Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Werebeast Question  (Read 347 times)

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Werebeast Question
« on: April 24, 2016, 09:08:52 am »

I have a dwarf that has been turned during a werebeast attack.  I knew they would destroy furniture...but some reason I thought forbidden doors might be OK to lock them in.  However I just had one destroy a door in his "living area".  Strangely, all his destruction is done AFTER he reverts back to dwarf form and not while in were-form. 

Is a bridge or artifact door the only "safe" way to lock him in?  I want some access into his area for bringing more bolts or to replace furniture when I have him segregated to an area.
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Werebeast Question
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 09:20:23 am »

Hole in the roof+ dump zone?
One wheel short of a wagon

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Werebeast Question
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 11:48:39 am »

Raising drawbridges are safe. In theory a door should be safe as well, provide there was no way to stand two perpendicular tiles away from it (such as a single tile room with a door). Building destroyers routinely get too close to doors and get stuck (I've had titans that have managed that trick, despite moving through a single tile tunnel. I've locked the door while it moved (a fair bit away from the door) in order to ensure it stopped to destroy the door rather than move through it to buy time to lock it in with the drawbridges), presumably trying to destroy a door, but incapable of moving to the correct distance.
I wouldn't trust this feature/bug, though, but would rather use a drawbridge.

I believe weres target the door for destruction and maintains this order even after turning back (I've seen that happen as well). There are also reports of weres of the same kind attacking each other, and the speculation is that one was slightly faster to turn than the other, and so managed to get in a kill order before the other turned.