Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28

Author Topic: Maiden Voyage of the HMS Gareth, RTD,  (Read 26146 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Maiden Voyage of the HMS Gareth, RTD,
« Reply #375 on: May 26, 2016, 01:17:26 pm »

"Nothankyoumaammothersaidthat'sbadformyteethmaamnothankyousir"

Flee. Find the cat, and hide behind it.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 26, 2016, 01:19:09 pm »

"Don't try to get away you'll hurt yourself from the fall!"
KEEP HIM IN MY ARMS!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 26, 2016, 01:20:22 pm »

Devan assists the mysteriously resurrected child in his escape.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 26, 2016, 03:04:27 pm »

Great Leech Bay

"Nothankyoumaammothersaidthat'sbadformyteethmaamnothankyousir"

Flee. Find the cat, and hide behind it.
Bluff: 5-1

You mumble, "I'm a hairball, I'm a hairball" in a small voice while curled up next to the cat. This strategy confounds your pursuer.

Cradle  the small child  try to feed him some chocolate gently.
He's vanished. How extraordinary.

That Bloody Cat had just finished its first meal, and promptly grabbed the tuna and stored it for later consumption... underneath the cabin boy's bed.
You store the interesting looking fish in the most logical spot. It appears to be alive and trying to kill you.  Good food should be nutritional and entertaining.

Devan assists the mysteriously resurrected child in his escape.
No need. As far as you can tell, he's jumped overboard or else disappeared completely.

"She's a little heavy. When not in combat, which you should be in constantly, hold her by the side. It alleviates a bit of the discomfort."

Devan takes the notebook. He returns to his quarters and parses over any scientific chapters, storing the information for later use. He takes several sheets of paper and sticks them in interesting pages, writing on them the reason for book-marking them.
You do all this. Still pretty much random bits of science though: the journal is way too large to do something like this quickly. Also, you suspect that the ink moves around a little when you're not looking.

Determine whether the device is compatible with the air compression mechanism in the cannon, and whether the reduction of used space due to removal of redundant parts is significant enough to accommodate reloading in the field
It is very much compatible, and would probably increase the power of the cannon. It'll still be a nightmare to reload in the field though: imagine a steam engine folded into a six-chambered revolver. You could try to reduce the number of parts, but won't get much further than making the device reloadable by someone who isn't an engineer.

"Ah, Jackson, that is the sound of the sea. Sailors bickering nonstop is as normal and relentless as the sound of waves slapping against the side of the ship. Pay careful attention, and you might pick up some useful and colorful language. it will aid you tremendously in your career, Whether we become pirates ourselves or not, lad."

Are the cruisers flying the flag of this bay? is their anything at teh point around which tey are circling? Is there other commercial traffic?

If there is other commercial traffic, and the cruisers don't look like a blockade (usually those are stationary), get in queue and head to the docks.
If challenged by the cruise ships and they fly the proper flag, offer our credentials and business.
if hostile, turn and run.

Wonder idly why that Bloody Cat never came to eat the weird fish I dragged back fro the pirate vessel.

"Alright, let's see if we can make a profit today!"
There are a few small boats milling about as well, generally orbiting the larger cruise ships, which themselves are circling about a wide and empty area of the water. This bay has no port, but one vessel flies the Belgrafian flag, one the flag of a nation-state subordinate to Belgrafia, and one of a barbaric but friendly Northern land. All three vessels have perfect right to be here, though it is an odd place to see mass transport and pleasure vessels. There are only the three vessels, all of which fly flags indicating that they are open to trade or contact, but are in no way challenging you. The Gareth is currently headed across the large open space the vessels are circling, though hasn't passed onto it yet.

One wheel short of a wagon

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 26, 2016, 03:08:53 pm »

Rush back on deck.

"Sir! Watch out! It may be a whirlpool them thar ships are circling - or whirling - around!"

Flee back to behind the cat as soon as I spot the forcefeeder. Unless of course my captain requires me to enter into profit-making enterprises with aforementioned ships. In which case do that as hard as I can.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 26, 2016, 06:37:13 pm »

"Hey, now, Quartermaster Candy .... Let's not harass the under aged crew members. we're a family here - a sick, diseased, dysfunctional family. But never mind that. I need him operational. I draw the line at that kind of behavior."

