Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28

Author Topic: Maiden Voyage of the HMS Gareth, RTD,  (Read 26122 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Maiden Voyage of the HMS Gareth, RTD,
« Reply #390 on: May 30, 2016, 01:53:19 pm »

Candygal slides up to the captin and Whisper's to them.
"I can tell these people have no idea why there here.... even the ones who think they do are wrong and  I get  a bad feeling there going to die soon a lot of em."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 30, 2016, 05:04:19 pm »

Captain Desmond looks at the holiday makers, then at his ship, then at the holiday makers, then at the Quartemaster, then at the ominous open area these people are circling, and then at the other two ships also circling the area, and then at the holiday makers again.

"Right then. Maybe we best be on our way."

Turn sharply away from the ominous open area and move on. Also help clean the deck of body parts and blood. No sense in joining the oncoming sacrifice as the opening victim. We'll report our suspicions at the next port we dock at, and if we see anything brutal happen as we leave, we'll report that too.

Desmond steers away from the odd scene, a tight knot in his stomach and a bleak look on his face.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 31, 2016, 12:42:03 am »

" But cap'n, perhaps the blood and limbs will scare off any future pirates?"

Help clean up if captain wants the deck shipshape.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 31, 2016, 06:32:18 am »

"That's an interesting idea. If you can make up a good image of a bloodbath for when we are sailing, that we can put away when we are trying to look respectable, we'll go for it. But this stuff will start stinking, even worse than it does now, before long, and I've only had a little whiskey so far today!"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 31, 2016, 08:20:11 am »

Help with  dat cleaning up sing a merry tune of candy and the crew.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 31, 2016, 08:27:32 am »

That Bloody Cat did the feline equivalent of a shrug. Time for a catnap.

That Bloody Cat hopped onto somebody's bed and... napped.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 04, 2016, 06:28:47 pm »

Devan quickly comes onto the deck, picks up a bucket, and begins to wash the blood and gore off the deck. He looks really innocent the whole time, for the benefit of their trade partners.
You sluice the majority of the offending material overboard. It's impossible to wash bloodstains out of wood, though. You know this from experience.

" But cap'n, perhaps the blood and limbs will scare off any future pirates?"

Help clean up if captain wants the deck shipshape.
You assist. As one would expect from a twelve year old, you find the task more fascinating than is entirely healthy.

Devan is kind enough to identify by sight a few bits of human anatomy for you.

Help with  dat cleaning up sing a merry tune of candy and the crew.
You sing about chocolate, the sea, the sky, and nobody being murdered at all.

That Bloody Cat did the feline equivalent of a shrug. Time for a catnap.

That Bloody Cat hopped onto somebody's bed and... napped.
You bed down, pushing the coverings into a defensive pile for better shelter and concealment.

Captain Desmond looks at the holiday makers, then at his ship, then at the holiday makers, then at the Quartemaster, then at the ominous open area these people are circling, and then at the other two ships also circling the area, and then at the holiday makers again.

"Right then. Maybe we best be on our way."

Turn sharply away from the ominous open area and move on. Also help clean the deck of body parts and blood. No sense in joining the oncoming sacrifice as the opening victim. We'll report our suspicions at the next port we dock at, and if we see anything brutal happen as we leave, we'll report that too.

Desmond steers away from the odd scene, a tight knot in his stomach and a bleak look on his face.
  The Gareth continues on for another hour. The Perpetual Thundercloud of Odin looms before it, a huge bank of stormclouds that refuse to disperse or stray from one area of the Belgrafian sea, they represent a hazard to all and any sailors that try to past. The result of an unfair agreement about overtime pay, meteorologists have determined that the clouds are in fact picketing a certain entrance to the home of the Gods. Celestial bureaucracy tends to move at the speed of terrestrial plate tectonics, so the storm is an unavoidable nuisance. But only a mile through the raging torrents lies the river entrance that will begin the gentle upriver stroll to your destination.

In the centre of the storm, a huge spinning funnel of water has been created by the cyclonic movement of the winds, the sides of the whirlpool stretching down and down to god knows where, archaeological layers of wreckage spinning trapped in the lower echelons of the gaping hole in the sea. Navigating it would require seamanship from the crew.

