Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Elven Lightweavers?  (Read 1213 times)

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
Elven Lightweavers?
« on: April 16, 2016, 08:59:57 am »

Apparently Elves can weave light?

"This is a grown motes of light vado.  It is made from motes of light cloth.  The bellows is made from pig tail.  The bag is made from motes of light.  The melody pipe is made from orange wood.  The drone pipe is made from candlenut.  The object is adorned with hanging rings of cashew wood."

The description then goes on to describe the musical instrument.

Basic Value: 24050

I don't use any mods.  I do use DT for 42.06.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Re: Elven Lightweavers?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 09:41:08 am »

Stuff like that falls under 'Divine Materials', a normally spoiler-ish feature only found in Adventure Mode.  Since the introduction of Instruments however, Caravans will regularly bring instruments made of Divine Cloth & Wood.  I've even seen a few book-bindings.

Trollhammaren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 10:35:20 am »

The merchants are always bringing scrolls written on demon skin parchment these days. This is in addition to the barrels of blood, snake venom, gremlin tears, and map-burning magma that they bring. Who the hell are we dealing with?

I was foolish enough to allow a history of some mountainhome or another written on Creature of Shadow parchment to stay in my fortress. It eventually caught fire, such as have occurred in many a hamster man magma pitting accident, although the cause of this particular fire was unknown - possibly a giant wren. It never goes out and produces an eternal plume of smoke in the back yard.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 11:12:07 am »

The merchants are always bringing scrolls written on demon skin parchment these days. This is in addition to the barrels of blood, snake venom, gremlin tears, and map-burning magma that they bring. Who the hell are we dealing with?

I was foolish enough to allow a history of some mountainhome or another written on Creature of Shadow parchment to stay in my fortress. It eventually caught fire, such as have occurred in many a hamster man magma pitting accident, although the cause of this particular fire was unknown - possibly a giant wren. It never goes out and produces an eternal plume of smoke in the back yard.

Couldn't you just dump some water on it to put it out?
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Trollhammaren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 11:56:30 am »

Couldn't you just dump some water on it to put it out?

Actually good point. I figured it's probably the same as everburning artifacts which will, if tossed into the ocean, vaporize the ocean instead of being put out. That particular fire also lit 3 artifacts on fire so I guess I thought "screw it".
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 11:58:37 am by Trollhammaren »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 12:27:24 pm »

I would build a shrine around it and seal it in a vault. Create a series of challenges for adventurers to reach the artifact that can evaporate the oceans.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0