Twice Weekly, skipping combatants who haven't posted
- 0 (0%)
Weekly, waiting on combatants
- 0 (0%)
Weekly, skipping combatants who haven't posted
- 1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Perplexicon Apocalypse: TV's best Perplexicon show! Turn 9: Empty Waitlist  (Read 26345 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile

((Is this still on?))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

((Is this still on?))
((Minecraft. Sorry, yes, I have no GOOD excuse for delaying, but whenever I get around to it, it is. Well, Minecraft and trying to get a tiny mod running for Factorio; mostly that, in fact.))

in about an hour or two.
((LOL never believe me))
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile

((Some excuses are worse than no excuse, but that is very rare. Saying that is still better than no excuse, through. :P))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Working on turn right now, I just got Stellaris installed, so I want to get this turn out ASAP before I get completely lost. :P
The Cyan Menace

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

stop my heroic self from falling and heroically strike my foe in the jaw with my twitching sword hand!
Two word spell. If the result is a viable weapon and Owain doesn't receive a weapon from David, give him the result. Otherwise, if the result is a viable weapon, wait for David to cast his other non-weapon-creating spell, then do the whacking of Corky. If the result is not a viable weapon, throw it at Corky.
Get arms around Owain's throat and throttle him. Keep Owain between me and his mates. Obviously, intercept any weapon given to Owain and try to kill him with it.
Say 2-word phrase no-1. Get the result to Owain ASAP if it's at all weapon-like.

Then 2-word phrase no-2, while facing/indicating Corky and pointing at him with my supertech arm. Try and get that aiming bonus in, if at all possible.

Finally, tell the supertech elephant to crush our unexpected guest (IE, Corky). Stomp on him, trunk-wrestle, whatever works.

(Owain speed: 4)
(Johnsmith speed: 2+1)
(Corky speed: 6+2)
(David speed: 6-1)

(Corky Strength: 3+3)
(Owain Strength: 6+1)
Corky tries to move his hands from Owain's shoulders to his neck, but Owain's arms get in the way and he keeps Corky's hands off his neck.
But in their struggles to get into a good position, Corky does keep Owain pointing in the "meatshield" direction.

(David Potential: 2+3)
A blue cloud of smoke appears and takes the shape of a sword's hilt, with two long blades parellel to eachother extending outwards; the blades look blunt, though. The cloud flashes, and materializes into a shiny blue metal, with green lines of energy on the hilt, and two glowing red lights on the hilt. Holding it, the area between the two blades lights up and extends outwards from the center to form a much wider blade of green energy.
(David Aim: 1+1)
(Owain speed: 2)
(Corky speed: 3+2)
(Corky dodge: 1+3)
(Owain dodge: 4+1)
(Owain speed: 4)
(Corky speed: 1+3)
(tie: owain vs corky: 6 v 2)
Instead of safely handing over the sword, David thrust/throws it in Owain's direction. Owain and Corky both see it coming in a dangerous haphazard arc, toppling blade over pommel over blade.
As a pair, they both manage to side-step, and it lands between them. They both let go with one hand each and try to grab it. Owain is a hair faster, and though Corky does grab his hand and the sword inside it, he's still got the sword. It lights up with the green energy blade.

(David Potential: 6+2)
(David Aim: 3+1)
Pale white smoke appears in front of David; it doesn't seem to respond to where he's pointing. It travels a short distance away, but not as far as Corky, and flashes. Chunks of styrofoam fall out of the air where the cloud flashed.

(David Will: 2+2)
The elephant responds to David's will, and trundles in Corky's direction.

(Robo-Elephant strength: 6+2)
(Corky Strength: 6+2)
(Owain Strength: 3+1)
(Corky Endurance: 2+2)
(Owain Endurance: 3+1)
Corky panics as the trunk of the robotic elephant grabs him and lifts him up. He does his best to keep ahold of Owain and the sword, and the two of them both lift up into the air, and then the elephant slams them both down into the ground.
Both Corky and Owain seem quite stunned at the impact.
(Stunned -2 dodge for 1 turn)

(Owain strength: 4+1)
(Corky Strength: 2+3)
Owain tries to move the sword to strike Corky's face. His twitching sword hand is kept firmly in Corky's meaty fist, and doesn't manage to strike Corky in the face at all.

(Johnsmith Potential: 4+1)
Blue smoke appears and flashes, and Johnsmith finds he has an almost identical sword to the one David just threw at Corky and Owain. There is a small difference; the solid portion of the blade is shorter, and the energy extends out further for an overall longer sword.

(Johnsmith strength: 1-1)
(Corky dodge: 3+3-2)
Johnsmith tries to attack Corky while he's distracted, but he doesn't manage to get his sword swing anywhere near the combatants.

3 separate words.
(Steve Potential: 1+1)
Nothing happens. Did Steve mess up the word, or did something else happen?

