Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: [IC] The Great Clan: A People in Exile  (Read 8542 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] The Great Clan: A People in Exile
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2016, 08:49:18 pm »

"yes all except garland."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2016, 09:19:08 pm »

"Are you saying that my men lied to me?"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2016, 09:21:41 pm »

"No your men couldn't have known most likely. garland arrived a few hours ago and it seems went straight to me."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2016, 09:44:30 pm »

"We can deal with the matter of who was told what later. Please, continue reporting the details of this event, or move on so that we can deal with these problems."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2016, 11:54:22 pm »

"I can clear this up." The discussion is interrupted by a clansman.

A lanky man wearing an excessive amount of furs, the scout walks forward. "The previous Master of Scouts is not dead. She is a traitor." He pauses to let concerned looks fly across the room. "She has joined these foreigners for some reason... I was on her expedition. The rest joined quickly, and I made my escape. I know she was an unstable woman, but this is Wispcraft. She would not betray the clan so callously."
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2016, 12:01:56 am »

"Even so...the very mention of betrayal would be unfortunate should anyone else find out.  Not to mention, the things that could be revealed about our strengths and weaknesses."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2016, 11:39:23 am »

Tyra was often quiet, listening more than speaking...

"I believe we must act. We must respond to the call for envoy! I do not know if the master of scouts was wisped into this role or willingly chose the left hand path, but her idea was not entirely remiss, if entirely misguided in both means and intent. We must speak to those whose lands we have-unintentionally-invaded. Perhaps there will be war. Perhaps not. Until someone attempts to feed a wild dog, you can't tell if he'll bite or not..."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2016, 10:41:04 am »

The Greater Khan takes in all this information with a stoic expression. He seems to age a few years with every bit of bad news, exuding an air of exhausted authority.

"What is it that they want, exactly, Ara? As Master of Polity, I would like your advice on the matter. Should we approach this diplomatically with only envoys, a token force, or a large force of warriors? This situation might be an injustice, or a misunderstanding.

"As far as the traitor scouts are concerned... It is surely a topic that will be brought up at the meeting. Speaking of the meeting, I agree with Tyra. There must be an envoy, but we should set the terms.

"Shall we meet them at neutral ground, in their walls, or invite them here?

"Your point is well taken, Nix. Whatever possessed the scouts to betray us is less relevant than the information they might be whispering into the foreigner's ears. We may have to check for Wispcraft... subtly. Or we can demand a trade. Perhaps even lethal force to silence them. Unfortunately, We have little information regarding these people and their motives.

"What say you, Masters?"
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2016, 11:05:54 am »

Ara breathes deeply one of the youngest members of the council before taking a deep breath steeling herself
"I do not trust these foreigners or like this one bit I believe we should send a diplomatic envoy but if their unarmed or unprotected well I just feel something terrible would happen I believe we should send at least some warriors but make them appear to not be warriors somehow like disguise them?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2016, 11:44:07 am »

Tyra took vindication much as a player in Tulas & Tyrants might snatch an opponents War-chief off the board...with visible pride, and a bit of smugness. She seemed obviously pleased the Khan had agreed with her.

She then did not hesitate to question Ara's decisions loudly-believing that a robust discussion always required strong debate, and that Ara had to be forceful enough to argue her position...Tyra was also always looking for a chance to one-up her fellow council members, of course. She was nothing if not ambitious!

"I would disagree with these half-measures entirely, Ara. Sending our men garbed like common bandits! ...it is shameful to ask a warrior to hide his weapons! Shall we ask them to steal some vegetables from the larder, or plunder some pottery on their way out? *Hmph*!

Not to mention they would by virtue be lightly armed and barely armored to evade any serious scrutiny-of which, they they would be fairly subjected to. Wielding scant hidden weapons and paltry armor doesn't seem likely to free our people, or earn the goodwill of these strangers, or even guarantee we would be able to escape a true ambush. If we fear betrayal, let us be armed for war-not secret murder.

I argue that, if we send warriors, let us hold nothing back. Send everything we have, in full armor and weapons. Then we will have a...counteroffer...in case they do not listen to reason. A true threat, if we've exhausted all other roads. Assuming, naturally, that we pose a real threat to them. We don't know much at all, do we?

