Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29

Author Topic: Corruption Mafia - Game over! Outsider TheDarkStar wins!  (Read 48706 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Day 1 - Ripples in the Mindscape
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2016, 06:13:19 pm »

Unvote

No need to keep this useless RVS vote.

Jack let's say you could give someone the ability to corrupt 3 posts per phase (day and night) and you could give someone else the ability to purify posts again 3 per phase.  If you couldn't give them to yourself who would you give each ability to and why.

This is oddly specific.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2016, 06:22:45 pm »

This suggests that BHK might be a third party if he is obviously not mafia but is still acting oddly.
BHK: Are you a third party?
I'm not, but I'm going to lampshade that the town has no reason not to kill a third party if they find one, especially in RVS.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2016, 02:37:18 am »

fillipk: Huh.  Missed the flavour bit too.
Jack let's say you could give someone the ability to corrupt 3 posts per phase (day and night) and you could give someone else the ability to purify posts again 3 per phase.  If you couldn't give them to yourself who would you give each ability to and why.
I'd hand the purifier out quickly to someone town-looking.  If now, probably BHK.  Less start-of-day deaths, particularly with the flavour hint that scum may be immune to corruption, are what we want.
The corrupter would never be handed out.  That's a ridiculous power, especially for a nine-player game.  Kill per phase.  Per phase?  Per phase.  Add the flavour hint that the scum may be immune to corruption and this power should absolutely never be handed out.

So you don't think RVS questions can yield useful analysis very often, is that right? I don't exactly agree with that, although I don't know what Paucity means. I do agree that the answers I've gotten so far (for any question, period) won't be very useful in finding fake-claims, but in theory the questions should have gotten some helpful answers.
flabort: There being a paucity of something: there's very little/too little of it.
What exactly would have been a helpful answer and why would asking someone to guess roles based on their public descriptions generate that?
I don't see it as unlikely.
Is this significantly more likely than the baseline likelihood?

He was counting down from 12, with one number per post.
OSG: I know this.  You didn't answer my questions in full.  Again, was the twelve-post idea your top theory as to O. Wilde's behaviour?  Also, what led you to think that Meph would ever put such a restrictive post restriction in any game, let alone a non-bastard?
This is oddly specific.
I'd love to see you explicitly say what you are insinuating here.

Extend.  Day ends when I'm away tomorrow, we've got almost nothing, and we're waiting on too much content.  Let's take this over the weekend.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2016, 06:46:16 am »

Extend since I'll also be busy until the day is over and there are no real votes.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2016, 07:02:06 am »

He was counting down from 12, with one number per post.
OSG: I know this.  You didn't answer my questions in full.  Again, was the twelve-post idea your top theory as to O. Wilde's behaviour?  Also, what led you to think that Meph would ever put such a restrictive post restriction in any game, let alone a non-bastard?
This is oddly specific.
I'd love to see you explicitly say what you are insinuating here.
It seemed like it explain the counting down from 12. I didn't think Mepe would put that in, but I've been surprised before.

And yes, that quote is very specific, but I don't think I should do anything since it was done during RVS.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2016, 01:23:07 pm »

Why mention it if you weren't planning to do anything else about it?

Extend
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2016, 01:57:42 pm »

Extend. Apologies for this post being later than promised.

Deus Asmoth:
Persus: do you consider my assessment of the Canadian Arctic accurate or inaccurate?
It's not in my field of study, nor am I involved in Canadian politics, so I think I'll pass on this one.

flabort:
Persus When you ask your RQS questions, I want an answer from you for each of those questions.
Can you clarify this question? I already asked what few RVS questions I was going to ask.

Maybe you're corrupted, Jack. How do I know you aren't a mafia Disciple of the Open Mind, or a Disciple of the Flowing River, building up quotes to ignite everyone with your friends like some cobbled together patchwork arsonist?

Maybe you're a town Disciple of Iron Will, or a Disciple of the Polished Stone, building up quotes to bait the corrupters?
Those are possible town roles... what are you saying? This accusation makes no sense,
Town in Meph games can mean the collective group playing the game, not necessarily a particular alignment. The OP specifically refers to the alignment as Town-Aligned. The OP list of town roles is similar to Meph's Supernatural setups where its possible for both scum and town alignments to be roles listed in the OP. I'm assuming this game will be similar where its possible that the scum have at least one unique role among them, while the rest are scum versions of town roles.

fillipk:

fillipk: Pressure to see his reaction.
I feel so pressured, in fact I feel so pressured by your lack of a vote that I will confess my true identity as the Evillord of Evil and now I must destroy you all mwah  hah ha ha ha.  /sarcasm
(Seriously though, its not pressure if you aren't voting me)
That was a response to Jack A T's post giving you a FOS. Had Jack voted you, would you have felt pressure? Are there times when you can pressure someone without voting them?

O. Wilde:
O Wilde I want an analysis of all the votes and Fingers of Suspicion in the game so far. Tell me which ones you think are town motivated, and which ones could be distancing, bussing, or buddying.
I'm sure you do want that. So do I.
I think you were planning on answering my question, but instead quoted a flabort post. Could you please answer this now?
O. Wilde: Are you new here or are you someone who changed their username?

Jack A T:
Plus, you've treated the list of town roles as if it was the list of all roles (scum included), even though the OP doesn't say that and contains evidence of separate non-town roles.
The problem with this is that Supernaturals have a similar looking setup where scum can have roles from the list. Or do you feel like this game is different enough that trying to guess the mod's setup is a bad idea?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2016, 02:26:40 pm »

The Vote Tally
Jack A T: fillipk
O.Wilde: BlackHeartKabal, flabort

Day has been Extended to ~4pm Pacific Monday. There are no more extensions remaining for this day.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2016, 02:34:15 pm »

Just to see if he commented on it. Maybe I should have been a bit more forcefull

Fillipk

please comment on that.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2016, 03:29:36 pm »

Hmm...

OSG[/color], if you felt that it wasn't worth pursuing since it was part of the RVS, why have you changed your mind now? And what was so suspect about that question in particular in the first place?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2016, 03:47:45 pm »

mainly because we still haven't gotten anything done, and while I don't like RVS, we still need some more conversation points, especially since O wiley's counting has come to a dead end.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2016, 06:32:43 pm »

BHK I'm sorry for my snarkiness in my first post since you were just answering a question, which I failed to notice for some reason.

@OSG I think you picked a weird point to try and discuss, but since you are pressuring, my question taught me whi Jack thinks is the towniest player, or if he's scum who is probably not his buddy, but I wrote the question badly so I couldn't get anymore out of it.
Jack if it was announced that the player you gave each power to had that power and both powers had to be given out at once who would you give each power to and when?  Also you have to decide before day 2 is over or the corruption power is distributed randomly and not anounced and the purifying power is lost.

@Persus There are two ways to put pressure on someone without a vote, ask them a tricky question or FOS them, which aren't mutually exclusive.  Also I don't think you could pressure me even with a vote during the RVS phase, doesn't mean you shouldn't try though, you might hit a nerve or something
*edit actually that's a lie, I become a bit zealotous if you vote me for some illogical reason and refuse to listen what I say, pots and kettles though.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2016, 06:39:34 pm »

So what information did you gain from his response? Do you think it will be likely that that information will impact a decision you make later in the game?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2016, 07:07:28 pm »

I'm not sure. Scum can probably die from their own corruption, but I'll post more theories when I get to the PC.

That mention of extra post statuses scares me. Considering how the game works and if corruption works the way I think, that's a pretty sexy setup for some sort of status based SK/Arsonist equivalent.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2016, 07:08:05 pm »

That... was directed to fillipk.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29