Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A few of noob questions  (Read 544 times)

FatalIdiot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
A few of noob questions
« on: April 16, 2016, 01:30:03 pm »

Hi all, Im new to DF, started playing a few days back (for now only the Adventurer Mode) and I have a few questions:
1) Do the people in towns and villeges respawn? And are they spawned there all together, or develope their families (give birth to children, age, die) through out the history?
2) Been to a metal shop and the merchant had only coins. Does the stash refrash every once in a while, or is there a trading system among the merchants, where they have to take care of the good they are selling and resupply?
3) Do NPCs in towns eat? Non of them (killed ones) ever had any food on them.
4) Do NPCs in towns actually do anything, aside standing in their homes and talking?

Sorry if these questions are easy to find answers to, but I didnt manage to do it, and sorry for bad english, not a native speaker.
Thanks in advance.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: A few of noob questions
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 04:49:16 pm »

Don't worry, we love noobs! There is, however, a thread for these kinds of little questions.

1 - There is no respawn in DWARF FORTRESS, everyone you meet is a unique creature either created on worldgen or born into the world.

2 - I believe there is a trading system, not a refrash. Honestly, looting bandit camps has always been my preferred method of obtaining gear.

3 - I do not think that they eat in adventure mode, at least not that you can see? This may have changed with the recent tavern updates. At the least, civilizations require food in order to exist.

4 - They can also give quests, and bleed.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

FatalIdiot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 06:04:11 pm »

Don't worry, we love noobs! There is, however, a thread for these kinds of little questions.

I'm surprised, you dont see that very often) Athnks for the answer and for the link, will check that out.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 06:49:31 pm »

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0