In truth, however, I think we should invite them here. Their diplomats are guaranteed safety-even if they don't trust us (which would be wise), they have our hostages to ensure good behavior. Let us gauge their courage. Surely, they will not be too afraid to meet us under rules of safe conduct. And, if they are not brave enough to meet when they hold the obvious advantage, how would they act when we are in their power entire? They have made an offer-let us make a counteroffer, and see how they react. Those are the words of Tyra Firescar."
She finished, falling into her accustomed watchful silence.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 11:48:58 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2016, 11:55:28 am »

Ara closes her eyes thinking for a solid 10 seconds before opening her eyes.
"haha plunder some pottery "funny" no I do not expect them to do that at all their warriors not bandit's and I agree that by virtue they would indeed be lightly armored and armed....I  remember garland saying something about the people at that place saying something about their gods retribution or something along those lines.I'm not sure we can really threaten them they might be of the zealot type and those can be difficult to negotiate with...they asked for one of our leaders according to garland so I'm not even sure they'd accept a messenger we will probably have to go to them."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2016, 12:31:34 pm »

Tyra took those 10 seconds to examine a particularly interesting spot on the ceiling of the hut. That smoke blotch looked like a Fox! Which was probably a good omen.

"That's why I say we shouldn't threaten them. Give them promises. If they come here, promise them safe conduct, and a chance to speak with us fairly about this situation, in which both of our parties could claim a fair amount of wrongdoing-though, In our defense, am not sure how much we meant it. They clearly have the advantage in negotiations, and have no reason to decline. If they dare harm our people, promise them unending wrath. As it should be...they've taken one member-former member?-of the ring as hostage, or worse-convinced them to betray us. I don't want to give them any more leverage.

I still say, ask them to come to us. We lose nothing by trading words-if they refuse or send our messenger back with his head in a bask...er, send him back without seeing him, we consider our options. How strongly do you feel they will decline, Ara?"
She said.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2016, 12:45:36 pm »

"they asked for a leader not a messenger I doubt the messager would come back alive and they'd probably send their head back....simply put I think they would react badly"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2016, 12:48:37 pm »

"The people demand strength from the Khan. I do not believe that simply sending them a messenger and asking politely for a meeting will go over well, however reasonable it may be. I must urge decisive action, whether it be a condemnation of the traitors or an armed party accompanied by godi to retrieve the dissenters and free them from Wispcraft. If it must be led by a member of the Ring, I will do so myself; I am no stranger to this."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2016, 01:07:44 pm »

"The people demand strength from the Khan. I do not believe that simply sending them a messenger and asking politely for a meeting will go over well, however reasonable it may be. I must urge decisive action, whether it be a condemnation of the traitors or an armed party accompanied by godi to retrieve the dissenters and free them from Wispcraft. If it must be led by a member of the Ring, I will do so myself; I am no stranger to this."

"We know so little about the situation. Would you be comfortable fighting entirely on their terms? They know the land, and they know we are coming, and they have coerced our own against us...I merely wouldn't want to risk a battle we could not win...or, one we didn't have to fight. You scout the enemy before you attack, you gauge his intentions, read the land like an open book. You don't charge blindly over the hill, hoping you will not run into a thicket. Our warriors may be unmatched...but, they are mortal.

We are strangers to this land. Surely, we need friends, rather than enemies...I have seen the costs of war, and know that bloodshed rarely ends once it begins. If we must fight, if we must plant a crop of orphans and widows and reap that bitter harvest-let it be for a good reason, at least. If any reason can be said to be good.

...I don't say that force isn't an option-I only urge we gather information, before we act. Though, I am in agreement-we must be decisive..."

"they asked for a leader not a messenger I doubt the messager would come back alive and they'd probably send their head back....simply put I think they would react badly"

Tyra's tone turned decidedly chilly.

"As cruel as it is, that's the risk of being a messenger. Losing a member of our clan would be a tragedy, but not as much as losing a member of the ring would be. If they can't respond in a reasonable matter to someone who poses no threat to them, how could we expect any better of them otherwise?"

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10