Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Era of Fantasy: Magics&Muskets testgame! OOC Thread. Game has begun!  (Read 9799 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Era of Fantasy: Magics&Muskets testgame! OOC Thread. Game has begun!
« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2016, 03:14:13 pm »

I think you missed the part where if you outnumber her she gets an extra bonus. Look at it realistically, if you had taken the training ground and not sent reinforcements the first turn you'd have about a 45% chance to take it, not a curb stomp. Every turn after that your chances get worse. until you get 10v9, and which point they slowly start to get better, but then your effectively taking resources from elsewhere to fight on this front.

No, I addressed it. Like I said, if I outnumber her, the first extra 3 don't count. It is only a +1 bonus. I also get a +1 bonus for outnumbering. It is a complete wash. 45% to completely annihilate an enemy is a curb stomp by my measure.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2016, 03:14:47 pm »

You'll never outnumber her without pulling numbers off your other fronts, that's my whole point.

Also no, 45% chance to win at all is not a curb stomp.

Edit: I mean, how much did you plan on outnumbering her? You'll send 15 of your guys against nine of hers, leaving 5 guys to defend against the like 40 armies from the other three players (who since you've spent so many turns building up your assault force for her islands have started to bring in the technology), and then like 2/3s of your army die on her shore as the rest of your empire is completely ripped apart? That's a curb stomp. Yeah.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 03:24:16 pm by Criptfeind »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2016, 03:25:08 pm »

A 45% chance of taking the enemies entire nation is a very good chance. Once the capital is gone, she is pretty much crippled (And I won't have any penalty to attack the remaining land). This conversation has gotten repetitive and is boring me, it seems to be based entirely on us having different definitions of "Curb Stomp". Can we get back to the game, so I can curb stomp you already?

Edit: I mean, how much did you plan on outnumbering her? You'll send 15 of your guys against nine of hers, leaving 5 guys to defend against the like 40 armies from the other three players (who since you've spent so many turns building up your assault force for her islands have started to bring in the technology), and then like 2/3s of your army die on her shore as the rest of your empire is completely ripped apart? That's a curb stomp. Yeah.

I figured +3 guys would be enough. By your logic right now, no capital can ever be taken ever, because this pretty much applies to all of them  :-\.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 03:26:42 pm by Stirk »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2016, 03:26:02 pm »

The funny thing is against me it'd probably actually be a curb stomp, because I don't have any of these bonuses so you'd just wreck me right away lol.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 17, 2016, 03:32:30 pm »

I'm going to sleep pls dun murder my thread with arguments v;
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 17, 2016, 04:00:52 pm »

The funny thing is against me it'd probably actually be a curb stomp, because I don't have any of these bonuses so you'd just wreck me right away lol.

Honestly, I kinda expected you to invade me this turn :P. Nobody has attacked me yet, and that is disappointing :(.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 17, 2016, 04:02:33 pm »

Apparently you can't build in a province the same turn you take it, unless you take it without a fight.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 17, 2016, 04:22:31 pm »

Apparently you can't build in a province the same turn you take it, unless you take it without a fight.

That is an oddly foreboding response :P.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2016, 04:26:23 pm »

Well I mean. I don't think it's worth pretending I didn't even think of it. But ultimately it would have been a failed attack. So eh, no need to make the hard choices when there's still easy ones. Maybe eventually I'll be forced to pick a side.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2016, 11:00:59 pm »

Ooo man, I should make a guide for EoD general basics. :X I did NOT know that others didn't know that everyone spawns an army on TURN 1 before TURN 0. Taricus and the rest (seemingly?) didn't notice that D: (Sorry Tarii--reminded you too late about those trade treaties).

Also...Err, I think the battle results were a bit mixed x3
Not complaining bout the outcome, but that there should be more rounds :P
Quote from: Rules in play
Each 3 armies more than enemy grants +1 bonus to the more numerous side; this bonus fluctuates as amount of armies changes via combat!

The Holy Empire has +1 by default
My Republic has +1 when outnumbered
I'm unsure where the extra +1 went o_O
So yeah :P
ALSO, there's a rule that if you attack a province WITHOUT a fight, then you can build on it but that only happens if there is no battle taking place. I had forgotten that ALL Independents have a secret "1" army + fortifications (capital). Oops! x3
Also epic RPing, Stirk :3 I enjoy this battle.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2016, 11:11:49 pm »

Ooo man, I should make a guide for EoD general basics. :X I did NOT know that others didn't know that everyone spawns an army on TURN 1 before TURN 0. Taricus and the rest (seemingly?) didn't notice that D: (Sorry Tarii--reminded you too late about those trade treaties).

