Twice Weekly, skipping combatants who haven't posted
- 0 (0%)
Weekly, waiting on combatants
- 0 (0%)
Weekly, skipping combatants who haven't posted
- 1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: Perplexicon Apocalypse: TV's best Perplexicon show! Turn 9: Empty Waitlist  (Read 26481 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon Apocalypse: TV's best Perplexicon show! Turn 2: WWE Wizards
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2016, 06:56:14 pm »

Quick, question about the water room, is it completely underwater (as if we are suddenly entering an aquarium), or is there a pocket of air near the top? If there is, how high is the water? Waist high , or (to use the same analogy again) are we entering an aquarium?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2016, 07:54:07 pm »

Quick, question about the water room, is it completely underwater (as if we are suddenly entering an aquarium), or is there a pocket of air near the top? If there is, how high is the water? Waist high , or (to use the same analogy again) are we entering an aquarium?
Aquarium. The only air pockets are magically held in place around the stairs.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2016, 09:27:28 pm »

Robert was ready to throw a gold ingot to finish off the mage that was so weak from his injuries, but by the time he recovered from his little accident the mage was already dead. Perhaps he needed to improve his spellcasting a bit more before he could start collecting for Yboleth.

Robert picks up his ear and gold ingot, taking them inside the air pocket of the water room. He places the ingot about two meters away and focuses intently on it as he mumbles two PMed words.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2016, 10:26:01 pm »

Go with John Smith (FoU) and Owain (ATH).

Do 2-word phrase spell, and separate 2-word science.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2016, 11:13:18 pm »

Welp.

((Do I have to do anything to claim the waitlist spot?  I'll take the same stat layout.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2016, 12:05:28 am »

Daniel scans the room eyes wide and shrieks. He instantly retires into closest corner, ensuring no one can get behind his back.

"Don't believe anything they say! This is a conspiracy between government and aliens!" he screams.

Then he studies to book, trying to make sense in it.

He whispers four words one by one, checking that nobody is close enough to hear him.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2016, 12:24:53 am »

((Do I have to do anything to claim the waitlist spot?  I'll take the same stat layout.))
((Just tell me the layout. The same you say; same name and description too? (Perfectly fine in this game if they are)))
The Cyan Menace

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2016, 12:35:44 am »

((Just tell me the layout. The same you say; same name and description too? (Perfectly fine in this game if they are)))

((Aye.  I might mix it up if I had lasted more than two turns.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2016, 01:50:38 am »

Same Target, same three words. Also, make the phoenix waddle over to the injured guy and behave amorously.

"Attacking me? Really? So be it, Master Fred Jones..."
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 01:07:17 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2016, 01:04:25 pm »

More research - three separate words once again.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2016, 02:29:27 pm »

First blood! Put the Statpoint into Cardio.
Run after Robert and rugby-tackle him to the ground.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2016, 02:51:27 pm »

The good news is that I'm allowed to change my action. Reserved! Will edit it proper action later.

EDIT: And here it is.

As Robert was kneeling over to pick up his ear, he saw that the man was coming after him now. It was too late to leave peacefully, he would have to do something. Suddenly an idea came into his head...

Robert stared at the approaching and began to concentrate. He imagined a brand new wardrobe for this man, one that would be so heavy (or rigid) that he wouldn't be able to continue the chase. He spoke his two words and ran to the ocean-themed floor.

((Obviously the words that will be cast are different from the words that were Pmed before this sudden change in situation))

« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 03:09:43 pm by heydude6 »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 21, 2016, 02:59:14 pm »

(Damnit, I am loosing.)
Such is the fate of all mages.
Khazirad locates the most magic looking guy in vicinity (Dr. Daniel Wilde) and charges at him, with intent of crushing his trachea.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 21, 2016, 05:18:43 pm »

Making turn now.
The Cyan Menace

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 21, 2016, 06:26:54 pm »

Three words, same target.
Same Target, same three words. Also, make the phoenix waddle over to the injured guy and behave amorously.
(Fred Jones speed: 5+1)
(John Dee speed: 4+1)

(Fred Jones Potential: 2+1)
Pale white smoke appears, and forms two shapes again. This time they flash and turn into two gloves made of solid gold. The rips and tears in the metal look like it would be rather sharp and uncomfortable to wear.

