Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: [IC] The Great Clan: A People in Exile  (Read 8540 times)

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] The Great Clan: A People in Exile
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2016, 01:01:42 pm »

The People Act...
Two weeks will pass, and all Missions have been completed, for better or worse. The clan's demographics will be updated. Give a general strategy for this idle time, allocation of bevy units, encouraging certain factions, patrolling, whatever you think would be appropriate.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2016, 01:20:54 pm »

Layleth would attempt to foster trust in the Battleborn among the other two clans by basically spending as much time as possible with them, having herself and her bevy take meals together with them, train with them, go hunting with them, inviting them to prayer sessions, etc.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2016, 01:46:03 pm »

Nix would spend his days, as usual, amongst the warriors, ensuring the perimeters of the clan were well guarded, and the men active and training.  On his more leisurely days, he would often be seen amongst the godi, conversing in matters of the gods and supernatural such as he had never done in days past.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2016, 01:58:06 pm »

Varin keeps his bevies assigned the same way they were before.

He relaxes and enjoys his new position, his well deserved position, of leadership.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2016, 02:22:25 pm »

Tyra was often seen aside from Layleth in those weeks-not opposing her aims, but not exactly working toward the same goals. She spent most of the time trying to encouraging membership in, and forging bonds between Truthseekers and Wanderers-it was clear to her that the Battleborn, more numerous and ready for violence, had to have a counterweight. They had grown arrogant and over-proud, she was often heard to say. To her Battleborn detractors, she would often state a hammer swings best when it's well balanced. Only by hanging together, she cautioned, could they keep them from imposing their wills entire on the weaker, smaller clans. She had no shame in playing up her own recent achievement-piercing the wind wall, becoming one with the Spirit Boar, and helping to drive away a foreign Godly presence. She would often point this out as proof-that it was not only the Battleborn who could fight, or were favored by the Gods in war...

Unsurprisingly, most of her nightime stories in this time tended to venerate Truthseekers and Wanders (and a few noble Battleborn), while shaming bandits, tyrants, and bullies. A clearer message, could not be sent.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 02:44:56 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2016, 05:07:05 pm »

Moreau spent his time walking among the people discussing with them the maters of late. The appearance and trials of the new gods brought forth many questions, and Moreau was there to answer them. Our gods had not abandoned us, and the new gods of this land will accept us in time. Furthermore, the people keep an eye out for other strange going ons and instructed them to send for him if strange occurrences began.

Moreau would often take a few hours s to meditate and align himself with the natural world in order to better understand the spirits and gods. He would walk in the forests and feilds, with his notebook sketching and taking notes on the flora and fauna of this land. Equally as often he would walk along the beach and swim in the ocean, observing the wildlife there as well. He took special interest in any unusual or seemingly magical creatures.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2016, 10:37:12 pm »

Kron and his oxeni patrol the camp asking people about grievances and strange occurrences 

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2016, 10:46:41 pm »

Ara immediately begins gathering people for a diplomatic envoy fully disclosing that on some kind of expedition several people have been captured and a diplomatic envoy must be sent.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2016, 08:01:36 pm »

The Ring Assembles...

The Masters assemble for the second meeting of the ring. The enigmatic Milo Kaliss, Greater Khan, has not shown himself, nor spoke to anyone but his closest advisers for the two weeks since the first meeting, not even his Lesser Khan. For the first time, though, the ring is graced with his presence.

The derisive comments regarding his age might have been exaggerated, but he is indeed young, perhaps 15. It doesn't help that his lean frame dwarfs him standing beside his mountainous guards. What's more, it's seem he has devised a very... unique regalia for this meeting. He wears an unsubtle amalgamation of the three previous Khan's traditional regalia, horns of an ox clash with the white, petrified snake circlets adorning his head. He makes a show to toss an arrowhead on the table before him, then he stomps his oversized staff three times.

The combination of rituals is bewildering, even comedic. But his face is etched stone, hard with fatigue but unmoving.

GREATER KHAN, Milo Kaliss: “I have heard all of your contributions, and I’ve come to this decision regarding the issues: We will not be sacrificing any weapons for the time being, though I allow the Master of Mystics access to a modest amount of cattle and craft to be sacrificed as necessary, if necessary. We have remained here, doubling our efforts in seeking more food. The Master of Forage has directed these efforts admirably, but the time for mobility is at hand. Finally, we will allow a sacrifice to be made in Cauda’s name. I reserve a fair portion of cattle and sheep to these ends for the Master of Mystics to sacrifice as necessary, if necessary."

The guards and bevys shuffle ever so subtly. This is old news, of course, but it seems the Khan is sticking to his script.

"The meeting shall commence!" Three more strikes, and the Ring move to their seats.

"Before I bring to you the major concerns, I'd wish any reports or petitions to be laid out now." His guards delicately disassemble his regalia as the Khan looks around the room, staring intensely at each Master.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2016, 08:08:04 pm »

"I will allow the other Masters to speak before I give my own report."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2016, 08:13:22 pm »

"Who wishes to go first? I will be saving mine for later."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2016, 08:18:09 pm »

"I have something that needs to be addressed a scouting expedition found a settlement a few days ago several of the expedition were captured and are being held demanding a diplomatic envoy... I only know this because one of my bevys escaped....he didn't look like he got out of it unscared.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2016, 08:23:36 pm »

"Are you sure it's one of your bevy?"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2016, 08:27:30 pm »

"There name was garland."

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2016, 08:36:45 pm »

"The report that I got from is that all on the expidition have perished including the previous Master of Scouts!"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10