Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The Last Dwarves  (Read 12148 times)

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Dwarves
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2016, 02:50:25 pm »

I have decided to introduce a new position based key since I cannot just keep giving each individual their own colour because that would result in me running out of colours.  In the process of changing all the colours of the non-titled persons to black I also moved some pictures around so that the speakers personality bio is introduced after their log entry not before at the beginning of the update.

1st Granite 201:1st Annual Plan
This year we should focus on the production of a large number of rings and wooden shields too, since according to the Royal Liaison these are items that are in great demand back in what remains of the Wall of Gladness; these are items that can easily be made of either ordinary wood or silverwood. Waterskins are very much in demand also, we have many useless animals standing around that can be turned into leather waterskins; however we do not have the needed facilities to process animals into anything, these should be constructed along with a refuse stockpile south of the stairway on the woodworking level. As much as all beings should work their hardest, a small amount of relaxation is still needed in order to maintain labour efficiency over the long term; this means we should build a tavern at some point this year.
Rodes Samlandimanir "Partnergirders", Expedition Leader.

Caption: Last year's export agreement with the Wall of Gladness.

12th Granite 201:Animals to slaughter
Now the butchery area is complete it is time to produce some leather waterskins to send back to the Wall of Fights.  The animals in need of butchering down into their component parts are our two horses, the reindeer bull and the mule.

22th Granite 201:Time to make waterskins
Now all four animals are butchered down into their components we should get to work on making leather waterskins until our stockpiles of leather are reduced to 10 units.  In addition to that we should cut down some more trees in order to make some more wooden rings out of their wood.  Some wooden bins would also also not come amiss either since the gem stockpile is now completely full up gems.

4th Slate 201:Woodcutting reminder
Over a week has now passed and yet none of the trees that I designated to be cut down have been felled in spite of how I made doing this a high priority! I have had enough, Sushis Calmshields, all your labours are cancelled aside from woodcutting until such as time as all the trees have been felled.

9th Slate 201:The trees are now felled
I have now felled all the trees that you had designated Rodes Partnergirders.  I am very happy that my woodcutting skills were put to good use for the sake of the Treasury of Knots and I now request that I be given new labours to perform.
Sushis Uddakkest "Calmshields", Furnace Operator. 

Caption: Sushis Calmshield, the dwarf who is *supposed* to cut down trees but always finds other things to do.

19th Slate 201:Tinpointed's first baby
Cun Foggywhip and I conceived a daughter who has just been born. I Afastal Braidshoots have given birth to the very first baby to be born in Tinpointed; I have named Vanist Workwasp.  I am so very happy!
Afastal Ecakulzan "Braidshoots", Herbalist.

Caption: Afastal Braidshoots, mother of Vanist Workwhip the very first baby to be born in Tinpointed.

5th Felsite 201:Welcoming the new arrivals
I welcome to the Treasury of Knots 13 new members; you will shortly be informed as to your list of labours.  I know that one married couple is among you, the ranger Vidgas Temptboards and her husband Zith Roughecru.  All in all this means we will need 12 rooms, 12 beds, 13 chairs, 13 tables, 12 doors and the space in the dining hall for 13 tables with their chairs; these should be created or mined out as soon as possible.

6th Felsite 201:A new artifact
Something came over me, I cannot remember much about what happened recently and I seem to have created some kind of oak scepter decorated with a sawwood image of that gorlak Vazkil Bitewandered being eaten by the rampager man Drenchedchain. Very odd but I feel compelled to name my work Silveryswallows the Simplicities of Deer for reasons I do not comprehend.
Ninas Isenthdibal "Holdbasements", Creator of Ongultez Fursh Okil "Silveryswallows the Simplicities of Deer". 

Caption: Ninas Holdbasements, the creator of Silveryswallows the Simplicities of Deer the oak wood scepter.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2016, 09:44:55 am »

Cool
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2016, 10:56:58 am »

9th Felsite 201:Progress on the Aqua Wheel
I am told that the smoothing of the stone of the Aqua Wheel is now complete. Before we can get to work on the temple engravings we should look to smoothing the expansion to the our dining hall that we have just carved out. Spring is coming to a close and with many so many dwarves standing idle we should see to the gathering up of the spring plants; though this task is less important than mining and engraving.

