Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: What mods would you want to see made?  (Read 9398 times)

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
Re: What mods would you want to see made?
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2016, 09:44:00 pm »

Something about that LFR update causes consistent worldgen crashes for me at the stage directly after all civilizations are placed.  Still definitely needs some kinks worked out.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2016, 10:11:38 pm »

Something about that LFR update causes consistent worldgen crashes for me at the stage directly after all civilizations are placed.  Still definitely needs some kinks worked out.

God damn, I even went through a whole hour of heartache to fix that and it's still happening? Annoying.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2016, 10:53:55 pm »

I would love to see (or, if I could really wrap my head around the creature RAWS, make) a Transformers mod where you embark as Autobots setting up base on Cybertron and the Decepticons periodically lay siege to your HQ, along with roving Omega Guardians, random Quintesson assaults and maybe some Junkeons for trading partners.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2016, 11:09:13 pm »

God damn, I even went through a whole hour of heartache to fix that and it's still happening? Annoying.

Might be related to symbols. I know Fortress Defense used to crash due to unused symbols.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2016, 11:14:18 pm »

I fixed a crash due to some CULL_SYMBOLs on symbols that don't exist, but yeah, could be more new things.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2016, 11:55:48 am »

One other mod I've seen this type of crash with is Stal's Armory.  Maybe it's something with armor/weapons/reactions with outdated tags or tags that reference things that no longer exist?  LFR has a ton of weapons, armor, and reactions that could be hiding a culprit.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

~LegacyCWAL

Xeldrakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2016, 06:45:40 pm »

I'd love to see a new curse personally. I've always been a big fan of the Dragonlance fantasy setting, and its brand of Death Knights are especially appealing to me. A high power, high martial skill skeleton mage with the ability to create a very limited number of powerful skeletal warriors and whose long term presence in a fortified lair causes a land to turn evil would be an amazing addition to a gothic fantasy mod I'm working on. Unfortunately, I don't know the proper procedures to create a curse that would turn a creature into a skeletal version of itself, nor do I know how to make said cursed being capable of turning a particular region evil. Those things may not even be possible, but if they are, I'd love to see someone work at making such a being.

Hell, I'd even settle for a lecture on the methods to make it work so I can do it myself.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2016, 08:38:20 pm »

It is impossible to make curses (or, indeed, anything) turn regions evil. Skeletonization is mostly only done by reanimation, so not really possible in any reasonable way.

Xeldrakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2016, 08:51:35 pm »

Ahh pity. Well! We'll see what happens with the magic systems that Toady will be implementing in good time. Given that it will change the very nature of how supernatural terrain works, there might be something workable in that system once it is out and understood. Thanks for your prompt answer. I will simply have to wait and see if things change. =)

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2016, 03:33:00 am »

On the subject of revivals, the Monster Hunter mod has been dead a while, after a couple attempts to get it rolling by both myself and Wimopy.  Would love to see that revived and overhauled for .43, but no idea where to start.

~LegacyCWAL
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]