(Steve Potential: 4+1)
A blue cloud of smoke appears, and flashes. A plate of blue metal drops onto the floor, green lines of energy tracing circuits on it's surface.

(Steve Potential: 4+1)
Some pale white smoke appears and expands outwards into a long pole, a very long polearm, with an axe-head and spike on the end; a nice looking Halberd, which disipates shortly after.

Continue strangling and smacking.
Do the same action as before again!
(Khaziraad speed: 2+3)
(Robert speed: 6)
(Khaziraad Thermite Endurance: 5+3-2)

(Robert Strength: 1-1)
(Robert Potential: 6+2)
Robert sticks his fingers in the chokehold, only enough to say one word while he struggles to put his hand on Khaziraad's face.
Pale white smoke leaks from between Robert's fingers and Khaziraad's face, and takes shape in the air away from Khaziraad, then flashes and two ingots of gold drop onto the ground beside the combatants.

(Khaziraad strength: 1+3)
Khaziraad keeps the squeeze on Robert, keeping him from getting any more air. He grunts when Robert uses the last of his air to try to transmute his face to gold, but grins when the ingots appear.
He slaps Robert's hand off his face, and waits long enough for some energy to flow from Robert's chest into Khaziraad's.

Two two word spells.
(Dr. Wilde Potential: 2+2)
Pale white smoke appears, and takes the shape of an ingot of metal, then flashes into iron. The iron drops to the ground, but looks more dull colored and robust than ordinary iron.

(Dr. Wilde potential: 4+3)
Pale white smoke appears, and starts laying down onto the ground, forming two parrellel rails, which are joined by moving and rotating gears, steam pistons, and wheels which one would assume would push an object on the rails faster and further; but the smoke disipates, and the steampunk rails vanish.

Research as always. 2 separate words, again.
(Redz potential: 2+1)
Redz falls into a trance, and he finds himself in a strange place. He's surounded by giant bacteria, cells, and viruses; but not entirely just them, he sees robots swimming around in the darkness, breaking down the bacteria into raw materials, constructing new robots, and sharing material to build something large in the distance... One of the robots starts swimming towards him, and he panics, which breaks him out of the trance and dream.

(Redz potential: 5+1)
Nothing happens. Perhaps that word is a modifier?

Okay, let's do this magic combo.
(Thrakor Potential: 2+1)
Pale white smoke appears, and takes the shape of something insect-like. It's giant compound eyes stare up at Thrakor, and away from him, and he can see many things reflected and refracted in them. Whole other worlds, in fact. It buzzes it's wings silently, and swings it's scorpion-like tails back and forth; the shape starts blurring, and the shape disintigrates into a chaotic explosion of quickly disipating smoke.

Robert is Dead
DreamerGhost gets another stat point
A spot on the waitlist is reserved for Heydude6
The next valid sheet to be added to the waitlist will spawn as Yellow.

The Map
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Status

Spoiler: Hawk132. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TopHat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: DreamerGhost (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: AoshimaMichio (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: H4zardZ1 (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile

And yet another foul warlock falls before me, but this time, in his folly he grants me the tools of his kin's demise!
Point in Bulk. Roll around in the snow in hopes of magical thermite running out of energy and cooling down. Grab the gold ingots.

((I kinda miss the casters commenting on what is happening.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1 word spell, then 2 word spell.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll rejoin as the same character, though this time his name will be Bob from Accounting.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

Shit, just going to bed... ah well, time and tide etc, o for it tbf

Ninja'd and feeling a little stupid now.

Anyway, full physical confirmed op. Mage's alliance anyone?
One wheel short of a wagon

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile

"SWORD HAND GO!!!! GUYS HELP THIS GUYS STRONG! ALSO NO MATTER WHAT DON'T HAVE THE ELEPHANT STOMP ON US! "
Owain attacks with the magic sword if possible activate any special abiltys the sword has and finnaly headbutt corky while simultaneously trying to kick him in the stomach and launch him off me!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile

((Well... haven't checked with the others, but I'd be open to a four-way teamup. Kinda occupied fighting a full-physical character right now, though.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

"WAAAGH!"

Chop Corky in twain.

((By the way: potential rule change: physical(not will, potency, aim, whatnot) rolls done multiple times in a turn get a consecutive penalty(example: Mook rolls END! result: x. Mook rolls END! Result: x-1. Mook rolls END! Result: x-2. Where x is the actual roll. Sound like a good idea?))
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 06:40:23 pm by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Huh.  Neat.

Let's try to cast another spell.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile

Me. Although my character aren't fully magical and had a single point at the physical place. Share known words, please.

EDIT: 1 2-worded Sentence(2 unseparated Words).
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 03:39:04 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile

((Full physical is only OP for as long as mages have no clue what they are actually casting. Which is why I plan to comit sucide (Denied!) and reroll a mage with ability to cast half the book at once.))
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18