(John Dee Potential: 5+2)
John Dee summons another voxel pheonix, which tries to go for Fred's other arm.
(Fred Dodge: 6)
He manages to avoid it again, but now he's inbetween two cubish-birds made of fire.
(John Dee Will: 2)
Two birds who don't want to listen to their creator, but who DO want to behave amorously like their creator tried to command. The new bird swoops around, ignoring Fred Jones, and circles it's wounded mate. It lands and starts chirping, which sounds more like a crackling, and the two birds start to dance. It's cute, but not helpful at all.

If Whisperling(David) and ATH(Owain) agree with this, Johnsmith will head up the nearest stairs. In either case(going upstairs or not), he will afterwards say a PM'd two word phrase.
Owain nods.
Follow johnsmith!
Go with John Smith (FoU) and Owain (ATH).

Do 2-word phrase spell, and separate 2-word science.

(Johnsmith speed: 2+1)
(Owain speed: 1)
(David Speed: 5-1)

The trio ascends as a group, finding themselves in the very hot desert room.

(David Potential: 2+2)
David's right arm is surounded by a blue smoke, and the smoke is absorbed into the arm, which then flashes. The arm is now made of blue metal, with grooves and mechanical joints that glow red and pulsing green lines tracing circutry around the surface.
(Tech-??? Arm: +1 strength with Arm, +1 Aim with arm, -1 dodge, transform option)
(David Potential: 5+2)
The familiar pale white smoke appears, and takes the shape of a hand, which tries to grab David's hand before it disipates.
(David Potential: 6+2)
David feels his heart-rate accelerate for a moment, before it fades.

(Johnsmith potential: 6)
(Johnsmith dodge: 2+1)
(Johnsmith Endurance: 6)
There is no smoke; there is just a flash and a rain of gold ingots. Johnsmith doesn't manage to get out of the way, and takes an ingot to the face, but he is unphased by the impact and takes it like a hero, unharmed against all odds.
The ingots themselves don't seem much different from regular gold ingots.

Daniel scans the room eyes wide and shrieks. He instantly retires into closest corner, ensuring no one can get behind his back.

He whispers four words one by one, checking that nobody is close enough to hear him.
Khazirad locates the most magic looking guy in vicinity (Dr. Daniel Wilde) and charges at him, with intent of crushing his trachea.
(Daniel Speed: 3)
(Khaziraad speed: 6+1)

(Khaziraad strength: 2+3)
(Daniel Dodge: 6-2)
(Daniel Strength: 3-1)
Daniel Wilde backs into the corner, only for Khaziraad to catch him and pin him to the wall. He avoids having his throat crushed, but he's being held up by his shirt and his air is being constricted. He coughs out his words.
(Daniel Potential: 4+2)
A cloud appears between the two combatants, and flashes, turning into a splash of water that gets Khaziraad all wet.
(Daniel Potential: 2+3)
Another pale white cloud appears, turns into a block, and flashes, dropping an iron ingot onto the ground nearby.
(Daniel Potential: 5+2)
(Khaziraad dodge: 6+2)
A spurt of fire appears between Khaziraad and Daniel, and moves towards Khaziraad. He lets go of Daniel, who drops to the ground.
(Daniel Potential: 4+2)
A silently screaming form appears, made of the same pale white smoke as most objects, and flashes into a green spirit which immediately disintigrates.

More research - three separate words once again.

(Steve Potential: 4+1)
Some pale white smoke appears, flashes, and turns into a sheet of glass. It falls onto the ground and gains a spider-web crack from the impact.
(Steve Potential: 1+1)
Steve botches his pronounciation and nothing happens.
(Steve Potential: 3+1)
Nothing happens. The word was pronounced correctly, though...

Robert stared at the approaching and began to concentrate. He imagined a brand new wardrobe for this man, one that would be so heavy (or rigid) that he wouldn't be able to continue the chase. He spoke his two words and ran to the ocean-themed floor.
First blood! Put the Statpoint into Cardio.
Run after Robert and rugby-tackle him to the ground.
(Robert Speed: 6)
(Corky speed: 5+2)

(Corky Strength: 1+2)
(Robert Dodge: 6+1)
Corky tries to tackle Robert, but Robert side-steps and Corky winds up throwing himself on the floor.

(Robert Potential: 1+2)
Pale white smoke flows from Robert towards Corky, but halfway there it flashes and turns into a winter jacket made of pure rigid gold. It falls onto the floor, and doesn't constrict Corky's movements.

The Map
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hawk132. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: heydude6 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NJW2000 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TopHat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: DreamerGhost (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: AoshimaMichio (click to show/hide)

Dr. Daniel Wilde has 2/4 pool, Robert has 1/2 pool
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 10:09:36 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18