Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help with worldgen params  (Read 911 times)

Elanorea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help with worldgen params
« on: April 18, 2016, 05:35:50 pm »

I'd like to generate a world which fulfills the following conditions:
1. Dead/dying dwarven civ
2. At least some evil areas
3. Few (preferably no) aquifers

What settings should I use to make that more likely?

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
Re: Help with worldgen params
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 08:28:30 pm »

If you post to this thread

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=154368.0

I'm pretty sure you'll get the help you are after.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Help with worldgen params
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 08:41:06 pm »

1. Dwarves tend to die out pretty readily in the current game, so just gen a world, check it with legends viewer or some similar program, and see if there is a dying civ, and regen if there, for some odd reason, isn't.

2. Worldgen already guarantees some evil areas.  You might want to go into advanced parameters, and change the weighting so that the "evil" has a distribution more like "1:1:1:1:3" or something if you want.  Also, under target sizes, lower the desired number of very large evil areas (which invariably means "make an ocean evil") and crank up the small evil areas. (This other setting is much lower on the parameters than the rest.)

3. Use one of the mods that eliminates aquifers, or do it yourself by just taking aquifer tokens out of the raws relating to soil.

(I'd recommend learning to love the aquifer, though.  Free, unlimited water that cannot possibly have a path from the outside for titans to crawl through is a wonderful resource.)
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare