Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Doomhold The Successor to Horrorfailed (42.06)  (Read 13691 times)

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doomhold The Successor to Horrorfailed (42.06)
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2016, 06:32:34 pm »

Oh gods... well, you asked for it. I'm presently consorting with the Academy of Dwarven Sciences to make it a reality. We'll probably begin this weekend.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2016, 09:48:27 pm »

My favorite succession forts are the ones where the primary method of defense is getting our enemies to kill each other.
We need to resurect immortalityTowers just to test Project Fuck The World...

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2016, 10:26:53 am »

I REQUIRE IMMEDIATE DORFING

Name, Niner, Custom Profession of "Glorious Overlord" and actual profession of Militiadwarf.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2016, 11:34:51 am »

We'll probably begin this weekend.

It's happening!

Did I sign up for this yet?  I'm lost in all these "doom" this, "hell" that, "fail" here, and "cannon" there.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2016, 11:09:40 am »

Dorf me immediately
Please
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2016, 11:00:35 pm »

We have the embark; husking fog, poisonous slime, an aquifer layer, two reanimating zones covering the entire map, necromancers (their boss is a mediocre writer). Props to gchristopher for helping out. And as a bonus we have a butcher queen with a goblin general (this civilization's Wormtongue perhaps?). Now I just need to figure out what caused my FPS to drop from 300 to 30 over the course of a single year, may have just been a fluke ::)

Yeah Sanctume, you're on the list.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 11:42:56 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2016, 11:26:52 pm »

Jesus Christ. If the map is fully  reanimating, we're going to need to design pretty much everything around that.

No butcher shops for starters, and every single dwarf is gonna need to be armed and if possible armored. Early overseers might want to look into a well of unlife, or better yet hope the necromancers come with a book containing the secrets of life and death.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 11:29:33 pm by Archereon »
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2016, 09:00:16 am »

10 dorf bucks that we won't last 5 years
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2016, 01:32:43 pm »

I propose every overseer build their own independent, fully functioning section of fortress, so that if there's a zombie outbreak then we can just quarantine it and forget about it. :P

There seem to be a good few anti-fun bugs in the current DF; for instance, there's one that can permanently prevent you from being able to get visitors, but I caught it and squished it. And I figured out what was causing the heavy slowdown (it involves animal people underground setting off a chain reaction by killing things). It's pretty crazy, but seems to be preventable. Going to want to run some more tests before we begin, so we might not be starting just yet.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 08:50:20 pm by Spish »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2016, 06:16:33 am »

Ill try to take the second turn. My stuff has been completed.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2016, 07:52:56 am »

I... am very psyched about this.  Been a while since I looked forward to a turn at one of these, but yes - soon.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2016, 10:27:24 am »

Oi, one more thing. It just dawned on me, with the way armies work in this version we may not see a goblin siege for a while, if ever. There's like, a wall of elven settlements between us and them, and they aren't doing all that well to begin with. I can redo the history seed to turn our area into goblin central, but we'd probably have to lose the necromancers. I suppose it's inevitable we piss off the elves and the humans, at the very least.

Edit: Now that I think about it, it's unlikely we'll be reaching the population trigger for gobbos anyway, let's just roll with it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 04:17:54 pm by Spish »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2016, 10:51:30 am »

Oi, one more thing. It just dawned on me, with the way armies work in this version we may not see a goblin siege for a while, if ever. There's like, a wall of elven settlements between us and them, and they aren't doing all that well to begin with. I can redo the history seed, but we'd probably lose the necromancers. I suppose it's inevitable we piss off the elves and the humans, at the very least.

If we don't piss off the elves, we wouldn't be able to call our selves dwarfs.

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2016, 08:25:02 pm »

You dont need a complex plan to piss off the elves. You simply need to throw the save at a random player and wait.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2016, 10:02:31 pm »

You dont need a complex plan to piss off the elves. You simply need to throw the save at a random player and wait.

Is there any others way

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7