Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 86087 times)

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Questing begins
« Reply #525 on: June 03, 2016, 05:40:40 pm »

"I don't mind" Have the 1 of my dragon followers stay here to protect the town while I go take some gold and the 2 gems to my cave so I may start my hoard
No sig yet

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 03, 2016, 10:15:20 pm »

I don't have time for a proper reply. Dang it. I'll post tomorrow, probably. I honestly think this has been the most interesting adventure for poor Dominic. all he ever wanted was a nice breakfast.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 03, 2016, 10:31:36 pm »

I don't have time for a proper reply. Dang it. I'll post tomorrow, probably. I honestly think this has been the most interesting adventure for poor Dominic. all he ever wanted was a nice breakfast.
And everyone knows you don't skip breakfast.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 03, 2016, 10:32:43 pm »

Indeed.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 03, 2016, 10:58:13 pm »

Well, contact the others.

"I really don't know how to put this, but, well... I was contacted by a talking, gentlemanly muffin in my dreams last night. He asked my to make a land bridge, and I agreed, on the condition that I would get some answers when I woke up. No sheets of paper, interesting facts, or books seem to be 'in arm's reach,' so I figured that one of you might know something."

"This is... kinda crazy, honestly. Something tells me it was a lot more than just my subconscious taking a drug trip, but some actual knowledge would go a long way towards reassuring me that I'm not insane."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 03, 2016, 11:04:34 pm »

"Tec ! What's happening to you ?!"

Does Tec have a full body scan function, complete with a sweet robotic voice shouting loudly ? If yes, ask for self-analysis for error. If not, well forget it.

Answer to Samuel :
Spoiler: Muffled Sound (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 05:28:47 am by Nakéen »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 03, 2016, 11:32:52 pm »

<Yeah, I got one too.  Said something about making all the nations go to war.>
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 04, 2016, 12:35:31 am »

Dominic runs into another room, shutting the door behind him, staying low, and seeking a weapon.

"lety's see. Find battleaxe? oh hell no, it will appear, swinging toward my face, and be a long lost brother of the damned squid out there. Enchant carpet? I already have a tentacle monster in the front yard. A quicksand rug just wouldn't match the decor, anyway. Decide What to Do? Oh gods, it wold render me completely unable to think straight. mAke bubbles have your eyes eaten. Make a map, giant sea monsters. make a piece of paper - cut to hell. What to do what to do?"

Huddling in the farthest corner of the room, with whatever he found to shield himself with, Dominic tries desparately to come up with a spell that won't ultimately make his situation a thousand times worse.

And then he casts Tidy Up The Kitchen. Because that place is a disaster area, twice over. And he's screwed either way.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 04, 2016, 05:20:03 am »

"Tec ! What's happening to you ?!"

Does Tec have a full body scan function, complete with a sweet robotic voice shouting loudly ? If yes, ask for self-analysis for error. If not, well forget it.

Answer to Samuel :
"Sorry, I'm having some problems here. I too was contacted in my dreams, but by a muscular green blob. I was asked to destroy what I forgot, or something. It's pretty confusing actually..."

He thinks a bit.
"I got an artifact last time I did this kind of drug trip. So I can assure you it was real... Sorry, I don't know how I can help you. If it's a book, maybe it was talking about the book you lent to me ?"

I wrote the turn well after midnight and forgot to mention the thing about your communications status: You can't receive messages via the enchantment. Sending works, but what others get is scrambled mumbling after some delay.

As for Tec, no, he's not a robot. No self-diagnostics. No mouth to talk with.

...Hm.  The fortress needs more people and more materials.

Cast [a spell to expand the fortress and increase its capabilities offensive, defensive, and luxury], followed by [a spell to create a souled population that is 80% of the fortress's optimum population and of Laudata's kind.]

Reminder: latter spell takes two rolls.

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 04, 2016, 05:35:11 am »

Soleus waits, but nothing happens.
"Silly me, Tec is a golem ! :9"

Touching it is out of question, I don't want to end up as a fried mage. So realizing he can't do much for now, Soleus casts a spell of "Lumberjack: Horizontal Bisection of Vegetal Entities with a Trunk Diameter superior to 30cm at 20cm above ground level" in a radius of 50m.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 04, 2016, 07:54:00 am »

@Aoshima:Editing happened.
Sigtext

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 04, 2016, 12:17:51 pm »

Fix my eyes via the power of magic
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 04, 2016, 02:50:15 pm »

...Hm.  The fortress needs more people and more materials.

Cast [a spell to expand the fortress and increase its capabilities offensive, defensive, and luxury].

6. For a moment you and everyone you can see experience moment of weightlessness. Your feets leave floor and your head touch walls. Then your weight comes back and you find yourself back on floor. Or maybe this is wall, because you see people standing on other vertical surfaces. Or... ceiling? You are having a lot of problems with directions right now.