Caption: The Aqua Wheel is fully smoothed out.

23rd Felsite 201:Dining hall engraved
We have now finished smoothing the new dining hall walls and floors.  As I understand Expedition Leader Rodes, once we have completed smoothing the expanded dining hall we are to resume work on the temple, engraving images into the floor.
Buk Bimlecakab "Ringedcrowded", Engraver.

5th Hematite 201:The tavern area
With the living quarter expansion nearing completion it is time for our miners to get to work carving out what will become tavern area to the north of the temple area. Also the food storage area could do with some more barrels, so make 10 more barrels.

Caption: The expanded living quarters.

16th Hematite 201:Completion of the Aqua Wheel
I would like to give our thanks to the engravers for having finally completed the Aqua Wheel. I am unsure as to exactly what we should do now aside from creating a few more wooden bins, probably once the tavern area is carved out we should carve out another area to store our new rings in, close to the gem stockpile so that we can decorate the rings with gemstones.  Our carpenters will be kept busy once new migrants arrive so an expansion to the woodworking area would be a good after that; followed by an expansion to the stoneworking area for the same reason.  Once this season's migrants are accommodated we shoud begin to make some silverwood shields along with some crossbows. Only once trading is concluded and autumn's migrants are housed should we actually get to work on furnishing the tavern. 

Caption: The Aqua Wheel is finally completed as the tavern area is carved out to the north (the miners are Tath Birthearths and Cun Foggywhip).

15th Malachite 201:Carpentry area expansion
With the expansion of our woodworking area it is now time for our miners to do likewise with the stoneworking area downstairs.  The expanded woodworking area includes two bowyer's workshops, perfect for our bowyers in particular Thuk Palaceair to begin crossbow production.  We also need to harvest some silverwood and Sushis Calmshield has once again *not* cut down the silverwood tress I designated so all his other labours are once again suspended until all the trees I designate are down.

Caption: The expanded woodworking area.

16th Malachite 201:Welcoming 8 new members
Word has reached me that the Treasury of Knots has 8 new members on the way.  There is one married couple among this party, meaning that we need 7 beds, 7 doors, 8 tables, 8 chairs, along with 7 more bedrooms and an expansion of the dining hall.

Caption: The 2nd group of migrants of 201 arrive in Tinpointed

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2016, 08:25:31 am »

With the new 64bit dwarf fortress the game should be able to support a larger population so I have taken the liberty of increasing the population limit to 500.

9th Galena 201:Latest living quarters expansion complete
I would like to congratulate us on having completed the expansion to the living quarters needed to accommodate our new arrivals.  As a rule there is always more work to be done of course, with the carpenter's workshops now freed up work on producing wooden shields for export can begin.  That said we should make sure that there is enough wood by chopping down three nearby alder trees. Also the far northern end of the dining hall has yet to be smoothed down, this should be attended to quickly.

Caption: The expanded living quarters.

9th Galena 201:Complaint about lack of bees
I am Osur Flightcaves the high master *Beekeeper*. I see that this area is totally swarming with bees, bees and flowers.  I would say this place is bee paradise, were it not for the fact place *is* paradise for everything, including vicious magical beasts that would kill us all if they could. So Expedition Leader Rodes, why is all this honey going to waste in the hands in the hands of bees, with our mason's workshops now freed up can we not make make some rock hives?
Osur Tisrodes "Flightcaves", Beekeeper.

Caption: Osur Flightcaves the Beekeeper.

19th Galena 201:Stoneworking area expansion complete
The expansion to the stoneworking area is now complete while the food stockpile expansion made necessary by the immense about of fish we have managed to catch since our arrival. For much the same reason we are low on drinks, not for lack of the needed ingredients but because all the barrels get used to store fish in.  I have already ordered some more barrels made but as a result of this among other things our wood stockpiles are once again low; I think it is now time to make a dent in the cluster of sawwood trees north of Tinpointed's entrance.  We have produce an immense amount of wealth so far this year, including masterfully gem encrusted wooden rings and waterskins; I would say that with such bounty I am prepared to face the greedy merchants once again,

Caption: The expanded stoneworking area.

