Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The Kingdom of the Stepstones (CKII-GOT)  (Read 10627 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
The Kingdom of the Stepstones (CKII-GOT)
« on: April 14, 2016, 12:03:40 am »

Robert's Rebellion has ended in victory for the usurper Robert Baratheon.  The Targaryen line, once the most powerful dynasty in Westeros, has been reduced to only a young man and a babe.  It is in this time another individual begins to rise.  A ruler for a mere four years, Pirate Lord Salladhor Saan of the Northern Stepstones has conquered the Skulls and made their leader into his vassal.  This taste of conflict has brought on a desire to resurrect a long destroyed nation.

Salladhor Saan finished reading through the letter Davos Seaworth had sent by raven.  Inside, it had read of the ser's recent appointment to the status of being Lord of Rainwood.

'I must make certain to inform my ships to avoid that area for awhile,' the Pirate Lord thought.  'I can't keep them from the place forever, but I might as well attempt to give him a chance to build up.  May even find myself a challenge there sometime.'

Setting the letter aside, the Pirate Lord opened up the next one upon his desk and a slight smile crossed his face.  It was a message from his spymaster, Bellegere.  She had managed to locate the remnants of the Targaryen dynasty.  'Managed to find a place in Braavos, did you?  There will be a fair difficulty in arranging it, but I may be able to...convince Ferrego to arrange a betrothal between my eventual son and young Daenerys.  May be useful for a few favors in the future if I can build up the Stepstones to be a great enough force.  Can't get too far ahead of myself, though.  First I need to have a son.  I seem to recall a young spymaster from Wreckstone that could serve well as my wife.  Will likely cost me a bit of prestige in the eyes of others, but it may work.  I will need to send a message to Khorane.  May manage to deprive him of a useful asset if it succeeds.'

Putting the letter and the train of thought aside, Salladhor turned to the third letter he had gotten.  It was a response that alit a wider smirk than the prior one.  Roro Quanis had declined to peacefully become a vassal of him.  Quite forcibly, in fact.  From the wording of the letter, he all but stated they would be going to war.  'So be it.  I think you will quite regret that decision when you see the improvements I have made to my forces over the past year.

The final letter was a mere mention of the beginning of the establishment of the patrols he had paid for.  While not at their most useful immediately, if his goals failed, they would serve to build up his fallback point quite nicely.  Luck willing, he wouldn't need to fall back, but you never know.

Setting aside the final letter, Salladhor rose from his seating and went forth into the port.  He had an island to capture.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Next
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 12:47:49 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Pirate Fleet of Dark Den (CKII-GOT)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 03:51:44 am »

Ah, Piracy!  My favourite aspect of this mod.  When it comes to it, remember that you can take slaves as part of your raiding, and those beggars sell for stupid money to the Harpy nations.  To say nothing of mass slave camps in the capital.  So useful.

Loving the style, can't wait to see more.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 04:04:03 am »

PTW
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 05:11:28 pm »

PTW. Never played the GOT mod before, but I really should. Is this on the latest version?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 05:36:02 pm »

Ah, Piracy!  My favourite aspect of this mod.  When it comes to it, remember that you can take slaves as part of your raiding, and those beggars sell for stupid money to the Harpy nations.  To say nothing of mass slave camps in the capital.  So useful.

Loving the style, can't wait to see more.

It has basis in one let's play I had read, though that one utilized the Westerlands during the Robert's Rebellion bookmark and continued on from there for three generations (Tywin, Tyrion, and Tyrion's Son (Can't remember his name)).

PTW. Never played the GOT mod before, but I really should. Is this on the latest version?

1.1.1, so close enough.

Anyway, update.

Pirate King Sallador Saan found himself in his now royal office, one year after the decision to launch his invasion of Bloodstone.  The newly crowned king thought back over the 'I wonder how long it was into the invasion that Roro had seen the folly of standing against me?  I wonder if it was when his armies of one thousand met my three thousand, or when I had him pay ransom in order to get back his court, netting me a nice sum in the process?'

'Granted, I had been a tad...busy with Ternesia at the time.'

'I am personally amazed to the degree at which she had revealed the weaknesses of Wreckstone.  Speaking of when the Lord had gone on a raid, as well as the locations of the island's fortifications was most surprising.  It allowed us to have an even greater advantage than we would have had otherwise.  We were even able to capture large numbers of hostages that also made us a tidy profit in ransoms.'

A small smile crossed Sallador's face for a second, before his mood darkened.  'Speaking of treason, the declaration of Lord Bjork Back to attempt to depose me was also surprising.  It might have been made in jest, but I had to take it seriously.  On the bright side, the entirety of the Northern Stepstones is under my control now.'

The memories of the Pirate Lord took a turn for the better as he moved away from the memory of the near betrayal to something that had occurred soon after the victory.  'It is just amazing to what degree Davos trusts me.  I mean, sure I am his friend, but to send one of his kids to be raised by a Pirate Lord, immediately in the aftermath of my conquest of Sunstone and it becoming obvious I plan to take the whole of the Stepstones for my own kingdom?  That is something that even I wasn't expecting.  The kid is doing fine, though.  Admittedly, it is proving a minor hassle to keep him away from...certain segments of the island.  I sincerely doubt he, or most especially his lord, would want his kid to come back as a full-fledged pirate.  Tendencies are expected, but full-fledged?  I doubt that.'

'Still, there is a high amount of prestige in being raised by a King.'

