Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Doomhold The Successor to Horrorfailed (42.06)  (Read 13730 times)

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doomhold The Successor to Horrorfailed (42.06)
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2016, 11:37:12 pm »

Fair warning, I haven't played at all in the newest version, and since we're apparently going to be working with a dead civ, that's probably not good.
Hey, I remember you!
Neither have I, should prove to be a Fun experience.

Since this world may not work, we should go back and reconvene on the world specs and the embark. I'd say the world should definitlely be medium-sized though. Normally we go large, but I think it would lead to too much slowdown with world activation. And reanimating terrain or zombifying mist on at least a portion of the embark is a must. Maybe when I have time I'll go into DF and run some tests.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 12:09:38 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2016, 03:43:21 am »

You know, I'd be happy to have a turn too.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2016, 04:25:42 am »

Did I claim a turn? If no, can I get one?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2016, 09:24:37 am »

To all,

Yes you are all signed up
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2016, 11:47:33 am »

Please, just call it Doomedfailed or something.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2016, 03:28:33 pm »

Please, just call it Doomedfailed or something.

Sure thing, I'll get right on it

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2016, 03:37:24 pm »

I agree, Doomhold doesn't really sound very Battlefailed-y. Alternatively, something like Cursedfailed/Hellfailed/Plaguefailed/Ashfailed/Doomcannon/Dunecannon/Doomedcannons/Hellcanyon. Could also throw in an over-the-top title like "The Failed-Craft of Horror". What kind of location do we want? I think an evil desert or coastal embark would be interesting. (wait, are giant desert scorpions still not a thing anymore?)

Any tileset preferences? If we do any kind of modding, it'll make switching between them difficult.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 05:20:14 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2016, 05:24:16 pm »

Fair warning, I haven't played at all in the newest version, and since we're apparently going to be working with a dead civ, that's probably not good.
Hey, I remember you!
Neither have I, should prove to be a Fun experience.

Since this world may not work, we should go back and reconvene on the world specs and the embark. I'd say the world should definitlely be medium-sized though. Normally we go large, but I think it would lead to too much slowdown with world activation. And reanimating terrain or zombifying mist on at least a portion of the embark is a must. Maybe when I have time I'll go into DF and run some tests.

We must also ensure we're close to a tower, a dark fortress, and have a salt-water aquifier covering the entire map.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2016, 05:39:28 pm »

Asking for a turn may be a bit of a strech, given my current lack of free time or a house right now, but do dwarf me when you start this thing. I shall cut and burn trees like any real dwarf should!

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2016, 05:48:18 pm »

I received the Aluonra worldgen parameters from Andreus, who wishes to be dwarfed with the profession "Endlessly Resurrected" and kept secluded in a personal library area.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Some seeds may or may not be outdated, the name (Aluonra, the Windy World) appears to be correct though. I'd like to test it to see if it runs at a decent speed on my laptop.

Edit: Ugh, got all the way to 1050 and then it crashed at the final steps. Well, here we go again...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 08:28:18 pm by Spish »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2016, 06:31:42 pm »

I received the Aluonra worldgen parameters from Andreus, who wishes to be dwarfed with the profession "Endlessly Resurrected" and kept secluded in a personal library area.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Some seeds may or may not be outdated, the name (Aluonra, the Windy World) appears to be correct though. I'd like to test it to see if it runs at a decent speed on my laptop.

Edit: Worldgen crashed around year 180, didn't happen again.

Keel, when I have time, I'll gen the world and create a new thread, look for it Sunday evening maybe

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2016, 10:08:42 pm »

We can just stick to this thread until it's time to begin. Mind if I claim the second post and handle the turn management/dorflist role?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2016, 10:18:12 pm »

We can just stick to this thread until it's time to begin. Mind if I claim the second post and handle the turn management/dorflist role?

I still plan on sticking to this thread until I'm ready,

And how does Doomfail the New Fail of Doom

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2016, 11:34:13 pm »

Sounds like it's doomed to fail.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2016, 11:44:55 pm »

Sounds a little too close to Doomforests, don't you think? You seem awfully obsessed with all this DOOM.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 12:07:48 am by Spish »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7