1st Limestone 201:Fishing ban reinstated
It is autumn now.  During autumn there is an increase in the amount of work that needs to be done since the fruit must be gathered up, the trade goods transported to the depot and autumn's migrants must be accommodated, all in one month. It is partly due to this that I choose this day to call the fishing ban back into effect immediately.  Do not be angry fisherfolk as the ban will be lifted in the spring. At the moment you appear to do little other than eat, drink and fish; much as I admire such great industriousness in a dwarf nobody can happily live that way forever and the gods require attention also.  Think of all the things that be doing other than fishing; and all the other types of work that need doing.  It is now time to begin the annual fruit harvest Treasury of Knots as we await the caravan's arrival.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 03:15:18 pm by GoblinCookie »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2016, 09:21:37 am »

Now, this is different.

Some overseers make use of dialogue.

Others use images heavily.

This fort, though, reminds me of announcement boards or newspapers in the way the updates are done, though dwarves have neither. I'm not familiar with the mod though, what are all those downstairs and upstairs in the caverns?

Btw, you might desire to expand the Aqua Wheel a little - currently, the statues are placed so that there is no 5x5 dance area, right?

Also, it seems like you mixed up the expanded living quarters and the expanded stoneworking area.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2016, 07:15:04 am »

Now, this is different.

Some overseers make use of dialogue.

Others use images heavily.

This fort, though, reminds me of announcement boards or newspapers in the way the updates are done, though dwarves have neither. I'm not familiar with the mod though, what are all those downstairs and upstairs in the caverns?

Btw, you might desire to expand the Aqua Wheel a little - currently, the statues are placed so that there is no 5x5 dance area, right?

Also, it seems like you mixed up the expanded living quarters and the expanded stoneworking area.

I do not have any instruments at present so the temple dance floor is rather besides the point. 

The 'downstairs and upstairs' are a cavern plant called chattering teeth.  They are not my work but Knight Otu's, integrated along with his Direforged mod. 

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2016, 03:17:38 pm »

Even if you don't have any instruments, dwarves will still Sing and Dance and Simulate <instrument> :)

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2016, 02:40:41 pm »

8th Limestone 201:Dwarf stuck up tree
It is one of those rules in life that however well you run a fortress, sooner or later somebody will manage to get in trouble for no apparent reason. While playing with his duck Murngir Questorbs, Kotodo, Deerpulley has managed to get stuck up an apricot tree! Do not think to yourself unproductive thoughts like "why can he not just climb down again if he climbed up", as the world is full of strange things that defy rational explanation and build him a staircase to walk down. The stone left over from what was once the wood burner would do fine for this task.

Caption: A dwarf stuck up a tree with his pet duck.  The yellow cross to the top-right corner is the cursor, not a terrain feature.

10th Limestone 201:Dwarf down from tree
Treasury of Knots, you left me up a tree for two days! No food, no drink and nobody but my duck Murngir to keep me company! All in all this means that I now owe Tinpointed 2 days of lost work, so I am off to pick fruit immediately.

Kotodem Okitcig "Deerpulley", Fish Cleaner.

Caption: Kotodem Deerpulley, the silly dwarf with the pet duck that got stuck up a tree.

14th Limestone 201:Our 2nd Caravan arrives
The caravan from the Wall of Fights is here at last.  I look forward to to meeting Royal Liason Del Bellbridged once again and showing her all that we have accomplished so far.  It is now time to move the goods we made for export to the depot so that the greedy merchants can have them, the goods to be moved are shields, crossbows, waterskins, large gems and rings.  Additionally all workorders related to the production or improvement of such items are now cancelled.

Caption: The second coming of the caravan.

