Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Era of Fantasy: Magics&Muskets testgame! OOC Thread. Game has begun!  (Read 9798 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Era of Fantasy: Magics&Muskets testgame! OOC Thread. Game has begun!
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2016, 12:46:25 am »

That's the Queen by the way.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 18, 2016, 06:18:43 am »

Your veteran tactics can't save you now!
Dat +2, bro. :P
For the surrender: OOC, I don't really want to knock anyone out of the game this soon, and would be happy to stop and get back to my planned actions despite how much easier it would be to finish you now :P. I am, however, kinda looking forward to the big "World War" style fight that was about to break out :P. IC, they intend to at least you a puppet state that does whatever they say, essentially a one-sided alliance that would allow Lansee to have more armies and research then conquering the land would.
Well I could do some IC politicking ._.; and give you a blueprint copy in return for withdrawal of lands. But that requires us to ALLY first so that...uh, wait. Turn order. :V

Haspen, is it possible to trade #23 within this turn (turn 2) of ownership in that by the end of the turn, I can build on it AND own it?

So yeah, OOC: We're REALLY HEAVILY SKEWED to the theocracy (Everyone dogpile on Ancient Rome Lansee like the olden times? :P) Imagine that you've a +4 bonus against ANYONE who isn't a Monarchy/other Theocracy (meaning everyone but ATH) and that we'll take...oh, say a TON of turns to catch up in research as research has a cost of 'per land tile' whereas the 'half RP bonus' is a VERY tiny negative malus compared to a permanent +1 attack and defense! >~<

I mean, it really did remind me of the Byzantine Empire (Hello Theodora, loved your ethics and such), in how the religious ideologies helped both science and lifestyle, although corruption and other such issues happened which cemented the downfall of Rome (blame the many attackers too :v).

And why I chose a small nation is because I totally misread the victory rules and wanted to ally a duo/triumvirate it's my playstyle. :P (Actually the strikethrough is really my reason ._.)

@ATH: Protect the Queen! :D

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2016, 06:22:54 am »

But Theocracy doesn't get defense bonuses, only attack v:

Land ownership change happens as soon as its vacated by all armies of its previous owner.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2016, 06:27:44 am »

But Theocracy doesn't get defense bonuses, only attack v:
I should read moar :V
But yeah. Oh. That's...a good thing o_O

Still thinking Theocracy is really good for this map because its small, and to counter the research deficit you'll need a ton of turns more :P Good show of sprucing the only Theocracy here with ample RPing, Stirk!

Land ownership change happens as soon as its vacated by all armies of its previous owner.
...Can this work if both he and I agree to move his army out and move my 2 armies in (and rebuild a training grounds? :v)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2016, 07:16:17 am »

Ahhhhh time differences.

Haspen. A majority of my buildings were "forts" not "ports". I suppose I should have spelled out the whole fortification to make it clear.

Edit: I didn't even notice Tiruin had a second recruiting place. It looks like a curb stomp was not only impossible, but even victory was improbable.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 07:26:23 am by Criptfeind »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2016, 10:20:15 am »

Your veteran tactics can't save you now!
Dat +2, bro. :P
For the surrender: OOC, I don't really want to knock anyone out of the game this soon, and would be happy to stop and get back to my planned actions despite how much easier it would be to finish you now :P. I am, however, kinda looking forward to the big "World War" style fight that was about to break out :P. IC, they intend to at least you a puppet state that does whatever they say, essentially a one-sided alliance that would allow Lansee to have more armies and research then conquering the land would.
Well I could do some IC politicking ._.; and give you a blueprint copy in return for withdrawal of lands. But that requires us to ALLY first so that...uh, wait. Turn order. :V

Haspen, is it possible to trade #23 within this turn (turn 2) of ownership in that by the end of the turn, I can build on it AND own it?

So yeah, OOC: We're REALLY HEAVILY SKEWED to the theocracy (Everyone dogpile on Ancient Rome Lansee like the olden times? :P) Imagine that you've a +4 bonus against ANYONE who isn't a Monarchy/other Theocracy (meaning everyone but ATH) and that we'll take...oh, say a TON of turns to catch up in research as research has a cost of 'per land tile' whereas the 'half RP bonus' is a VERY tiny negative malus compared to a permanent +1 attack and defense! >~<

I mean, it really did remind me of the Byzantine Empire (Hello Theodora, loved your ethics and such), in how the religious ideologies helped both science and lifestyle, although corruption and other such issues happened which cemented the downfall of Rome (blame the many attackers too :v).

And why I chose a small nation is because I totally misread the victory rules and wanted to ally a duo/triumvirate it's my playstyle. :P (Actually the strikethrough is really my reason ._.)

@ATH: Protect the Queen! :D

I will end up with a +5 bonus if I climb to the end of the tech tree :P. Just with Steel-working, it becomes +3 attack, enough to overcome most fortified positions.

Ahhhhh time differences.

Haspen. A majority of my buildings were "forts" not "ports". I suppose I should have spelled out the whole fortification to make it clear.

Edit: I didn't even notice Tiruin had a second recruiting place. It looks like a curb stomp was not only impossible, but even victory was improbable.

Your overly cautious playstyle and lack of tactics will be your undoing. Again, by your current logic, no capital could ever be taken at any point ever.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2016, 10:33:49 am »

Good luck getting to that +5 bonus though :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2016, 10:37:01 am »

Alright, I shouldn't have made that jab. I let my asshole nature out a bit there, lets just go back to agreeing to disagree over what curb stomp means.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2016, 10:38:57 am »

Good luck getting to that +5 bonus though :P

I can take over the entire world with half of that :P. Just getting Steelworking means you need Firearms just to match me pound-for-pound.

Alright, I shouldn't have made that jab. I let my asshole nature out a bit there, lets just go back to agreeing to disagree over what curb stomp means.

You are forgiven, assuming you hand over all your lands and surrender your technologies (in real life, of course).

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2016, 10:45:46 am »

No, that's okay, I think I can live without your forgiveness.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 18, 2016, 11:00:27 am »

Only on the attack. If we're attacking, which is going to likely be the case, you're gonna need a lot of help. Especially once I get started on siege engines :3

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 18, 2016, 02:27:44 pm »

Only on the attack. If we're attacking, which is going to likely be the case, you're gonna need a lot of help. Especially once I get started on siege engines :3

Nah. As long as I see you coming, I can destroy everything but the fortifications (giving me at least a +1 bonus) and move all but one army back a square. That way when you attack that one guy, you win but destroy the fort. Then I can attack you with my massive bonus! Plus, without forts, your guys have pretty much no defense :P. This gives them a glaring weakness when they try invading things, as I can push back much easier than you can push forward.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 18, 2016, 04:09:33 pm »

That implies you're gonna be able to easily move from one province, or that I'm only going to attack from one direction.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 18, 2016, 04:51:34 pm »

That implies you're gonna be able to easily move from one province, or that I'm only going to attack from one direction.

That implies I won't be able to move from one province, and that I will let you attack me from more than one direction :P.

Hmmm.

-Earlier turn, population boom in 15 from immigrants
-Then, rebellion in 15

Surely, these events are connected. The 'immigrants' had only pretended to follow the True Faith, masking their intentions as they planted the seeds of rebellion. The Twins are still on the side of Lansee, as they hath struck another enemy of the state (this time with Earthquakes).

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 18, 2016, 05:03:10 pm »

Either that, or the extra population just brought the administration to it's knees
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13