Also...Err, I think the battle results were a bit mixed x3
Not complaining bout the outcome, but that there should be more rounds :P
Quote from: Rules in play
Each 3 armies more than enemy grants +1 bonus to the more numerous side; this bonus fluctuates as amount of armies changes via combat!

The Holy Empire has +1 by default
My Republic has +1 when outnumbered
I'm unsure where the extra +1 went o_O
So yeah :P
ALSO, there's a rule that if you attack a province WITHOUT a fight, then you can build on it but that only happens if there is no battle taking place. I had forgotten that ALL Independents have a secret "1" army + fortifications (capital). Oops! x3
Also epic RPing, Stirk :3 I enjoy this battle.

It looks legit to me? My Holy Empire gets +2 against Republics and Mageocracies as per the "Holy Warriors" Trait:

Holy Warriors: Armies of the Theocracy gain +1 to their Attack rolls; this bonus becomes +2 when fighting against sinful, decadent nations like Republics or Magocracies.

And you get +2 from defenses +1 from being outnumbered. So I get +2, you get +3. If we tie (Which we did) then the assaulting army is sent back to its square.

Also, thanks, I've been doing this kinda thing for years now :P. This battle should be fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2016, 11:46:23 pm »

Aw. Too late for me. Waitlist and watch, tho.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2016, 11:54:32 pm »

It looks legit to me? My Holy Empire gets +2 against Republics and Mageocracies as per the "Holy Warriors" Trait:

Holy Warriors: Armies of the Theocracy gain +1 to their Attack rolls; this bonus becomes +2 when fighting against sinful, decadent nations like Republics or Magocracies.

And you get +2 from defenses +1 from being outnumbered. So I get +2, you get +3. If we tie (Which we did) then the assaulting army is sent back to its square.

Also, thanks, I've been doing this kinda thing for years now :P. This battle should be fun.
Holy fish o_O I had in mind that it's a +1 (as in, +1 to battles with Republic/Mage-ocracy and +0 to other Theo/Monarchies). +2 is more OP than being a Dictatorship in the past EoDs! :-X

Also future EoD tactics tips for ya--it's best to make training grounds instead of do pre-emptive strikes at first. Especially with a large country with big armed forces :P Those take the predominant 'aggro' (implicit aggression) at the start because of their potential of power.

Also...does the faith of the Twins accept surrender and peace for regrowth? :P I feel cheesy for asking so (because that's a very good RP reason to attack me <_>) but I had a thought that this is a test game .-. (And that I pulled my nation from my worldbuilding so we're not actually pagans but nobody knows that but me x3 Oops!). Let's do that with a test of RPing x3 I've only started roleplaying since I joined B12. Literally XD (and somehow people like me :'( )

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2016, 12:23:11 am »

Holy fish o_O I had in mind that it's a +1 (as in, +1 to battles with Republic/Mage-ocracy and +0 to other Theo/Monarchies). +2 is more OP than being a Dictatorship in the past EoDs! :-X

Also future EoD tactics tips for ya--it's best to make training grounds instead of do pre-emptive strikes at first. Especially with a large country with big armed forces :P Those take the predominant 'aggro' (implicit aggression) at the start because of their potential of power.

Also...does the faith of the Twins accept surrender and peace for regrowth? :P I feel cheesy for asking so (because that's a very good RP reason to attack me <_>) but I had a thought that this is a test game .-. (And that I pulled my nation from my worldbuilding so we're not actually pagans but nobody knows that but me x3 Oops!). Let's do that with a test of RPing x3 I've only started roleplaying since I joined B12. Literally XD (and somehow people like me :'( )

Your veteran tactics can't save you now! In any case, I had planned on making several training grounds last turn (One by the Elves, who where not going to attack any time soon, and one by you), but half your military was erased, giving me an excellent opportunity to sweep your islands away. I had hoped of capturing at least one in the last attack, but it was not to be  :-\. As long as I control the aggro, I won't have to worry.

For the surrender: OOC, I don't really want to knock anyone out of the game this soon, and would be happy to stop and get back to my planned actions despite how much easier it would be to finish you now :P. I am, however, kinda looking forward to the big "World War" style fight that was about to break out :P. Something like that would benefit me, who has the advantage early but loses when technology catches up. IC, they intend to at least you a puppet state that does whatever they say, essentially a one-sided alliance that would allow Lansee to have more armies and research then conquering the land would. Seeing how good their position is/looks to them (a plague striking the heart of the enemy's kingdom is certainly a powerful sign from the Gods :P), talking them into a more legitimate peace is possible, but will be costly enough it would require resources from your allies.

Why did you choose such a small nation anyway?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2016, 12:42:46 am »

I made a fun backstory for the plague!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13