Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29

Author Topic: Corruption Mafia - Game over! Outsider TheDarkStar wins!  (Read 48866 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Day 1 - Ripples in the Mindscape
« Reply #120 on: May 11, 2016, 04:52:51 pm »

If he didn't want to get lynched, he shouldn't have taken an arbitrary action that could have been considered suspicious in a setup where all the roles aren't known. He also didn't explain as such. Add in his lack of activity, it's a good D1 lynch, the only bad thing being that he's town. It also appears that i'm not a doublevoter, so it's not purely my fault that O. Wilde got lynched. Are you that fond of flabort that you're overlooking his vote, or are you just tunneled on me?
I'm assuming by the fact that he was playing the game, he didn't want to get lynched. He explained his action as him messing around in RVS to provoke a reaction. Why is that a bad idea? Especially since while we are in a closed setup, what we do know involves post colors, not random numbers in posts. Why should the D1 lynch be of someone lacking activity? How does that help us? Finally, why are you trying to deflect me onto flabort instead of yourself? Do you think I didn't notice he was on the lynch? And why are you twisting my focusing on you into either buddying with flabort or tunneling you?
Mafia and SKs don't want to get lynched either, I don't see the point you're trying to make in that. In the random voting stage, drawing attention onto yourself by counting numbers down for no reason? That worked, but not in the way he expected. Scum tend to fake lurking so that they don't have to contribute towards the town hunting themselves. And I'm honestly just interested in why you're approaching me about this over flabort. I'm going to naturally assume, that if you see flabort's vote and refuse to acknowledge it, you're either tunneling me or buddying with flabort. I'm assuming it because I have zero inclination to think otherwise from the context I have.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 11, 2016, 05:21:34 pm »

Knowing how corruption works we should refrain from quoting and just reference post numbers/the person themselves.  However it appears scum know how corruption work as they targeted a post that was quoted a lot

Hey Flabort, now that day 1 is over and the guy was lynched, mind sharing with everyone why you thought he was a good lynch target?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 11, 2016, 05:27:38 pm »

What I find interesting is that these three:

TheDarkStar
O.Wilde
fillipk

have not been affected in any way. If we are to assume that they cannot corrupt themselves (big assumption, I know.) then that would make these three more likely to be the ones affecting the others.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 11, 2016, 07:23:59 pm »

The Vote Tally
BlackHeartKabal: Persus13
flabort: fillipk

Day ends ~4pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 11, 2016, 09:47:23 pm »

What I find interesting is that these three:

TheDarkStar
O.Wilde
fillipk

have not been affected in any way. If we are to assume that they cannot corrupt themselves (big assumption, I know.) then that would make these three more likely to be the ones affecting the others.

Isn't O. Wilde dead?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 11, 2016, 10:00:36 pm »

I noticed something interesting with all the modified posts: All other modified posts are quoted in the red post. So maybe corruption spreads through quotes and leaves the originally targeted post red?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 11, 2016, 10:05:59 pm »

maybe we should stop quoting and use links instead?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 11, 2016, 10:13:17 pm »

I think the damage has been done at this point. There are probably already a half-dozen or so posts full of quotes already.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2016, 10:50:50 pm »

Can't hurt to start doing it now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2016, 11:55:11 pm »

Spoiler: Example: (click to show/hide)

The only one that doesn't have a quote referencing that first post it this one:
EBWOP: That purple was meant to be blue.

Interestingly, the (presumably third party related) change to flabort's post hasn't spread despite being quoted.
I want to test this theory. There's not enough proof for me to believe that corruption is being spread through quotes. Assuming you're right, if I quote all the posts you quoted, we should both get our posts corrupted after the second night. Right?

Spoiler: The quotes in question (click to show/hide)

Given we can have two fully corrupted posts without dying, I'm hoping that tempting fate this way doesn't result in my death; and these are only Tainted, so it's a low risk test for me, right?
I mean, it could be risky for you too, but you can't change that you've quoted those posts now, so I guess you're into it now.

Another Quote, post 126 by OSG
OK, from now on, bar the experiment above, sure. I'll try to do this for you.
If I do make any more proper quotes with the [quote ] tag, I'll try to justify my reason for it.