I'm a tad confused - we are not at our destiantion? Regardless, let's run up our trading flag and hail the ships. For profit and glory!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 26, 2016, 06:43:20 pm »

"Uh I wasent  going to force him.."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 26, 2016, 06:54:00 pm »

Arc, in the middle of taking a long swig of an unidentified drink, suddenly spews a mouthful out and starts coughing violently. for a moment, befoer regaining most of his composure, and atttempting to clear the remnants of the mysterious liquid from his lungs.

"What? oh no ... -cough- just inhaled wro -COUGH- wrong is all. -cough cough-. Yes, that's good, Candygal. See that you don't -coughgigglecough- Gah! This isn't strong enough. I wonder if we have any good alcohol on board ... "

and wit hthat, Captain Desmond returns his attention to the ships ahead.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 26, 2016, 07:02:53 pm »

Look for any oddity's upon the approaching ship that I can see .

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 26, 2016, 07:17:14 pm »

Devan looks up at the captain whilst swigging from a copper flask. He breaks his mouth from the bottle with a refreshed noise.

"Want some, captain? It's got a surprising kick."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 26, 2016, 07:35:48 pm »

...sigh...
Strip unnecessary parts from the cannon after introduction of the device, allowing easier off-field reload.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 26, 2016, 09:28:51 pm »

Having stashed its "loot", That Bloody Cat takes a look around. What's happening? What needs to die?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 27, 2016, 03:39:30 am »

Devan looks up at the captain whilst swigging from a copper flask. He breaks his mouth from the bottle with a refreshed noise.

"Want some, captain? It's got a surprising kick."
"Ya. Pass 'er over." And teh Captain takes a deep long swig off the bottle, then hands it back to Devan.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 30, 2016, 01:42:02 pm »

Great Leech Bay

Having stashed its "loot", That Bloody Cat takes a look around. What's happening? What needs to die?
Nothing, at the moment. Captain Desmond is holding a discussion with some oddly-dressed but unthreatening people from another ship.

...sigh...
Strip unnecessary parts from the cannon after introduction of the device, allowing easier off-field reload.
Techiness: 1

You only succeed in disassembling the cannon, and removing one or two completely unnecessary bits of metal that might have taken somebody's finger off if they tried to mess with it.

Come to think of it, Devan may have left them there on purpose.

"Hey, now, Quartermaster Candy .... Let's not harass the under aged crew members. we're a family here - a sick, diseased, dysfunctional family. But never mind that. I need him operational. I draw the line at that kind of behavior."

I'm a tad confused - we are not at our destiantion? Regardless, let's run up our trading flag and hail the ships. For profit and glory!
You're not at the destination yet, just a large bay. After this, there'll be a stretch along the coast, a short upriver journey inland, and you'll be there by nightfall.

You run up the relevant flags, and one of the three ships approaches: the vessel from the barbaric nation. The people onboard, though mostly occupied by the large, vacant space the ships are circling, come over and start calling out and waving. They are dressed festively for the most part, reasonably affluently, though there are a few more practically dressed ones among them, presumably sailors. Silk togas, elaborate dresses and bathing suits, light but fashionable gear. There is also the odd servant. When you come alongside them, the mob of holidaymakers that greets you begins offering money for drinks, canapes, Belgrafian souvenirs, a large variety of unmentionable transactions involving varying combinations of genders, and several other things, none of which you have brought in your hold. They evidently mistake you for a smaller subordinate ship here to peddle to or service them in some way.

Then they all start screaming when the mess of body parts and gore on your deck becomes apparent. Might still be some viable trading opportunities, though.

Look for any oddity's upon the approaching ship that I can see .
Weirding: 5

You get the creeping sensation that most of the people on it don't actually know why they're there. And that most of the ones that know this and think they really do are wrong. And that a lot of them are going to die rather soon.

Also, they're all screaming and pointing, but it's a barbarian culture, so that could be their main method of greeting.
One wheel short of a wagon

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 30, 2016, 01:53:19 pm »

Devan quickly comes onto the deck, picks up a bucket, and begins to wash the blood and gore off the deck. He looks really innocent the whole time, for the benefit of their trade partners.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28