'Was a fairly eventful year.  While I do not doubt things will eventually slow down, the time of conquest is here, and I plan to take not just the stepstones, but Tyrosh and Lys as well.  The Kingdom of the Stepstones cannot stand if limited by the islands.  Capturing those free-cities shall make us strong enough to survive.  Maybe even thrive.

The Pirate King sighed.  'Don't get too far of yourself Sallador.  That will only lead to failure.  Focus upon the present.  The remainder of the islands need to be vassalized or conquered first.  The free-cities come later.'
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of the Stepstones (CKII-GOT)
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 06:09:33 pm »

Ambitious.  In the early years, it was the best I could do to raid the Summer Isles and sell them off for enough money to raise an army to take on the Free Cities.  Still, Seven be with you!
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 06:11:56 pm »

I can see this guy defeating the White Walkers.  Do those fuckers even have ships in this mod?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 06:32:01 pm »

Ambitious.  In the early years, it was the best I could do to raid the Summer Isles and sell them off for enough money to raise an army to take on the Free Cities.  Still, Seven be with you!

Attrition is severely against invading forces on the Stepstones, only allowing to field around one thousand before it sets in.  My strategy is simply to bleed the Free-cities dry via attrition, following their forces with my own to recapture locations they get ahold of, not engaging until their forces are a fair degree weaker.  In addition, I plan to wait to attack until one of the two are in a war already.  As the AI seems to tend to focus on the war that occurred first, I can pick up some gains rather quickly.

I can see this guy defeating the White Walkers.  Do those fuckers even have ships in this mod?

I do not know.  They are only guaranteed to be there when you select the 'Dance of Dragons' bookmark and I've never played that one too far.  Outside of that, the only way they show up is a rare chance during Harsh Winters.  I don't know if I'll see that show up due to how rare the Harsh Winters are in the first place.

Edit: I might use an event to trigger them at some point when the Kingdom of the Stepstones has reached both a stable place, and one I can use the 'Renounce Piracy' option.  If the White Walkers have boats, then I'll have !!fun!! trying to fight them off.  If they don't, I'll have the fun of attempting to reclaim Westeros under the rule of my own dynasty.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 07:41:47 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2016, 04:55:02 pm »

Pirate King Salladhor Saan smiled openly within his solar.  The Stepstones were now entirely under his rule.  Only Torturer's Deep had denied becoming his vassal and they had swiftly fallen as the forces of the Dark Den came upon the island.  The Skulls and his primary island of Dark Den were both slowly growing in size, though the forces of both were still needing to recover from the Conquest of the Stepstones.  His mind began to turn towards where he would take the island next.  Getting a son then raising him to gain full control over the islands was necessary, but a matter of conquest needed to be determined.  He had a few targets in mind.  Tyrosh and Lys were both strong cities, but the dangers of the Stepstones would likely cripple their armies.  However, the Free-Cities had fairly high odds to join forces to attack his armies.  With all being at or near full strength, he wasn't certain of how clear the odds of capturing the cities would be.  A potential alternative was a conquest of the Summer Isles.  They were far, but his forces still outnumbered theirs by a fair degree.  A decision needed to be made...

So, opinions.  Would you rather me go after Lys, Tyrosh, or the Summer Islands as my first conquest outside of the Stepstones?  With the former two I would be most likely to bide my time raiding for awhile to let their nations slowly wear themselves down, so I wouldn't be going against them when a single one outnumbers me 3:1.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2016, 06:54:34 pm »

Summer Islanders. Easy conquests.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2016, 06:55:21 pm »

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2016, 12:02:08 am »

Pillage the temple of the goddess with sixteen teats!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2016, 07:40:23 pm »

Summer Islanders. Easy conquests.

+1

The path to world domination starts with a single Easy Conquest.  Do dat.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2016, 11:37:56 am »

Prince Xhal II of Last Lament was kneeling before Pirate King Salladhor Saan, come to become a vassal to the conquering Stepstone King.  While the ceremony was continuing, the King recalled a few events that had occurred over the conquest.  Specifically, when Pirate Lord Khorne of Wreckstone had attempted to fabricate a claim upon the Kingdom of the Stepstones soon after the loss of the Grey Gallows by some forces launched secretly from Last Lament when Stonehead was under siege.  After being imprisoned, a trial had been held and, after being found guilty, the Lord had been walked through the streets naked, then exiled.  The ceremony was coming to an end, so the King's attention returned to the proceedings, only having the passing thought of needing to meet with the council afterwards.

Within his solar, the King contemplated over what was discussed within the meeting.  The Realm's authority had been increased and he had given orders to increase it further.  He was ruling over a group of pirates, not regular nobility, and a strict authority was needed to keep a handle on them.  A couple plots had been discovered, but with them not being against him, his wife, or the realm, he was not concerned.

On the international level, a few things of interest were occurring. Magister Terro of Pentos hiding out for reasons unknown to any available.  There was likely a plot, but without many inside the city, not much could be done.  As for what was occurring in Braavos, the diplomat he had sent had met with a lesser house to gain audience with the ruling house that had the Targaryens as their wards.  However, a perceived insult seemed to have broken down that route.  Hopefully they would succeed in getting an audience at a later date.  Within Lorath, a raid was underway by Khal Jasso and seemed to be going in his favor.

As for Westeros, things were becoming quite interesting.  Balon Greyjoy and Mace Tyrell had started up a civil war against the tyranny of King Robert the Drunkard.  Both Dorne and the Riverlands were staying out of the conflict, leaving the Westerlands, North, Vale, and Stormlands aiding the Iron Throne.  'I wonder how open King's Landing, the Arbor, Casterly Rock, Old Town, and Dragonstone are to  raids right now...'

Pages: [1] 2 3