17th Limestone 201:Trading is concluded
I will never forget the look of pure greed on that greedy merchant's face when he saw one of the water skins we made this year, he was willing to part with a small mountain of valuable, useful goods in order to get his hands on it; what madness it is that all you have to do is add a few pretty pictures to an item and then you can increase it's value by over 13 times even though it only does the same thing as a regular item. I bought practically everything likely to be of use, but the caravan brought so much cloth with it that even with goods as valuable as ours there was still plenty left in the hands of the caravan. I try not to think about how likely it is all our wonderfully crafted goods are going to end up in the hands of horrid howling ogres or worse yet treacherous, morally relativistic rock gnomes but I guess the goods we imported will not. The statues near the entrance should be removed as they got in the way of the wagons and forced them to come over the hill instead. During trading I purchased 3 or 4 picks from the caravan, which means I can now increase our staff of miners by that amount.  Miners I decided earlier should be people who are strong but otherwise deficient for military service; that means Ifensak Earthenbows and Esakrod Floormatch are now miners. Since we now have so much cloth we should carve out a new level below the gem cutting level in order to store all that cloth and turn it into clothing.

19th Limestone 201:Welcoming new migrants
Autumn's expected migrants are now here, as ever I now welcome them to the Treasury of Knots and inform them as to our standard labours.  There are 9 of you in total, with two being children and their parents being the only married couple among you. That adds up to 5 bedrooms with a door and a bed each, plus 9 items of the other furniture; along with an expansion to the dining hall to make it fit.  Two of you, Bit Growledrooms and Ozor Channellocks also qualify to become miners, you should find your picks waiting for you inside.

Caption: The third group of migrants of 201 arrive at Tinpointed.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2016, 03:30:02 pm »

What will you use the picks for, though?

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2016, 01:02:21 pm »

4th Sandstone 201:Migrants are housed
Aside from the smoothing down of the rock, the expansion to the dining area necessary to accommodate our new members is now complete. Downstairs our miners, new and old proceed at a steady pace to carve out what will become our new cloth storage area. Most of us are presently hard at work gathering fruit outside but once this task is done for the year we can get to work on the beehive area and the tavern.  We should now produce 13 more barrels to fill up the remaining space in the food storage area and 20 new bins in order to store the large amount of goods that we recently purchased in. It would also be a good idea to finally turn whatever pig tails we have so far grown into thread.

Caption: The dining hall and living quarters are expanded eastwards.

22nd Sandstone 201:Cloth storage area complete
The clothing area is now complete with all it's workshop constructed, the smoothing down of the dining hall expansion is also complete as is the gathering of fruit for the year. However we should keep an eye on Fotir Cryptcurled and make sure she has the materials she demands since unproductive productive thoughts appear to have overcome her. Now it time to get to work on the tavern, starting with the basic architecture, that means we should construct an upward stairway in the dining hall leading upwards to the stairway coming down from the tavern. The miners should dig out some rooms east of the tavern room to house guests, I would suggest that 8 is enough for now.  Once the rooms are completely carved out the smoothing of the stone can begin but there is no reason for us to wait to start making tables and chairs. Remember also that a tavern has to have at least one large empty area for dancing in. It must also have space for statues as well as containers for goblets and instruments to go into.

Caption: The new cloth storage area at the bottom of the fortress.

2nd Timber 201:Introducing Shutscalded the Ochre Pattern
I feel alright again now. I made a leggings out of some kangaroo bone, heavily decorated with marble cabochons, kaolinite spikes and shards of more kangaroo bone. I put images on these leggings, two barn owls carved out of emerald and a marble image of the great Captain Avucath Goalrooms assuming his command in 72. I do not feel that one such as I could have ever created such a thing, there is something so strange about this place. Somehow I do not feel like I could have *not* created these leggings, which I feel compelled to call Shutscalded the Ochre Pattern.
Fotir Udimishsolat "Cryptcurled", Creator of Telalalim Ithikreim "Shutscalded the Ochre Pattern"

Caption: Fotir Cryptcurled the creator of a kangaroo leggings artifact.

