Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Diagnostician loop: can't stop staring at his wounds!  (Read 751 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Diagnostician loop: can't stop staring at his wounds!
« on: April 02, 2016, 03:45:29 pm »

One of my dwarves got his foot messed up in an argument that led to a fist fight, and got pulled onto a traction bench to fix his multiple overlapping compound fractures.

Since then, he's been stuck on the traction bench, unable to sleep, while my diagnoser hovers over him, stepping away for a tick and then moving back for a new diagnosis job, over and over.

This has gone on for several seasons. The diagnoser in question is now at competent diagnostician up from novice before the accident. It doesn't look like the loop will self-terminate. Disabling and re-enabling the hospital got him moved to a new bed, then back to the traction bench to continue the loop.

Any advice?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 03:47:01 pm by darkflagrance »
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Diagnostician loop: can't stop staring at his wounds!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 04:02:31 pm »

Known behaviour / bug. It will eventually end, once your dwarf heals enough to no longer need traction. Just be patient.
On the bright side, it's the best way to train diagnostician skills on your dwarves.

I believe the game makes a major healing check every season, could be every month though.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479