Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28

Author Topic: Maiden Voyage of the HMS Gareth, RTD,  (Read 26248 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Maiden Voyage of the HMS Gareth, RTD,
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2016, 03:40:40 pm »

Devan is already gone. Octavius can only hope that he has heard his message.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2016, 03:42:49 pm »

"so he's self entitled.....he sounds like a bad crewmate..."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2016, 03:45:47 pm »

... I would prefer to roll when everyone posts, generally, but ok.

Buy half gold and half peacocks. Return to ship. Hope someone thinks to buy peacock feed.
Done. You sure hope so.

Something tells me you're a little more sensible than most people on board.

Candygal's eyes widen like saucers and she lets losse a vicious yell.
FUCK YOU!
PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE!
Devan's eyes widen. This was not the predicted outcome. Intriguing. He attempts to dodge, then backs up. He levels his cannon, takes aim, and says, icily:

"You'd be dead. The only reason you're not is because I do not want to terminate the contract I hold with the captain of the Gareth. If I were to murder a crewmember, even a murderous coven witch, I'd be expulsed from the group, and then arrested."
Devan rolls backwards and gets to one knee in one fluid motion. He aims the cannon threateningly before a nine foot tall candy-obsessed quartermaster blacks his eye.

Perhaps... everyone could try and vote on a destination?
One wheel short of a wagon

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2016, 03:48:21 pm »

"The first time she falls asleep she's totally dead. In the meantime..."

Devan searches the ports for raw metals, gunpowder, and smithing tools. He also keeps an eye out for food-stuffs, as he probably won't be getting very much.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2016, 03:51:58 pm »

Search marketplace for books,and food and spices and locks and containers and finally look for a weapon and something that the kid might like get peacock feed.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 04:32:19 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2016, 04:00:09 pm »

Head about to buy assorted cogs, mechanisms, dials, tubes, metal piping and pieces, gun parts, tools, and replacement tools.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2016, 04:29:16 pm »

Totally agree with the captain's vote of destination, and then recall something useful I totally know about it. Worry about the lack of peacock food.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2016, 05:35:02 pm »

That Bloody Cat woke up. That Bloody Cat mewed slightly before going back to sleep. Captain would get mad if he murderized his crewmates, right?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2016, 07:05:16 pm »

While busy shopping for materials, Devan spots the first mate, Octavius. He walks over and greets him.

"Octavius! Short time no see, huh? I see the crazy wench is not around. Might I inquire what kind of things you are in the market for? I know a few neat little shops around here, from my wandering before boarding the ship."

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2016, 07:14:18 pm »

Tools, metal, mechanisms, materials, components for machinery, and a workbench. Items inventors and gunsmiths would need.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2016, 07:17:45 pm »

((GM, I work nights and sleep days. It has been ... fifteen hours since I posted last, and eight since you posted the options for cargo etc. Please update only once or twice a day on matters that affect the whole crew, like cargo purchase.))

Captain Arc mutters to the Cat: "I hope you don't end up having to kill one of them. I wonder how many of us will survive this maiden voyage. Ah well, it sure will be entertaining, either way." ((This was quiet and unless you have very fine hearing you shouldn't respond unless you are the cat))

Out loud (at a point after the boy makes the purchase and before he wanders off again):

"Gold and Peacocks? Well done, lad, though the peacocks make me a tad nervous. Dead Peacocks are a less valuable cargo after all, and with this rowdy bunch, who knows what may happen?" Arc laughs heartily, and strokes his chin. Or rather, he strokes the air below his chin, as if there were a long luxurious beard there.

"Our first stop is obvious, my fellows. The city across the bay. It is on the way to any other destination. Let us sail there, and decide again upon a further destination at that point."

What are our finances like at this point? Do the peacocks come with feed? if not and we have the money, buy some birdseed or whatever. ((I guess someone took care of this)) I use my Sphere of Sky and Sea to check for favorable weather conditions

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2016, 07:25:08 pm »

That Bloody Cat wakes up again, slightly annoyed. Then he saw the peacocks. They weren't crew, right?

That Bloody Cat jumps down from his perch and starts stalking the peacocks.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2016, 07:30:29 pm »

"Splendid, simply marvelous. I assume that I will have access to these parts, yes? I very much like the concept of designing a self-reloading weapon at some point."

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2016, 08:47:30 pm »

Of course. I look forward to working with you on our projects. Perhaps we could share ideas, and notes?

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2016, 08:59:19 pm »

Devan thinks a moment.

"I've never really kept notes. I want my creations to die with me. I mean, I've of course made some technical drawings. Heck, I even have some rough schematics on my person. However, I usually burn most of what I sketch. It's just... something I do.

I would be happy to share what I have left with you. In hindsight, the destruction of my works seems foolish.
"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28