Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29

Author Topic: Corruption Mafia - Game over! Outsider TheDarkStar wins!  (Read 48659 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Day 5 ebbs and flows
« Reply #390 on: June 03, 2016, 05:36:28 pm »

1.what I claimed my role to be was confirmed since nobody except Deus has claimed to be able to purify posts.
Your power is proven.  It's a power of use to both sides.

2. Persus claimed Flabort corrupted his post, which was one of many you quoted in post #77.  Post #77 was not corrupted and therefore Flabort poured post #77 as pouring a post removes it of its aspect and he was a Gnawer of Roots.
Again, this is without a shadow of a doubt wrong.  A pour of post 77 would have hit posts 47, 43, and 66, all of which have never been altered.

3. Scum don't have an auto night kill and the one night where all scum were alive they didn't drown us in corruption.  Plus the third party is actively counteracting the scum's nightkill.  The odds are that there are more then two scum
The balance of this game is a mess no matter what.  Experimental gimmick setup, first of its kind.  Meph is excellent at what he does, but I do not think he foresaw much of what happened.  We had a self-confirming self-protecting townie by D2, an absolutely ridiculous role in just about any setup and one I'm certain Meph did not intend.  The big gimmick's major result was to generate a pile of confirmed not-corrupters.  The distributed nightkill is incredibly hard to balance in any situation, as it's a death spiral mechanic like no other.

Even if there is only one Mafia left it's probably Jack as he let BHK claim his role flavor for him and what his role does, and all he said was that he has the same role.
I have been confirmed to have been pouring at the same time as the corrupter was acting.

all he said was that he has the same role.
This is incorrect.  I gave details not given by BHK that BHK props up.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 03, 2016, 08:10:32 pm »

fillipk,Given that your case rests on the mod deliberately misleading us on the number of scum in play, I don't think it's very likely to be correct.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 03, 2016, 10:50:37 pm »

fillipk,Given that your case rests on the mod deliberately misleading us on the number of scum in play, I don't think it's very likely to be correct.
You realize Meph never mentioned how many Mafia are in the game.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Signups CLOSED (9/13)
« Reply #393 on: June 04, 2016, 05:55:33 am »

Ripples of concern bounce throughout the Mindscape. Strange eddies of disruption underlying your conversations. Corrupting ideas that seem to dim the Mindscape, darkening your minds and even shutting off some from the Mindscape altogether.

And elder among you, voice old and weak even in the Mindscape, provides some insight. Corrupting thoughts can taint the Mindscape, but those who are immune can gain great power. So some of you...two, he thinks...have mastered this ability. You will need to find them and, with group willpower, shut them out of the mindscape. If their corrupting ideas spread too far then all of you will find yourselves shut out of the mindscape yourselves. 

Day one has started! It will go until ~4pm Pacific Thursday.

Are you sure about that?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 04, 2016, 10:05:35 am »

I have nothing to say to that, except that I think I went after the wrong person.  Well if that's true I'm glad no one listened to me because I think Deus is the last Mafia then.  Purifies his own posts by stealing from other posts.

Unvote

Deus Asmoth
I don't care if you listen to me or not right now, but be wary of TDS I think. Since there are only two Mafia I think he is way more dangerous then he claims to be.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 04, 2016, 11:52:19 pm »

fillipk: At this point, it's pretty much certain that you're the last member of the scumteam. If you flip town, yes, we will be very confused. However, everyone else is basically proven town.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 06, 2016, 11:37:45 am »

The Vote Tally
Deus Asmoth: fillipk
fillipk: Deus Asmoth, Jack A T, TheDarkStar

Day will end ~4pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 06, 2016, 03:57:55 pm »

shorten

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 06, 2016, 04:04:53 pm »

Shorten.

If the game somehow continues, I'm pouring 36.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 06, 2016, 04:37:21 pm »

Something of note is that nothing seems to have been corrupted last night. I'd guess that this was because fillipk knew that both flowing rivers were basically guaranteed to be visibly acting and therefore couldn't clear them by tainting something if he wanted to try make them seem guilty. It's worth keeping an eye on if he does somehow flip town though.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 06, 2016, 05:22:36 pm »

I don't know what to pour in case the game continues, but odds are that it won't. Good game.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 06, 2016, 07:15:46 pm »

I don't know what to pour in case the game continues, but odds are that it won't. Good game.

Same.

Shorten.

Something of note is that nothing seems to have been corrupted last night. I'd guess that this was because fillipk knew that both flowing rivers were basically guaranteed to be visibly acting and therefore couldn't clear them by tainting something if he wanted to try make them seem guilty. It's worth keeping an eye on if he does somehow flip town though.

[urlhttp://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=157780.msg6975711#msg6975711]Not that it matters much, but what about this one?[/url]

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 06, 2016, 11:05:27 pm »

[pTw]

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 07, 2016, 12:19:50 am »

The Vote Tally
Deus Asmoth: fillipk
fillipk: Deus Asmoth, Jack A T, TheDarkStar

fillipk protests his innocence until you complete the banishment.

And still, the Mindscape does not feel safe. The elder speaks to you again, muted and weak. "The echos of corruption linger. I am afraid we are not safe yet. A Disciple of the Open Mind has been lost. And while he was vulnerable to corruption, he was also a force for great purity. You must keep searching."

Night has fallen. Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29