Quote by fillipK, post 121, voting me
I did share, during day 1. Nobody had any suspects for who might be scum that I could see, I couldn't see anything else suspect except BHK's apparent slip about his role involving quotes, nobody else was trying to justify their votes (just extending and then not using the extension to bring up any new topics), and there was a possibility that he was a third party from the counting thing; he passed it off as nothing, but that countdown could have served as a trigger for something. In hindsight, based on his roleflip and the OP description of his role (can purge effects on posts of his), my new assumption is that he was trying to attract corruption in order to spare someone else from getting any, since he could purge any he got. I'm going to file this under the mental folders "refuge in audacity", "bomb-play", and "jester-play".

quote by TDS, post 125[/rul]
Huh. An interesting theory.  Alternate theory: red prevents any other effects from being spread to or from that post.
Not saying either one is correct or incorrect, just hypothesizing. Yours seems more likely, though. Good job spotting that.
But... all of them? I don't think I quoted myself in the red post  :P
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 12, 2016, 02:40:57 pm »

Hm.  We've got no successful corrupti-kill (scum probably can't kill in just one night), one third party using firebrick colour ("3rd Party roles may introduce effects of other colors."), a step towards BHK's death, and a lot of tainting, mostly against me.  And a clear on a quoteless post.

We also have a bunch of guessing regarding the role of quotes.  BHK has already made it clear that there are powers that work through quotes, and I can confirm this: my power (non-automatic, and unused) works through quotes.  Scum seems to have a power (or powers) that works through quotes as well.  I am not sure this is cause enough to stop quoting: who do we weaken more if we stop quoting?

The problem with this is that Supernaturals have a similar looking setup where scum can have roles from the list. Or do you feel like this game is different enough that trying to guess the mod's setup is a bad idea?
Persus: The Meph standard (not seen in the last special post-editing game) is overlap, with scum having a mix of listed town roles, fully distinct roles, and/or hybrid roles.  The BHK wild guessing came off more as an assumption of something substantially different: the scum roles just being town roles.  It was an assumption that if I were scum, I would have one of the town roles.

Jack if it was announced that the player you gave each power to had that power and both powers had to be given out at once who would you give each power to and when?  Also you have to decide before day 2 is over or the corruption power is distributed randomly and not anounced and the purifying power is lost.
fillipk: Purifying: hand to likely town.  Again.
Corrupting: minutes before the lynch, hand it to the person about to die.  Get rid of that damned thing.
my question taught me whi Jack thinks is the towniest player, or if he's scum who is probably not his buddy
I'd already made the BHK read pretty clear earlier.  However, I am interested in how you got the second piece of information/what logic you used to reach that belief.

Flabort: I'm still troubled by your O. Wilde vote. Why exactly did you see O. Wilde as significantly more likely than normal to be a third party?  What was the underlying narrative of scumhood you had?  You started with a FoS based on vague distrust of the countdown.  What drove you to actually vote for O. Wilde, though, was fillipk's guess that post restriction probably means third party.  Then the 'post restriction' disappeared, and your belief (based, again, on an assumption of what post restrictions mean) stayed for some reason.  Why?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 12, 2016, 07:27:35 pm »

Jack
And how do we know your power isn't scum? 

As for the logic I used, if you are scum and I'm asking you to give out a super townie power, the person who you aren't going to give it to is your scum buddy as it puts a lot of suspicion on them if you get lynched or revealed.  Through that logic you would give it to the townyist player because of the suspicion it puts on them if you are lynched.

@Flabort darn Jack brought up on some good points and I wish I noticed them before the day was over. So from what I can gather from you posting about 2 hours before day 1 ended, you think both Jack and OSG are townier then O.Wilde, I would like you to tell us why each one was townier then O.Wilde without bringing up the post restriction that I just guessed O. Wilde had.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 12, 2016, 08:26:13 pm »

And how do we know your power isn't scum? 
fillipk: You don't, and I cannot prove it to you.  What you do know is that I openly revealed the quote-based nature of my power, that I am not the only player to be open(ish) about quote-based powers, and that I was one of the most heavily tainted players last night.
As for the logic I used, if you are scum and I'm asking you to give out a super townie power, the person who you aren't going to give it to is your scum buddy as it puts a lot of suspicion on them if you get lynched or revealed.  Through that logic you would give it to the townyist player because of the suspicion it puts on them if you are lynched.
Do you really think scum would care about the post-lynch appearance of an answer to an RVS hypothetical question that much?  Do you really think scum would think town would care that much?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 12, 2016, 08:44:03 pm »

Why do you still use quotes if you know that scum can probably kill through them?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 12, 2016, 08:49:34 pm »

Why do you still use quotes if you know that scum can probably kill through them?
OSG: Because I am quite doubtful that we're hurting the scum more than ourselves through not quoting, there's already more than enough D1 quotes for them to go wild, and I know how my power works.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29