lynch though

BHK how about we both lynch Persus just in case TheDarkStar actually isn't trying to kill us all.

Here I'll Unvote

Persus13
now your turn.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 21, 2016, 10:37:23 am »

BHK, if you want to get back into the game instead of having a pointless argument, maybe you should stop being such a passive aggressive shitlord.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 21, 2016, 10:47:48 am »

BHK, if you want to get back into the game instead of having a pointless argument, maybe you should stop being such a passive aggressive shitlord.
There was no aggression there. If someone is difficult for me to interact with, they're abrasive.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 21, 2016, 06:11:54 pm »

First of all, no. That's not what abrasive means.

Second of all, yes, it was passive aggressive from the choice of words to the implication that I was only going along with the plan out of self interest.

Third, considering your claim of being able to predict my behaviour based off word choice, you've lost any right to tell me about intent.

Oh, and then there's the claim that I'm cooperating with you considering this was set in motion during day 2, when you were busy covering your own ass.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 21, 2016, 06:52:44 pm »

With your attitude towards me, I have zero inclination not to be a "passive aggressive shitlord".

First of all, no. That's not what abrasive means.

Second of all, yes, it was passive aggressive from the choice of words to the implication that I was only going along with the plan out of self interest.

Third, considering your claim of being able to predict my behaviour based off word choice, you've lost any right to tell me about intent.

Oh, and then there's the claim that I'm cooperating with you considering this was set in motion during day 2, when you were busy covering your own ass.

1 - I worded that wrong, yes, but you can certainly see my point and pretend not to understand.

2 - Why am I not inclined to think that you're a person who can cooperate with someone you dislike so vehemently out of mutual interest?

3 - I will state what I observe if someone asks me to, within reason, and you have no ability to enforce me saying such.

4 - You're willing to vote someone you're annoyed with. Votes naturally get players killed, so I can assume from that display that you'd have less of a problem as a town role with actual killing power offing an annoying town player, which could cost the town a game, which is, naturally, not a trait I like in someone who plays mafia.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 21, 2016, 06:56:54 pm »

I'm also going to state that this is utterly idiotic, and if you're willing to stop arguing, you can automatically consider that I am as well. If not for how much people hate it in mafia, I'd actually edit the post.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 22, 2016, 11:46:59 am »

What's my "attitude towards you", exactly? How have I treated you any differently to literally anyone else I've ever played this game with?

1, I never said I didn't understand. I said that you used the word wrongly, which you did.

2, see this is the problem. I voted for you because you were obviously not playing with the town's interests as your primary focus. You seem to be determined to take that as a personal insult despite admitting that you were doing so. You were the one who decided to take it further, you were the one who went for personal insults, and you're the one who seems to think that you can claim to want to drop it while still slipping in snide commentary.

3, are you trying to argue that your personal opinion of me has any conceivable relevance to this game? If you're going to justify you're entire view of me based off grammar, I'm going to pull you up over the same thing. Are you intentionally being a hypocrite or are you doing it accidentally?

4, I wasn't voting for an annoying town player. I was voting for a player who had done nothing to benefit the town, had admitted that their own survival was more important to them than the town, and was making vague threats about how awful it would be if they died. Those aren't traits I like to see in someone who plays mafia. More importantly, they're all scumtells, and I voted for you because of them. Grow up and get over it.

5, I was perfectly willing to drop it. You clearly aren't if your definition of dropping it includes inserting comments about how utterly awful I am whenever you get the opportunity.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 22, 2016, 11:57:44 am »

Oh, and
OSG.
I'd prefer if fillipk got lynched, but it's better than lynching the third party.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 22, 2016, 12:49:26 pm »

Request Replacement

Bad week at work and round two of exams coming up. Don't feel motivated to try at all.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 22, 2016, 01:14:40 pm »

What's my "attitude towards you", exactly? How have I treated you any differently to literally anyone else I've ever played this game with?

1, I never said I didn't understand. I said that you used the word wrongly, which you did.

2, see this is the problem. I voted for you because you were obviously not playing with the town's interests as your primary focus. You seem to be determined to take that as a personal insult despite admitting that you were doing so. You were the one who decided to take it further, you were the one who went for personal insults, and you're the one who seems to think that you can claim to want to drop it while still slipping in snide commentary.

3, are you trying to argue that your personal opinion of me has any conceivable relevance to this game? If you're going to justify you're entire view of me based off grammar, I'm going to pull you up over the same thing. Are you intentionally being a hypocrite or are you doing it accidentally?

4, I wasn't voting for an annoying town player. I was voting for a player who had done nothing to benefit the town, had admitted that their own survival was more important to them than the town, and was making vague threats about how awful it would be if they died. Those aren't traits I like to see in someone who plays mafia. More importantly, they're all scumtells, and I voted for you because of them. Grow up and get over it.

5, I was perfectly willing to drop it. You clearly aren't if your definition of dropping it includes inserting comments about how utterly awful I am whenever you get the opportunity.
I'm on mobile, I'm not going to type this on a phone. I just want the argument to stop, so assume the responses to your points are based with that in mind.

I also want to know why scum we know so much about is more important than a third party who's mechanics we only know of through (italics) the third party themselves (italics).

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 22, 2016, 05:06:38 pm »

Because we don't win by lynching third parties, primarily. Also because even if TDS is some kind of serial killer tailored to this setup (probably by being some kind of arsonist) he still doesn't have fillipk marked, so he can't win tonight. That means that advancing the search for scum is a higher priority as far as I'm concerned.

I also can't help but think that TDS could have something that he needs to trigger by being lynched considering he knows that claiming a third party role would likely result in immediately getting killed.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29