Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Making a bedroom?  (Read 287 times)

Antmf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Making a bedroom?
« on: April 09, 2016, 01:29:53 pm »

ok I know how to designate hit q the r then plus minus but do I have to do that for all the beds 1 at a time or  can I hit D for dorm and then the whole room including all the beds will be used by dwarfs or do I have to assign?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Making a bedroom?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 01:36:24 pm »

If you want private bedrooms, you need to designate them all one by one. You do not need to assign them, as dwarves will claim a room of their own accord. You can designate particular rooms to particular dwarves though, and will need to do so for certain important ones to meet their needs. Individual bedrooms are desirable as a decent quality room gives happy thoughts. I typically give all non-important dwarves at least the opportunity to claim a 2x2 room with a bed and cabinet (for storing things in, if they desire). Some never claim, if in the military so sleep in a barracks for example. Dorms where you designate a whole room with multiple beds in do not get claimed, provide mass sleeping with ease, but offer no happy thoughts or storage space. Hope this helps.
This is a blank sig.