Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 86079 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Questing begins
« Reply #510 on: June 01, 2016, 02:25:03 pm »

Soleus looks at his Dice Queue.
"Unpleasant."

He keeps looking at the normal normal land. So normal. So common. It's getting on his nerves :
"How am I sensed to take care of something I can't even remember ?! Drats !"

After throwing a small tantrum in the lone command room, he calms down and thinks.
"Let's calm down. I vaguely remember where I was after my dice disappeared, probably during my memory loss. Yeah, let's do that. Let's retrace our step."

Soleus then gathered everyone and explained what was the plan :
"I am here to look for something I forgot. Noel and Brian will come down with, along with Tec, so that we investigate. Anna, I would prefer if you stayed in the house with Joshua and Marie. The queue is bad, and I don't want to put you into harm, I hope you don't object."

Go down with Noel, Brian and Tec, leaving Anna with the other two if she doesn't mind. Land at the place where I realized a Dice was gone.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 01, 2016, 02:25:49 pm »

"It stores kinetic energy and releases it."

Give myself expert knowledge on magical crafting without taking anyone else's knowledge.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 02:27:36 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 01, 2016, 03:03:28 pm »

"The tribute will be half your gold. a rich lord like yourself will be able to afford it, also any precious gems you find shall be presented to me and I will pick one for my hoard"
No sig yet

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 01, 2016, 04:08:46 pm »

"SCREW THIS!"
Run run away very fast cast teleport home sounds  great!
I would like to point out that your force field, while full of holes, is still very rigidly around you in its original shape, so running isn't an option. Not to mention they got horses...
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 01, 2016, 04:33:03 pm »

((You did say we were being super cautious before. And I tried to blow bubbles and had my eyes put out by pigdogmonkeyimps))

Shitpissdammit!
Dominic orders his CenTreepede to take cover in the woods and he dives into his front yard, crawling toward the porch, looking up occasionally at the flying fish. if they get close enough, he orders the ground to do it's thing and pull them in. Preferably both at once.

"Well at least it didn't teleport me into the sky above the sea! I don't know how well I can swim!" He shouts as he scuffs along.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 01, 2016, 04:34:51 pm »

1. Known dangers of the seas include great white sharks and giant squids. Less known fact is that these dangerous creatures can also live on ground with ability to levitate. Magic is happy to provide you concrete examples of these fine specimens. Other dangers include pirates, piranhas, smugglers and storms. Magic thinks it isn't good to spoil you with too much of examples, but it will soon provide one additional one: a storm.

((We sharknado now ?))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 02, 2016, 12:10:16 pm »

"SCREW THIS!"
Try to fix the barrier around me then teleporting home sounds  great!
[6-1]
3. Despite of sand grinding your eyes you manage to overcome your instincts and do magic. Sudden metallic clang and string swears tells you that while your barrier was definitely improved enough to stop a blade, it was not restored its previous inpenetrable state. Presumably there's still enough space for thinner blades go through. That in mind you roll at center of your barrier. All distance from those guys is only good. Which brings you to your next spell.

[5-1]
6. Your iron will wavers a bit. Regardless, magic hears your request well enough and sounds of violence and wind are replaced by muffled sounds of active city. The ground under you remains as it was back there: gravel. Sand in your eyes still makes it impossible to see anything, but so far no one is accusing you of witchcraft. In fact it sounds like you might be alone at the moment.

Soleus looks at his Dice Queue.
"Unpleasant."

He keeps looking at the normal normal land. So normal. So common. It's getting on his nerves :
"How am I sensed to take care of something I can't even remember ?! Drats !"

After throwing a small tantrum in the lone command room, he calms down and thinks.
"Let's calm down. I vaguely remember where I was after my dice disappeared, probably during my memory loss. Yeah, let's do that. Let's retrace our step."

Soleus then gathered everyone and explained what was the plan :
"I am here to look for something I forgot. Noel and Brian will come down with, along with Tec, so that we investigate. Anna, I would prefer if you stayed in the house with Joshua and Marie. The queue is bad, and I don't want to put you into harm, I hope you don't object."

