Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What kind of dwarf would you be...  (Read 2750 times)

Ezekhiel2517

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What kind of dwarf would you be...
« on: April 07, 2016, 08:27:00 am »

...based on your real life skills, hobbies and personal tastes?

For example, in my case:
SWIMMER (from freediving)
FISHERDWARF (from spearfishing)
COOK (I´m a great cook!)
ENGRAVER (from amateur drawing)

If I could choose I would also be a BREWER and FARMER (no experience at all, but love those activities), and would offer myself to explore new caverns.
“Far, far below the deepest delvings of the dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

Atomisk

• Bay Watcher
  • Majora
    • View Profile
Re: What kind of dwarf would you be...
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 11:57:59 am »

I'd be a

Novice Mechanic I'm building a mod. That counts.
Grand Master Writer I have produced masterworks.
Proficient Persuader I can be convincing.
Competent Singer I sing to myself a lot but people I sing to tell me I'm good. liars...
Expert Wordsmith And thus she sought to extend her life through extensive prose, becoming immortal through many endless scripts.
Novice Musician I want to get into music
Dabbling wind-instrumentalist Well I'm getting an... a flute. yeah. a flute.
Proficient Herbalist ..... dwarves smoke some kind of plant don't they? ::)
Dabbling comedian People tell me I'm funny. I don't get it.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 12:01:08 pm by Atomisk »
Signatures are for people with things to show off. I'll show off something.

Ezekhiel2517

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 03:57:14 pm »

I'd be a

Novice Mechanic I'm building a mod. That counts.
Grand Master Writer I have produced masterworks.
Proficient Persuader I can be convincing.
Competent Singer I sing to myself a lot but people I sing to tell me I'm good. liars...
Expert Wordsmith And thus she sought to extend her life through extensive prose, becoming immortal through many endless scripts.
Novice Musician I want to get into music
Dabbling wind-instrumentalist Well I'm getting an... a flute. yeah. a flute.
Proficient Herbalist ..... dwarves smoke some kind of plant don't they? ::)
Dabbling comedian People tell me I'm funny. I don't get it.
Dont know why I suspect your mod have something to do with smoking...
“Far, far below the deepest delvings of the dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 08:01:50 pm »

I'd be a Manager and Book keeper because I like to organize things and keep track of stocks. And possibly a broker. I'm a cashier. I'm learning over time to figure the values of things.

Atomisk

• Bay Watcher
  • Majora
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 08:50:44 pm »

Dont know why I suspect your mod have something to do with smoking...

It has nothing to do with smoking ;D
Signatures are for people with things to show off. I'll show off something.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 03:09:11 am »

Dabbling mason.
Expert reader.
Talented cook.
Novice mechanic.
Legendary weirdo.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Ezekhiel2517

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 08:06:24 am »

Dabbling mason.
Expert reader.
Talented cook.
Novice mechanic.
Legendary weirdo.

never noticed the READER skill before. What is the function of a reader dwarf in DF?

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 09:23:02 am »

It used to be only good for learning necromancy from slabs and artifact books. Now it's useful for learning other things from books too, as well as a corollary to writing. One shouldn't be able to write without reading, ja?

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 12:00:24 pm »

It could, and can also be used to read signs on the buildings in large towns.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 02:30:23 pm »

Latias1290, Student

Write topic reply
Skilled Mechanic
Adequate Building Designer
Dabbling Archer (Very Rusty)
Competent Fighter
Competent Kicker
Competent Striker
Adequate Dodger
Competent Musician
Proficient Percussionist
Skilled Logician
Competent Observer
Competent Critical Thinker
Adequate Chemist

c: Combat  b: Labor m: Misc

g: gen i: Inv p: Prf w: Wnd z: St
ESC: Done

Latias1290 has been quite content lately.
He is a citizen of the Netherlands. He is a member of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
He is 15 years old, born on the 21st of April in the year 2000.
He is very tall and lean. His beard is clean-shaven. His mustache is clean-shaven. His hair is neatly combed. His skin is pale chestnut. His eyes are green.
He is strong, quick to heal, tough, and almost never sick, but he is quick to tire.
Latias1290 likes gold, adamantine, platinum, aluminium, puzzleboxes, and foxes for their cunning. When possible, he prefers to consume pinapple. He absolutely detests spiders.
He has a great feel for music, a sharp intellect, good intuition, an amazing spatial sense, an astounding feel for the position of own body, but he has a very bad sense of empathy, a meager ability with social relationships, a little difficulty with words, a poor memory, meager creativity, and poor focus.
He is self-conscious. He has a very calm demeanor. He is very slow to anger. He occasionally overindulges. He is absolutely impervious to the effects of stress. He is somewhat reserved. He prefers to be alone. He is assertive. He is very active. He isn't given to flights of fancy. He does not have a great aesthetic sensitivity. He tends not to openly express emotions. He is open-minded to new ideas. He is modest. He is very confident. He is disorganized. He is occasionally given to procrastination. He often does the first thing that comes to mind.