11th Timber 201:Opening the Bearded Eater
Expedition Leader Rodes has decided that even though the walls are not yet smoothed the tavern is now ready to be opened.  She has named me, Gwolfski Roadbalanced the Tavern Keeper of the tavern, which she has decided to call the Bearded Eater. It is now time for us all to learn that while laboring tirelessly for the Treasury of Knots is important at the end of the day there is time off for more than just sleeping.
Gwolfski Ninaszost "Roadbalanced", Tavern Keeper

Caption: The new tavern keeper of the Bearded Eater Gwolfski Roadbalanced.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2016, 10:57:25 pm »

Who's/How good is your beekeeper?

And yeah, more than just sleeping! Praying!

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2016, 07:49:02 am »

Who's/How good is your beekeeper?

And yeah, more than just sleeping! Praying!

Rodes would classify praying as work.  ;)

I have one grand master beekeeper and another one that I am not sure about; as for their identities both of them star in the next update.   :)

12th Timber 201:Where are our hives?
I am addressing you in person Rodes Partnergirders! Osur Flightcaves and I were promised hives to keep bees in but I see dwarves lounging about in our new tavern with no sign of progress being made on this matter.  I so very much miss the simple pleasures of keeping bees; such as pulling the wings off lazy bees that refuse to work for the good of the hive. Are the hives now going to be immediately installed or will I make it known Rodes that you are woman of empty words?
Icatar Tasgul "Allyirons", Beekeeper.

Caption: Icatar Allyirons, the second beekeeper of the Treasury of Knots.

15th Moonstone 201:The hives are now installed
The hives are now installed though progress was slower than it could have been. Expedition Leader Rodes idea of building a separate 'bee fortress' sealed off from the trade depot by a separate bridge controlled by the same lever as our existing entrance bridge was inspired, when last month she instructed the miners to execute the plan it suffered from their lack of understanding of bee nature.  While bees are happy to live underground they are not happy to fly a long distance through the darkness in order reach a shaft leading to the surface; the hives must be placed close to the shaft in order that they will use it.  Once I had carried out the work orders to place the hives in their incorrectly designated locations I informed the miners as to this fact and this led to the whole area needing to be redesigned.  Despite these complications however I am very grateful to the Treasury of Knots for having finally met my request for hives.
Osur Tisrodes "Flightcaves", Beekeeper.

Caption: Tinpointed's 'bee fortress'. The bees come and go through two walled off passages to the surface and their hives are placed around the passage.

16th Moonstone 201:Plans for the winter
With all the objectives laid out in this year's plan complete and all reasonable petitions from individual dwarves met I find myself forced to issue a plan specifically for the winter. This is because I see a fortress consumed by idleness, spending it's time in endless joviality within the Bearded Eater and the fact that it's walls are now all smoothed down will do nothing to make the situation any better. It is probably self-evident to all engravers that the time is now upon them to start engraving the common room of the Bearded Eater in order to impress our guests which now consist of an encar, an auride and a human, along with Royal Liason Del Bellbridged; the dining hall could also do with some more engravings as well. A screw press should be installed in the bee fortress and some mechanisms constructed as well which will allow us to erect a second screw press in the same area; rock jugs must be made to harvest the honey from the hives once it is ready as well. A bridge of rock blocks could be built over the river, at least 3 units wide so as to accommodate wagons. We need more instruments for our tavern on top of the ones we imported last autumn, we should start by baking some atlades at the kiln and once these are done I will have to figure out the other components to the instrument parts we imported. We should also keep an eye on our drinks stockpile, keeping it above 200 units at all time. We are all sick of the sound of the chattering teeth that are growing in the earth hallways, so we need to pave down the earth hallways with something, preferably with the many silverwood planks we have in stock. We should to start thinking about processing the adamantine from the vein we appear to have built Tinpointed right on top of for later military application, to this end we should carve an adamantine stockpile out of the vein with adjacent craftdwarf's workshops.

Caption: The newly smoothed down Bearded Eater.