Go down with Noel, Brian and Tec, leaving Anna with the other two if she doesn't mind. Land at the place where I realized a Dice was gone.
"Don't put yourself in harm's way either", Anna says, but agrees to wait. "Be careful!"

Using the command orb you lower your island as low as it wants to go, which still leaves you with 15 meters drop. Another problem you encounter here is that your levitating elevator platform is one man one way trip. It while you do descend on ground just fine, it doesn't ascend back up for Noel and Brian. It only moves when it has a passenger on. Rather limiting feature.

Noel and Brian don't feel like they should jump down, and using Tec to bring them down poses another problem entirely, namely his electric charge. Are you willing to risk Tec zapping them? While you ponder that, Joshua tells he's going to look for a rope and disappears. You are still evaluating pros and cons of using Tec as a lift when Joshua does return with a rope just long enough. He's alone enough of anchor to lower the two down, though he does let go of the rope a bit before Noel lands. "Oops, my hand slipped", he apologizes, managing to sound almost sincere.

Your turn to face the area where you think you lost your memories. The forest is perfect example of normalcy.

"It stores kinetic energy and releases it."

Give myself expert knowledge on magical crafting without taking anyone else's knowledge.
She nods and puts it on her index finger.

There isn't really anybody to steal this knowledge from. It's very type of unique information and only very few people posess ability to research it, and only few of those live long enough and are lucky enough to study it. And then there's those like you who just will the information into their heads.

6. Fundamentals of creating world class magical items is simply to first create object with very focused effect and then repeatedly boost it until it glows bright white light. For example to create sword capable of cutting world half you first need to create and mundane knife with simple enchantment of ethreal extended blade. Then boosting it repeatedly makes the effect stronger and more flexible in terms of what it can do. Six boosting spells would make the item in question strong enough to cut mountains in half with single half assed swing from opposite side of country. You should totally do that, by the way. Fully boosted vorpal blade would command serious respect.

"The tribute will be half your gold. a rich lord like yourself will be able to afford it, also any precious gems you find shall be presented to me and I will pick one for my hoard"
"Ah, this is problematic, your fearsomeness. My... ah, excuce me, your mines produce mostly opals and emeralds, so if you take all those I won't be able to generate profit. Could we settle on 10... no, 20% of the gemstones?"

((You did say we were being super cautious before. And I tried to blow bubbles and had my eyes put out by pigdogmonkeyimps))

Shitpissdammit!
Dominic orders his CenTreepede to take cover in the woods and he dives into his front yard, crawling toward the porch, looking up occasionally at the flying fish. if they get close enough, he orders the ground to do it's thing and pull them in. Preferably both at once.

"Well at least it didn't teleport me into the sky above the sea! I don't know how well I can swim!" He shouts as he scuffs along.
But clearly not careful enough. Wording of that spell was basically begging for sea monsters.

Your giant centipede rumbles into forest. The equally giant squid turns to follow it but stops after floating two meters. One of its eyes turns at you while other stares into forest. It appears it can't decide whether it should chase for main dish or start with appetizers. The shark however doesn't have that problem. It decides you are nicely bite sized and swims after you. As soon as it comes close enough your nice mud field springs in action. Dozens of tentacles and arms sprout out and reach for the shark, who simply hovers out of their reach. But it bought you enough time to crawl to the porch and lunge inside, so that counts for something, right?

Clouds are gathering above.

Quote from: Whisperling
INACTIVE
You feel like you're going to have bad time.

Spoiler: Bluexdog - Markus Bane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CenTreepede (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laudata (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 02, 2016, 12:14:34 pm »

Wipe the sand of my eyes exit the barrier use a spell if required the spell is simply meant to dissolve the barrier look around.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 02, 2016, 12:22:08 pm »

Soleus thinks to himself :
("I should really see Noel for some counseling...")