Alternately, to the right of the whirlpool, lies an area of raging but more easily negotiable waters, though the spray thrown up by the waves and massive sheets of rain obscure from view any shapes other than the mass of land and the river mouth you are heading to. Already, the maddened cries of albatross hipsters are carried to you by the wind, as they circle relentlessly, unable to find a way out of the storm due to their horrifically large sunglasses and tortourously tight trousers inhibiting their sense of direction and flying ability. Birds weren't even meant to wear such things in the first place, let alone garments that push the limits of human endurance. Navigating this area would entail ambushes.

Finally, to the left of the whirlpool, lurks the skeletal outline of a dark ship. The abode of the Ancient Marionettes, a crazed ship of cursed puppets sustained by the foam and the rain, little is known about this ominous vessel. Sailing this way would most likely result in surprises.
One wheel short of a wagon

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 04, 2016, 06:49:10 pm »

"See kid, that right there is part of a cranial structure. The brain. Looks a bit chewed. That over there is a leg. Ooh! I think that's a torso! Maybe just a really fat arm, though.

I suggest we go to... the right. The center is automatic death for us all, and the left is too... unknown, for my tastes. To the right, we all stand a fighting chance based on actual calculable skill. Also, we'll get to laugh as the quartermaster's candy-based armor proves ineffective.

A massive bonus to entering this rain in the firstplace is the probable melting of her armor.

Heh.

I really hate that fucking armor.
"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 04, 2016, 07:01:34 pm »

"I hate you so much right  now but I agree I think  we'll  stand a better chance in the calmer waters and if all else fails we have the cat to save us and I can prove my armor dosent suck I'm gonna try for a candy saber now."
CANDY SABER MAKING AHOY!

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 04, 2016, 07:16:18 pm »

Octavius hefts Lil Josie and hands it to Devon, glancing at the cleaned mess as he holds a device between his neck and his shoulder, before offering the device to Devon.
Lovely anti tampering measures. I would be more inclined to admire the design if you had warned me beforehand. As to the weapon, the reloading mechanism can only be streamlined do far as to make reload not require knowledge of engineering or the weapon itself. This device here can be placed into the air compressor to amplify the pneumatic force behind each shot. Introduction of the device should allow you to remove unnecessary parts of the weapon, what with the device being able to do more with less space.

Any discoveries on your end, Weapons Officer?

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 04, 2016, 07:31:26 pm »

"I marked several areas of interest. The book is far too massive to do this undertaking in a few years, let alone days. I've done the best I can. The book feels strange; the ink seems to change whenever my eyes drift on. I suspect witchcraft."

Devan tosses the notebook back to Octavius. He hoists Lil Josie again.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 04, 2016, 07:33:51 pm »

"Mind letting me check that book out? I might be able to figure out what it's   deal is."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 04, 2016, 11:00:57 pm »

"My inclination is to the left - I like surprises. Better than aerial hipsters and other pseudoelite countercultural icons made flying flesh. Nevertheless, the crew has spoken, and I will allow it. Make ready!"

To the right, as this is the will of the crew!

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 04, 2016, 11:07:45 pm »

Octavius turns to the quartermaster, and hands her the book.
Practical knowledge failed, so let's work with creatively, abstractness in the like. However, there's an obvious caveat. Do not lose this book. I can't fathom a way to stress this sufficiently. Do not lose this book. Do not damage this book. How long do you estimate it'll take for you to be done examining it?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 04, 2016, 11:15:11 pm »

Octavius turns to the quartermaster, and hands her the book.
Practical knowledge failed, so let's work with creatively, abstractness in the like. However, there's an obvious caveat. Do not lose this book. I can't fathom a way to stress this sufficiently. Do not lose this book. Do not damage this book. How long do you estimate it'll take for you to be done examining it?
Candy gal takes the book gently with a nod
"I understand and no idea but I'll try to be quick I wish I kinda understood how weirdness works though."
Begin examining the book thoroughly  first then if that gets me nothing let my mind wander and allow thoughts  to form  try and think non logically.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28