27th Moonstone 201:Adamantine stockpile complete
The adamantine processing area has now been carved out from the adamantine vein and what a vein it is! Our strand extractors should now get to work extracting adamantine strands from the raw adamantine and our smelters should then bind them into wafers. We will need more smelters to do the latter since we presently once have one and our miners should carve out an area nearby for some more smelters. All three atlades are now made, made out of porcelain as they they are actually more valuable than any of our other instruments.  The matter of the assembly of the other instruments is a complicated one but I have determined we should forge a set of moshos strings out of metal and then when they are done assemble then at a nearby craftsdwarf workshop.  Also make me a splint, I like splints. 

Caption: The new adamantine stockpile and processing area

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2016, 12:01:03 am »

Ah. Better enable only one beekeeper. Multiple keepers  result in production loss due them going for the same hive at once (bug). See how it works out and if you have to take Icatar out of work, I guess.

Does the bee-hole have any non-lever defences against keas/giant keas/rocs? They'll be inside the fortress before lever is pulled, let alone a bridge slowly raises.

Just FYI: The bearded eater looks pretty, but tctct results in dwarves complaining about the scarcity of tables.
And I agree on dislike of idleness. The wagons will only need the bridge if you provide the bridge, though I suppose with planning it can act as emergency exit in siege.

As for extracting adamantine strands, I prefer to do it in the deep with special bed, drink and food stockpile - keeps threads away from hospital, and so many more (1000, I think) can be hauled up at once in a minecart.

Of course, that does require one to first extract, them melt, so there's significant disadvantages.

PS: So many mason shops in one place. Surprising.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2016, 06:09:20 am »

Ah. Better enable only one beekeeper. Multiple keepers  result in production loss due them going for the same hive at once (bug). See how it works out and if you have to take Icatar out of work, I guess.

Does the bee-hole have any non-lever defences against keas/giant keas/rocs? They'll be inside the fortress before lever is pulled, let alone a bridge slowly raises.

Just FYI: The bearded eater looks pretty, but tctct results in dwarves complaining about the scarcity of tables.
And I agree on dislike of idleness. The wagons will only need the bridge if you provide the bridge, though I suppose with planning it can act as emergency exit in siege.

As for extracting adamantine strands, I prefer to do it in the deep with special bed, drink and food stockpile - keeps threads away from hospital, and so many more (1000, I think) can be hauled up at once in a minecart.

Of course, that does require one to first extract, them melt, so there's significant disadvantages.

PS: So many mason shops in one place. Surprising.

I need to add internal walls with a no animals door around my stockpile in the bee fortress to stop keas from being able to steal things from that stockpile, I cannot keep them out with a bridge because they can fly over it, plus they can fly in through the hole in the roof anyway that allows the bees to fly to the surface.  I do not think keas can steal honey from hives since the honey does not exist until it is harvested so it is only the stockpile I have to worry about. 

How do I design the dining halls not to have the problem?  The basic idea is to make sure there are never two chairs adjacent to a single table even if the number of tables to chairs is in fact equal.  I tried that with my original dining hall layout but I kept getting the not enough chairs message anyway so I gave up and went for a more space efficient setup with the tavern. 

I have to remember to forbid adamantine strands in my hospital thread stockpile when I build it.  I am not so sure about the caravan and the bridges, I remember a caravan once that could not get to the depot and I had to build a bridge for it.  In any case the bridge provides access to the hives (and lumber) on the other side of the river so is worth building.  There are so many masons workshops so that my dwarves (everyone has masonry labour activated) can more quickly produce new furniture for migrants leaving me with more time in the year for other things. 

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2016, 06:40:24 am »

Chaining up an animal at the bottom might work as well, causing kea and animal see each other and both get scared. Though, note that with guard dogs this may also result in them being unreactive and getting killed by keas. Perhaps mid-air hanging weapon trap on top of the hole could also help (not sure if it'd make the center tile count as inside).

Still, neither those nor a locked door will hold back titan. (A hatch visited from below can, though, provided it isn't melted.)

It's orthogonal,, just like support. TCCTTCCT...for each row will mostly work (If you assign any chair as room to bookkeeper or whatnot make sure to assign the respective table too. Also, some dwarves like crowding. I recall getting still about two bad thoughts for 160 good.)

Mayhaps the depot was unbuilt when they came? When I've done three wide path from depot to map edge, I've had caravan always spawn on it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4