Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No tavern option (solved)  (Read 816 times)

Ezekhiel2517

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No tavern option (solved)
« on: April 04, 2016, 08:48:29 am »

Got my v0.40.24 running good. Made a meeting area with (i), filled it with tables, chairs, cabinets and chests. Left a nice big space in the middle, wooden floored for my dwarfs to dance. But I cant find the option to make it a tavern. I´ve read in the wiki that I should designate it from the (i) menu where there should be a (l)ocation sub menu, but it doesnt show up. There are lots of mugs, drinks, food, instruments, goblets, idle dwarfs; everything I could ever need to have a tavern, what am I missing? I´ve also tried by making a big dinning room from one of the tables, designating it as a meeting hall, but that didnt work either.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 05:20:00 pm by Ezekhiel2517 »
“Far, far below the deepest delvings of the dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

bmxbumpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • How did I pass? She beat me like I owed her money.
    • View Profile
Re: No tavern option
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 09:02:07 am »

Taverns and temples don't. Exist till 42.Xx. sorry

Ezekhiel2517

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 09:19:50 am »

oh now I´m in doubt. I don´t remember exactly which version I have and I´m on other pc right now. Lets pretend I actually have the latest version, could there be something missing? Or if I should have 42.xx version there would be no chance to miss the tavern option?
“Far, far below the deepest delvings of the dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

Ezekhiel2517

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 09:23:04 am »

oh now I´m in doubt. I don´t remember exactly which version I have and I´m on other pc right now. Lets pretend I actually have the latest version, could there be something missing? Or if I should have 42.xx version there would be no chance to miss the tavern option?

Nope, you are right its a version issue. I´ve downloaded mine from here: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=7622
I hope my saves are still working with the new version

mirrizin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 09:28:53 am »

Nope, you are right its a version issue. I´ve downloaded mine from here: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=7622
I hope my saves are still working with the new version
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Release_information/0.42.06 That info should be here.

You might also miss other game details (I had an issue with libraries, for instance) depending on how far back you've gone. For instance,  musical instruments are created at worldgen, so if you've got a world made in a pre-instrument version, you don't get the ability to manufacture any instruments even if you move the file to the latest version.

Ezekhiel2517

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 09:45:18 am »

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Release_information/0.42.06 That info should be here.
You might also miss other game details (I had an issue with libraries, for instance) depending on how far back you've gone. For instance,  musical instruments are created at worldgen, so if you've got a world made in a pre-instrument version, you don't get the ability to manufacture any instruments even if you move the file to the latest version.

Then my dwarfs will dance in the deep dark bowels of earth, a silent dance to the rhythm of rock creaking, and the moans of fallen comrades ghosts
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 09:57:04 am by Ezekhiel2517 »