A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 03:05:14 pm by latias1290 »
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 04:02:05 pm »

(shamelessly rips off formatting!)

Baffler, Student

On Break
Proficient Chemist
Competent Writer
Adequate Wordsmith
Adequate Wood Crafter

Adequate Archer
Adequate Marksdwarf
Adequate Fighter (Rusty)
Novice Kicker (Rusty)
Novice Striker (Rusty)
Novice Dodger (Rusty)
Novice Swimmer (V. Rusty)

Baffler has been quite content lately.
He is a citizen of the State of Ohio. He is a member of the United States of America.
He is 20 years old, born on the 28th of July in the year 1995.
He is skinny. His medium-length beard is neatly combed. His mustache is neatly combed. His long hair is neatly combed. His skin is peach. His eyes are blue. His head is somewhat tall. His hair is burnt sienna.
He is almost never sick, but he is weak.
Baffler likes brass, banyan trees, the color purple, chrysoberyl, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, black tea, and potatoes. He absolutely detests mosquitoes.
He has a sharp intellect, good intuition, and the ability to focus, and a deep well of patience, but he has a meager ability with social relationships, meager creativity, and little willpower.
He is quick to form negative opinions about things. He is rarely happy or enthusiastic. He often feels discouraged. He doesn't focus on material goods. He tends to avoid physical confrontations. He doesn't mind a little tumult and discord in day-to-day living. He is quite polite. He tends to ask others for help with difficult decisions. He is pleased by his own appearance and talents. He is not driven and rarely feels the need to pursue even modest success. He finds humor in most situations. He tends to consider what others think of him. He has a strong tendency toward privacy. He has a strong sense of duty. He likes to keep things practical, without delving too deeply into the abstract.

A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 02:11:16 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 04:49:42 pm »

[original formatting do not steal pls copyright 100-20125]

ZM5, Student

Strange mood
Adequate Writer
Novice Wordsmith
Novice Swordsman (V. Rusty)
Novice Mechanic (I guess since, mods)
Novice Student
Adequate Leader

ZM5 has been fine lately.
He is a citizen of the city of Warsaw. He is a member of the Republic of Poland.
He is 20 years old, born on the 1st of March in the year 1996.
He is stout. His short-length beard is neatly combed. His mustache is neatly combed. His short hair is neatly combed. His skin is pale pink. His eyes are blue. His head is round. His hair is dark brown.
He is almost never sick, has good creativity, and a way with words, but he is weak, has a meager ability with social relationships, a large deficit of willpower and poor empathy.
ZM5 likes obsidian, apple trees, the color purple, and dragons for their terrible majesty. When possible he prefers to consume apples, green tea, and turkey meat. He absolutely detests hornets.
He is quick to form negative opinions about things. He is often nervous. He is dour as a rule, and is conflicted by this for more than one reason. He is often sad and dejected. He doesn't focus on material goods. He likes to brawl. He doesn't mind a little tumult and discord in day-to-day living. He could be considered rude. He tends to ask others for help with difficult decisions. He takes no pleasure in his talents and appearance. He generally acts impartially and is rarely moved to mercy. He does not generally respond to emotional appeals. He isn't particularly ambitious. He is somewhat quarrelsome. He is gripped by a crippling shyness. He has a strong tendency toward privacy. He feels a strong need to reciprocate any favor done for him. He has a profound sense of duty and obligation. He likes to keep things practical, without delving too deeply into the abstract.

A small humanoid creature with a mischievous, toothy grin.

Ezekhiel2517

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2016, 09:50:24 am »

as soon as this hangover goes away I´ll be stealing your replies format and make my own description, very funny  :D

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2016, 07:00:38 pm »

HMMMMMMMMMMM

yes why not

Shook, Doofus
◦ ◡ ◦

On Break
Legendary Scatterbrain
Adequate Engraver
Adequate Reader
Adequate Driver (rusty)
Dabbling Writer
Dabbling Carpenter

Adequate Swimmer too i guess

Shook has been fine lately.
He is a citizen of Denmark.
He is 23 years old, born on the 14th of June in the year 1992.
He is skinny. His face bears an unsightly stubble. His short hair is lazily combed. His skin is pale. His eyes are blue. His head is large. His hair is dark blonde. His eyebrows are awe-inspiring.
He is agile, but he is weak, flimsy and extremely quick to tire.
Shook likes sugar, the colour aquamarine, dinosaurs for their awesome and eyebrows for their magnificence. When possible he prefers to consume easily digestible foods because his bowels are evil. He absolutely detests mosquitoes, wasps and spiders.
He has good creativity, a way with words, a good spatial sense and a feel for music, but he has little willpower and a shortage of patience.
He is loopy and enjoys breaking the fourth wall. He is lazy. He is overly concerned about what others may be thinking. He cracks easily under pressure. He has a low opinion of himself. He daydreams frequently. He can't be arsed to finish the entire list of descriptors because he is lazy.

A tall and lanky creature prone to procrastination.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 07:14:28 pm by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2016, 07:49:41 am »

You all did it wrong. None of you bolded the menu buttons.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.
Pages: [1] 2