There's a new chocolate waterfall in middle of the hall (which also seems much larger than before) that falls from... your throne? And falls into a plate? Someone near it sticks her hand into it and licks it clean. Other people scattered on various surfaces are in various state of panic. A face size of elephant appears on floor/wall/ceiling next to you. It speaks but its voice comes from opposite direction.

"Sorry boss, we appear to be under magical attack or something. I'm having problems trying to understand what is going on, but there's serious spatial distortions inside me right now. I may be able to control it will take few minutes. In meanwhile I recommend YOU DO NOT MOVE."

Solid advice. And another Die turns into dust in your pocket.

"I don't mind" Have the 1 of my dragon followers stay here to protect the town while I go take some gold and the 2 gems to my cave so I may start my hoard
"Great! I think we have a deal then." Lord Swellingham laughs nervously. Few minutes later a soldier returns with fist sized opal lump, still partially covered in stone it was cut from, and with equally rough emerald that would comfortably fit on human palm. Of course your palms are a lot bigger and lack of fingers makes it very hard to hold on them. Your business partner is kind enough to provide a bag for easier transportation.

You leave one dragon behind and fly away to your cave. Speaking of what cave you do mean? Your last sleeping place? Because that can hardly be called a cave.

Well, contact the others.

"I really don't know how to put this, but, well... I was contacted by a talking, gentlemanly muffin in my dreams last night. He asked my to make a land bridge, and I agreed, on the condition that I would get some answers when I woke up. No sheets of paper, interesting facts, or books seem to be 'in arm's reach,' so I figured that one of you might know something."

"This is... kinda crazy, honestly. Something tells me it was a lot more than just my subconscious taking a drug trip, but some actual knowledge would go a long way towards reassuring me that I'm not insane."
Arken Frost contacted, but magic doesn't seem to find Soleus.

Dominic runs into another room, shutting the door behind him, staying low, and seeking a weapon.

"Let's see. Find battleaxe? Oh hell no, it will appear, swinging toward my face, and be a long lost brother of the damned squid out there. Enchant carpet? I already have a tentacle monster in the front yard. A quicksand rug just wouldn't match the decor, anyway. Decide What to Do? Oh gods, it wold render me completely unable to think straight. Make bubbles have your eyes eaten. Make a map, giant sea monsters. Make a piece of paper - cut to hell. What to do what to do?"

Huddling in the farthest corner of the room, with whatever he found to shield himself with, Dominic tries desparately to come up with a spell that won't ultimately make his situation a thousand times worse.

And then he casts Tidy Up The Kitchen. Because that place is a disaster area, twice over. And he's screwed either way.
Your jump into another room and slam door shut loud enough to wake dead. Definitely getting attention of the squid now.

1. Something happens in kitchen. Some of this somethings expands far enough to pierce wall of the room you are hiding in. A giant obsidian spear. It sends splinters flying and knocks a painting off the wall.

Oh hey, did your Die just break? I think it did.

Soleus waits, but nothing happens.
"Silly me, Tec is a golem ! :9"

Touching it is out of question, I don't want to end up as a fried mage. So realizing he can't do much for now, Soleus casts a spell of "Lumberjack: Horizontal Bisection of Vegetal Entities with a Trunk Diameter superior to 30cm at 20cm above ground level" in a radius of 50m.
1. And nothing happens. Odd. Very.

Brian and Noel keep walking. Tec finally stops kicking ground. He pulls his arms up and behind him, pressing them against his wings so hard that both get damaged. And he just keeps doing that, very quickly breaking his own wings. If he was human he would have already pulled his arms out of sockets by twisting arms that much, but being golem has certain advantages.

Actually now that you paid attention to the trees here you notice something slightly more unusual: the pattern of trees and bushes form. They form lines. Curving lines. Like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Clearly unnatural. Definite and deliberate pattern.

Fix my eyes via the power of magic

4. The only thing magic is good for. It is really nice to see again. It was short blindness but it did teach you how much you take some things granted. Now then, your fixed eyes do confirm what your ears told you: you are alone in living room. Doesn't look like mom haven't bothered to redecorate since last time you visited.

Spoiler: Bluexdog - Markus Bane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CenTreepede (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laudata (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 04, 2016, 03:30:50 pm »

First change myself to be a black dragon which should be rather simple, then generate a mountain with a  cave at its peak it will be near the mining town
No sig yet

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 04, 2016, 05:42:40 pm »

"Magic.  Magic is annoying."

Don't move.

Cast 'Summon 10 Ownerless Dice Of Order' once the fortress has fixed itself up.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 05:45:05 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 55