Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Doomhold The Successor to Horrorfailed (42.06)  (Read 13685 times)

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doomhold The Successor to Horrorfailed (42.06)
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2016, 11:31:27 pm »

Anyone else feel like taking a stab at finding a suitably insane embark? I'm still looking, but it may take me a while at this rate.

Stumbled upon a terrifying plain with giant zombies AND necromancer neighbors, although having both strikes me as a little bit redundant. It's hard to tell if any of these places have mist, because I usually die or move on before they show up. :P
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 11:42:43 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2016, 11:47:40 pm »

Requesting to be dorfed.

Anyone else feel like taking a stab at finding a suitably insane embark? I'm still looking, but it may take me a while at this rate.

Stumbled upon a terrifying plain with giant zombies AND necromancer neighbors, although having both strikes me as a little bit redundant. It's hard to tell if these places have mist, because I usually die or move on before they show up. :P

I'm not so free these days, but I can try to roll something up. What kind of requirements does doomhold need besides dual reanimating weather biomes and an evil shoreline?

Also it isn't a sequel to Battlefailed, Horrorfailed and the like without "fail" somewhere in the title. Just saying.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2016, 12:17:51 am »

Requesting to be dorfed.

Stumbled upon a terrifying plain with giant zombies AND necromancer neighbors, although having both strikes me as a little bit redundant. It's hard to tell if these places have mist, because I usually die or move on before they show up. :P

I'm not so free these days, but I can try to roll something up. What kind of requirements does doomhold need besides dual reanimating weather biomes and an evil shoreline?

Also it isn't a sequel to Battlefailed, Horrorfailed and the like without "fail" somewhere in the title. Just saying.
Yeah, that's why we are aiming for Doomedfailed or something

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2016, 06:21:47 am »

I give the new thread to Spish, he's already got the embark ready and everything.

I can't do it if I'm responsible. I am about to get slammed with RL issues like finals and college. I still request a dorfing as Ryukan the Bookkeeper.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 10:41:59 am by TheImmortalRyukan »
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2016, 10:25:26 am »

Very well, I'll handle the management duties from here on out.

Turn list (updated):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dwarf list:

Here's the parameters I'm using if anyone else would like to search. Disable the top seed to generate a different world.
The Suicidal Hills look promising (aquifer, reanimation, necromancer, deadly nefarious mist, borders a terrifying ocean, unstoppable ogre zombies, etc.). It may be possible to modify the mist to make thralls, though I haven't found a way to do that without wrecking the save.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 12:28:33 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2016, 10:41:20 am »

Very well, I'll handle the management duties from here on out.

Turn list:

Dwarf list:

Here's the parameters I'm using if anyone else would like to search. Disable the top seed to generate a different world.
The Suicidal Hills look promising (aquifer, reanimation, necromancer, deadly nefarious mist, borders a terrifying ocean, unstoppable ogre zombies, giant roaches, etc.). It may be possible to modify the mist to make thralls, though I'm not sure how to do that without wrecking the save.
Put me at the bottom of the list.
I have stuff to do.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2016, 12:53:13 pm »

So if you're too busy to play, and Ryukan's probably too busy to play... then that means... oh bloody hell.

Hey, Bloodyhells, there's a name. Battlefailed, Failcannon, Hellcannon, it fits the pattern.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 03:36:39 pm by Spish »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2016, 01:41:25 pm »

Yeah!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2016, 02:16:30 pm »

So if you're too busy to play, and Ryuken's probably too busy to play... then that means... oh bloody hell.

Hey, Bloodyhells, there's a name. Battlefailed, Failcannon, Hellcannon, it fits the pattern.

BOOM I approve

Also be sure to start a new thread and post the link here, and put me on the overseer list for now
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2016, 09:17:26 pm »

Well I sure feel silly now, I just found out there can only be one type of evil weather per region. And here I was furiously searching for a biome that had two-in-one :P
I'm working tomorrow, but I'll probably single out a location relatively soon.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 05:15:00 am by Spish »

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2016, 04:02:46 pm »

Well I sure feel silly now, I just found out there can only be one type of evil weather per region. And here I was furiously searching for a biome that had two-in-one :P
I'm working tomorrow, but I'll probably single out a location relatively soon.

I think the place you posted earlier sounds just peachy in terms of the potential for FUN. Possibly also !!FUN!!
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2016, 08:14:44 pm »

Aye, I agree. The Suicidal Hills/Tragic Ocean embark is the one. Still, I could try to obtain a version of history where this area has husking clouds; if we want to shoot for maximum !!FUN!! Or shall we just settle for the melty mist?

Some food for thought: I found an evil mountain with husk-inducing Nefarious Fog at the far north side of the world. Oddly enough the two dwarves I sent to investigate became husked and proceeded to fight eachother to the death. Then I sent the remaining dwarves to kill it, and the husk effortlessly murdered everyone despite not having functioning legs. So I sent a reclaim to take it on; 7 armed dwarves and they didn't even stand a chance (by then the husk was an elite wrestler). Think that might be a little too much fun? Imagine if a titan gets husked.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2016, 10:54:10 pm »

Aye, I agree. The Suicidal Hills/Tragic Ocean embark is the one. Still, I could try to obtain a version of history where this area has husking clouds; if we want to shoot for maximum !!FUN!! Or shall we just settle for the melty mist?

Some food for thought: I found an evil mountain with husk-inducing Nefarious Fog at the far north side of the world. Oddly enough the two dwarves I sent to investigate became husked and proceeded to fight eachother to the death. Then I sent the remaining dwarves to kill it, and the husk effortlessly murdered everyone despite not having functioning legs. So I sent a reclaim to take it on; 7 armed dwarves and they didn't even stand a chance (by then the husk was an elite wrestler). Think that might be a little too much fun? Imagine if a titan gets husked.
The world needs this map. The world needs husking titans.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2016, 12:45:45 am »

The world needs this map. The world needs husking titans.
Then it's settled.
Let the !!FUN!! Begin
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2016, 05:33:55 pm »

My favorite succession forts are the ones where the primary method of defense is getting our enemies to kill each other.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7