Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: What mods would you want to see made?  (Read 9410 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: What mods would you want to see made?
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2016, 07:48:05 pm »

I wouldn't mind seeing an Elder Scrolls mod; preferably incorporating all the different types of Khajit (ie. including the ones that look totally human and the ones that look totally like cats)

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83992.0

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2016, 07:55:00 pm »

I wouldn't mind seeing an Elder Scrolls mod; preferably incorporating all the different types of Khajit (ie. including the ones that look totally human and the ones that look totally like cats)

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83992.0
Teneb works fast.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

pognivet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2016, 06:52:42 am »

a mod where you are ants

granak1031

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2016, 01:03:21 pm »

a mod where you are ants

I think someone made that awhile back. Well, Ant-people that is. Can't find a link though, so I'm guessing it's deprecated.

Would be fun to see it done again though, and wouldn't be that hard. Hmmm....

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2016, 11:18:45 pm »

a mod where you are ants

I think someone made that awhile back. Well, Ant-people that is. Can't find a link though, so I'm guessing it's deprecated.

*cough* 

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=153002.0
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

granak1031

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2016, 12:45:24 am »

a mod where you are ants

*cough* 

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=153002.0

Haha, yeah, I might have to give that a try. A little broader scope than the other idea, but it looks and sounds interesting, and it shouldn't be hard to downsize if desired. I've always thought the Animal People in DF needed to be more fleshed out.

muleet

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2016, 10:50:28 pm »

I am trying these days to make a tournament via the object testing arena mode, there are like 15 to 20 players in the competition. All of them have registered by posting their own character (with skills and equipments) in another forum. I'll create their characters in a DF game on my pc and make them fight together, all of them as AI.
I'd like to do several different matches, with each of these character (like a global FFA match, a fights against 80 gobelins with no equipments and skills, and maybe some ffa with 4 characters) but the arena mode is not convenient to do that. I would have to start the game and create each character one by one, making no mistake at all since we cannot modify the equipments/skills of an entity which is already placed in that mode, and we also cannot just make it disappear to remake it.
So could there be a mod to simplify this ? Like something to store "profiles" of characters, giving them a) a name, b) equipments, and c) skills ? And make them appear any time I want in the arena mode ?

Adam Mantine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2016, 04:29:32 pm »

How about some kind of a Dark Carnival/Inasne Clown Posse themed mod. People already refer to demons etc. with circus metaphors here after all.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2016, 11:17:35 pm »

I'd love to see a (comparatively) simple horror mod. It's possible that an updated one exists and I haven't searched well enough. No offence intended for the large overhauls, but personally I prefer tweaking to overhauling. Greater variety of both fantastic and underground creatures would be great, along with secretive cults. Some more flavour and variety to make the world of DF a little darker, without overhauling the entire RAW folder, without making things sillier, and without adding new civilizations.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 11:30:33 pm by Taffer »

granak1031

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2016, 02:10:41 am »

I'd love to see a (comparatively) simple horror mod. It's possible that an updated one exists and I haven't searched well enough. No offence intended for the large overhauls, but personally I prefer tweaking to overhauling. Greater variety of both fantastic and underground creatures would be great, along with secretive cults. Some more flavour and variety to make the world of DF a little darker, without overhauling the entire RAW folder, without making things sillier, and without adding new civilizations.

I like it when things are modular. Add and use what you want without having to use the whole bundle.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2016, 02:15:15 am »

There's a lot of fun you can do with a dedicated horror-mod.

Some imaginative and interesting (semi)megabeasts and night creatures would go a long ways to entertaining me for a while.

An advanced alchemy mod (chemical reactions, potions) for both fortress and adventure mode is something I'd want to see.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2016, 04:38:09 am »

Horror creatures doesn't make a horror game. Heh.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2016, 10:35:05 am »

An advanced alchemy mod (chemical reactions, potions) for both fortress and adventure mode is something I'd want to see.

I occasionally consider adding alchemy reactions to Furry Fortress, but I'm not entirely sure what I would want to do with it.  One thought was to add materials like galalith and aralac, plastic and wool made from milk, things that require advanced chemistry, but wouldn't be game-breakingly modern.  Or it could do DF game world things, like spinning cloth from wood or turning stones into cheese.  FuFo's elemental metals might also be used for interesting reactions, but I couldn't think of anything specific. 

In the case of potions, I don't know how DF would handle it.  If it's a drink, dwarves will just quaff them with their dinners, so something like a love potion is just going to happen randomly.  It might be good if your potions are something like energy drinks so you can just introduce them into the workflow.  But like a healing potion would never be given to a wounded dwarf and a strength potion wouldn't be quaffed before battle. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2016, 12:49:53 pm »

That's true, yeah. I've thought about potions as mainly applicable to adventurers. Not that a stat boost here and there won't be good for your dwarves. I'd also considered potions that temporarily grant powers to your dwarves. You can't expect them to be smart about it.

Also, just cause its not a proper horror game doesn't mean it can't be filled with unspeakable horrors. In fact, sometimes it can become a proper horror game. You just have to let the terror creep into your head. It really is all very horrifying in-character.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2016, 12:53:14 pm »

Horror creatures doesn't make a horror game. Heh.

I'm referring more to subtle atmosphere than gameplay. For what it's worth, I'm slowly rewriting creature descriptions to make the game a little more atmospheric and unnerving. It's difficult to find a giant tick creepy when it has a lazy description and no real indication of size. When I'm done--not anytime soon, by my current pace--any mod is welcome to incorporate the changes.

Atmosphere can make a game feel a little darker, even if there's no difference in gameplay. When I mentioned adding new fantastic creatures, in part I meant adding more [DOES_NOT_EXIST] horrors derived from mythology and Lovecraft, to hopefully infuse a little more "horror" into engravings and statues. Having dwarves start to secretly worship vampire or were-creatures in cults would certainly add to those mechanics, even if it had little practical difference in gameplay.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 01:14:05 pm by Taffer »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6