Once everyone is down there, he analyzes the surrounding. Plain normal trees. And trees. And trees.

Woah, it's a forest. Groundbreaking.

He shakes his head in frustration :
"Guess it's up to lady luck to help us. We will first search toward the direction opposite to the village, on the lookout for anything peculiar. Anything. Even something plain and mundane, if it ever reminds me something, it would be a win."

Begin searching randomly in the direction opposite to the village, all together.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 06:02:48 pm by Nakéen »

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 02, 2016, 12:40:45 pm »

"Better idea, I will take 1 opal and 1 emerald, that is all I ask about the gems, Oh and think of me as a business partner we can split all money 50/50"
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 04:09:53 pm by Bluexdog »
No sig yet

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 02, 2016, 03:51:33 pm »

Hmm.

If Samuel doesn't activity, dibs on all his stuff.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 02, 2016, 06:00:56 pm »

Dominic casts Explode Sea Monster three times. Then he sits on the floor and sobs for a while, knowing what comes next.

Then he casts Produce a Checklist Parchment with plan for escaping sea monsters and storms.

Provided that doesn't kill him or put him in the worst situation ever, he also casts hey! Look Over There! at the sea monsters, resigned to the fact that this will very likely draw their attention straight to him.

((I hope My CenTreepede doesn't get swept away, or lose all my luggage. that would be sad.))

"Shoot! I forgot I had that Doombox!  I bet that would have helped. Damn. Godspeed, Centreepede. Godspeed! No, dice, that wasn't a spell!"

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 02, 2016, 08:12:13 pm »

Um, I don't know, just teleport that enemy somewhere else. Then figure out where exactly I should be making that land bridge, I guess. Using magic if need be, but hopefully common knowledge suffices.

And of course, try and think further on where those answers I was promised are. T'was part of the deal, after all.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 03, 2016, 05:29:11 pm »

Wipe the sand of my eyes exit the barrier use a spell if required the spell is simply meant to dissolve the barrier look around.
You rub your eyes furiously and try pick sand grains out individually, but end up damaging your eyes irrevocably. Your eyes water and tears flow endlessly as your body futilely tries to protect your eyes. Well, that sucks. And hurts. Feel free to scream and squirm.

You feel around a bit and discover that the barrier didn't follow you here. You are free and unhindered (with exception of your tearing eyes).

Soleus thinks to himself :
("I should really see Noel for some counseling...")

Once everyone is down there, he analyzes the surrounding. Plain normal trees. And trees. And trees.

Woah, it's a forest. Groundbreaking.

He shakes his head in frustration :
"Guess it's up to lady luck to help us. We will first search toward the direction opposite to the village, on the lookout for anything peculiar. Anything. Even something plain and mundane, if it ever reminds me something, it would be a win."

Begin searching randomly in the direction opposite to the village, all together.
Your group wanders slowly forward, heads turning looking for any signs of... something. Soon after you begin descending from hilltop down to valley you notice how trees in this valley are very different from what you saw above. Trees are bearing plenty of unknown fruits and berry bearing bushes litter ground. A small brook of crystal clear water flows downhill happily. This entire scenery opening before you fills you with serenity.

It doesn't last long however. You hear a crash behind you. Tec has fallen down on his face and hasn't noticed it yet himself. His legs move as if he were still walking on flat ground, causing him to kick ground repeatedly. Brian and Noel keep walking forward at slow pace.

"Better idea, I will take 1 opal and 1 emerald, that is all I ask about the gems, Oh and think of me as a business partner we can split all money 50/50"
"That sounds arrangeable." The lord relaxes considerably, as do soldiers but to lesser degree. He orders one of them to retrieve biggest opal and emerald from warehouses. "Ah, our gemstones are raw, uncut and unpolished. I hope this won't be an issue...?"

Hmm.

If Samuel doesn't activity, dibs on all his stuff.

