Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 52

Author Topic: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)  (Read 138856 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

What labyrinth?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews

Now's that the titan is preoccupied with smashing things, this is a good opportunity to expand. You can probably save the masonry workshops, at the very least. You might be able to lure the titan through Gwolfski's huge labyrinth.
Yeah, I should probably do something besides sit there and watch the Ruthless Rutherer kick zombies off ledges. Tomorrow shit will get done.

Any chance of filling the husk with bolts and inflicting some sort of damage?
Haha, nooooo. That fucker is immortal.

It seems that if we can get a sort of good vantage point against it, he'd be a great source of live training even if he doesn't die much.
Maybe. I'm thinking either cave-in trap or a drawbridge trap. Cave-in might be easier - I have some logs, and building destroyers will destroy wooden supports. But I'll try a drawbridge trap first. Hmmm... A long winding corridor with a drawbridge in the front... I can use the gorlak as bait...
[/quote]

Titans can't be crushed (or more specifically, anything above a specific size can't be crushed), drawbridge trap won't work. Bolts *can* kill husks, Toady did fix that awhile ago, it just takes a LOT, and they have to get lucky and get a direct strike on head.

Thinking cave-in trap though is the way to go on this, but I've noticed quite a few pathing hiccups with things that should be attracted to artifacts and living creatures.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile

By 'drawbridge trap' I mean 'a trap that has bait inside and seals with a drawbridge'.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

deconstruct my statue as bait!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

All my work. I got migrants in. I started surface reclamation. It's all gone!

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile

All my work. I got migrants in. I started surface reclamation. It's all gone!

No screenshots, no updates, no proof - no loss.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

Save is proof. Extra dwarves present in game is proof(although thats gone). Tower on surface is very good proof!

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh, so my turn is almost up. I'm going to deliberately refrain from actually reading the AAR thus far so I can come into this as clueless about the current situation as possible. All the better for !!FUN!!

Also holy crap the forums are fast now, I gather the server was upgraded?

Edit: Wait no, that happened back in December.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 01:17:15 pm by Archereon »
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tower has no roof, so we will likely get a flying Salo.

Yeah, there was a forum upgrade not so long ago.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cool. From the looks of things, we didn't really get any visitors, which honestly isn't that surprisingly. I'll grab a dorf whenever my turn comes around, unless you guys would be cool with me bringing in a random peasant adventurer from the nearest town for the lulz. Presuming of course that the situation in the fortress allows it to go unattended for a week without collapsing.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
It was inevitable.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dunno, can the fortress retire "safely" husk titan running loose?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

There is a roof.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We did have one long-term resident, a human spearman. He was face-down in the dirt at the start of Imic's turn though; it was a rather short military career.

I'll test if retiring a fortress in such a state without screwing everything up is possible, but I sincerely doubt it. Maybe if the titan is sealed away it won't be able to cause any problems.
Edit: Oh yeah, first we're going to have to do something about that undead siege...

Hmmm... A long winding corridor with a drawbridge in the front... I can use the gorlak as bait...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Realistically though, constructions would keep it busy a hell of a lot longer than live bait. If there's anything I know about titans, it's that they can't resist a fine door.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 02:24:11 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile

Realistically though, constructions would keep it busy a hell of a lot longer than live bait. If there's anything I know about titans, it's that they can't resist a fine door.
Alright then, I'll get a chest and put it in the trap. It's made, by the way. I'm just about to open it to the outside and seal the rear.

The Ruthless Rutherer has been locked in someone's temple for her own good. I don't want her interfering with Salo.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We did have one long-term resident, a human spearman. He was face-down in the dirt at the start of Imic's turn though; it was a rather short military career.

I'll test if retiring a fortress in such a state without screwing everything up is possible, but I sincerely doubt it. Maybe if the titan is sealed away it won't be able to cause any problems.
Edit: Oh yeah, first we're going to have to do something about that undead siege...

Hmmm... A long winding corridor with a drawbridge in the front... I can use the gorlak as bait...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There's also the question of whether or not the bugs associated with retiring/unretiring are resolved. IIRC 0.43 fixed most/all of them, but I haven't checked that personally.
It was inevitable.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 52