Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Flame and Famine (A Chronicles of Darkness Roleplay set in the Irish Famine)  (Read 32446 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

Alright then, just checking.

Also, sheet updated with the adjustments for SC merit stuffs. Irish swapped out for English as 'native', for the purpose of these...

It's kinda odd mechanically, since there is no clause for what the Irish-only speakers would get, since Language merit is considered to be on top of having full native-speaking fluency.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

Well, Irish is getting rarer during this timeframe, but I see your point. Hrm...

How about, with one dot in SC, you're able to discipher Seomra Cognarai communications by rolling Intelligence + Occult + Dots in Language (Irish). They use some kind of cipher where Irish words are used as euphemisms, judging by their ranks being birds.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 11:40:07 am by Fniff »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Yep, 2 Inspiration is free or charge. The sheet looks good. I'm wondering what your character's aesthetic would be, since he's a monk. Perhaps inspired by the manuscripts and artifacts medieval monks crafted?
Edit: Wait, how does a monk have two dots in Firearms?

I'm considering several different aesthetics, leaning toward something like the Dawn Machine for now.

As for firearms, I'm thinking it's more of a post-Breakthrough thing owed to Brother Walsh's tendency toward Katastrofi. Learned from experimentation, perhaps, rather than as part of a career path.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

By the by, the Changeling link in the OP is kinda fucked up.
Edit: To clarify, I'm talking about the TV Tropes one.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 12:52:46 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

By the by, the Changeling link in the OP is kinda fucked up.
Edit: To clarify, I'm talking about the TV Tropes one.
Jesus, that is kinda fucked up. Thank ye for pointing that one out.
Edit: Also, that makes sense, Baldman. Monks with glassblown rayguns here we go! :P
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 03:36:56 pm by Fniff »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

So, do we ALL use the nWoD template on that site or do we use the template for our particular splatbook if we're using one?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, do we ALL use the nWoD template on that site or do we use the template for our particular splatbook if we're using one?
The latter.

By the by, I just remembered, Myth Weavers also has a character sheet generator for CoD/nWoD.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, how is everyone doing with their sheets?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

I'm working on it.

At worst, it should be ready by tomorrow.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Exquisite! I've been working on our Roll20 table. It's turning out well but I'll keep it as a surprise. :3

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

I'm still trying to figure out whether to Genius.

Since HB's char is, it seems to me that vanilla humans pretty much don't stand a chance to not get Beholden'd/Catalyzed anyway, unless he doesn't Genius at all, in which case... well, kind of a waste.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm still trying to figure out whether to Genius.

Since HB's char is, it seems to me that vanilla humans pretty much don't stand a chance to not get Beholden'd/Catalyzed anyway, unless he doesn't Genius at all, in which case... well, kind of a waste.
Well, as an alternative, I was thinking that it would be tragically hilarious if Liam was turned into a vampire and forced to prey upon the the very people he's trying to help. What do you think?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 07:57:31 pm by Fniff »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Father Darach Granger.

Aspirations:
Establish/Take over the local parish.
Protect Catholics against creatures of the night.
Investigate Mary Moore's claims.
???

Breaking Points:
The worst thing Darach ever did was sign off on the death warrant of an innocent. He thought he had covered all the angles; he was convinced that a rather inconsequential merchant was a powerful spawn of Cain. He gave his fellow Hunters the address, and spent the rest of the night praying for the creature's soul, as he always did when the rest were on the hunt. When they returned with the heavy discovery that their target had been a ruse for the real vampire, he swore that he would never doom anyone or anything to die without staring it in the face first, and knowing their guilt for himself; it's a matter of pride.
The worst thing about that is that he can see himself doing it again. If the stakes were great enough, he would break his vow of non-violence, and take up the sword, killing indiscriminately.
He would do this because he's studied the creatures of the night. He know's that they're capable of horrible things, but corruption of the innocent tops his list.
Three years ago, he went on a hunt into the den of a creature that was abducting children from the streets, turning them into its twisted minions... the hunters had no choice; the once-children swarmed them. Somehow, he found a bloody knife in his hands; to this day, he doesn't know what he did that night, and the thought haunts him.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 03:15:38 am by My Name is Immaterial »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

So, how is everyone doing with their sheets?

Haven't written the story bits yet. But I'll get to it, have no fear.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15