You greedy metagaming bastard. Go get them.  :P

Dominic casts Explode Sea Monster three times. Then he sits on the floor and sobs for a while, knowing what comes next.

Then he casts Produce a Checklist Parchment with plan for escaping sea monsters and storms.

Provided that doesn't kill him or put him in the worst situation ever, he also casts hey! Look Over There! at the sea monsters, resigned to the fact that this will very likely draw their attention straight to him.

((I hope My CenTreepede doesn't get swept away, or lose all my luggage. that would be sad.))

"Shoot! I forgot I had that Doombox!  I bet that would have helped. Damn. Godspeed, Centreepede. Godspeed! No, dice, that wasn't a spell!"
2. Pulsating white light fills the room. At first you cannot detect its origin, but after swinging your hand around you realize it comes from your own forehead.

2. Floor planks beneat you creak as fresh plants grow through cracks and make their own. It seems like every room you can see has full field of wheat growing in. Every second a bunch pf grains pop and new ones grow to replace them.

2. A small model boat appears on nearby table. Its left side is broken. On mast floats a black flag featuring a skull and crossed bones. On its bow rests rather erotic mermaid statue.

All right then. You try to hold your tears as you prepare for next spell.

1. As expected, the parchment fails to come. What you do get is hundreds triangular pieces paper floating in miniature whirlwind around you. They fly around you rapidly and cut your skin and clothes whenever they make contact, which is pretty damn too often. It takes far too long for you to realize it is not going to disperse and step out of it.

Well now. You have a small whirlwind in your house. A whirlwind capable of cutting through all fabric. Blood trickles from hundreds small cuts painting your shredded clothes red and heavy. Pain from all those small cuts quickly accumulate into notable distraction.

Smell of your blood drives the shark into frenzy and it flies/swims straight through doors too small for it, in from one side and out from another. This causes some serious damage to it, but also makes wide openings for further attacks.

((Enforcing 4 spells per turn limit here.))

Clouds above grow darker and wind picks up.

Um, I don't know, just teleport that enemy somewhere else. Then figure out where exactly I should be making that land bridge, I guess. Using magic if need be, but hopefully common knowledge suffices.

And of course, try and think further on where those answers I was promised are. T'was part of the deal, after all.

5. It's gone. You don't know where and you don't care either. Hopefully it won't become a problem in future.

Common sense prevails! So, location of the bridge. The Empire is pretty much surrounded from every direction by inpassable barriers. In west there's ocean (not really impassable, it's just that wandering too far from shores tends to drop you off the edge). In south is jungle and another edge that one really shouldn't try to pass. In east is Arkea Kingdom, impassable in sense that border is watched closely. And whole north border is entirely along the Great Bay ((or whatever I called it previously. I can't remember and can't be bothered to look for it)). So there's easily almost thousand kilometers worth of shoreline where to put the bridge.

Most beneficial location would probably be between any two port cities, but you think that might be too dangerous for you. So... maybe in vicinity of some city without daily boat traffic, not too close to be noticed outright, but close enough to BE noticed eventually. Maybe closer to west end of the Bay? You may need to consult your maps ((which I should draw)), but there are few options.

And common sense continues to prevail! Magic, or its representative or whatever, did make promise. Information within hands reach. You don't see anything physical that would contain promised information, so you must assume it is in immaterial form. So what immaterial is within arms reach? Yourself, at minimum. Your memories. Your knowledge. It didn't sound like you already had the info, so maybe it's not in you? What else you have? Enchantments. And only enchantment that provides information is the one Soleus made, the magic communication. While the enchantment doesn't provide information by itself, the people who are connected do. Maybe... maybe Soleus or Arken knows something? Technically they are within arms reach...

Spoiler: Bluexdog - Markus Bane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CenTreepede (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laudata (click to show/hide)
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 03, 2016, 05:37:38 pm »

...Hm.  The fortress needs more people and more materials.

Cast [a spell to expand the fortress and increase its capabilities offensive, defensive, and luxury].
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 07:53:42 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 55