Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 86254 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Happy dreams
« Reply #420 on: May 19, 2016, 06:27:12 am »

"...Very well, then. What is your offer?"

Say the above.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 19, 2016, 08:26:41 am »

"speckles...of change I can probably try to make the world a happier place."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 19, 2016, 12:08:07 pm »

"Oooh! OOOH! So it's you ! My best friend and worst enemy, my soul pal and the nemesis of my fate ! My twin evil brother of course ! Though you must look like this because you died during childbirth."

"Ha ! Just joking ! You are Wild Magic, or some embodiment of it right ?"

Soleus attempts to high-five the green blob, and continues on :
"Yes I do remember where I got the memory loss. What of it ? Do you want me to get back there and find out what happened ? What would I win from it, and how would that help you ? By the beard of the Archmagus, I have so many more questions about you."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 19, 2016, 12:47:36 pm »

"Oh my. This sounds so risky. I'm nervous. I like to make the world a better place, but I worry that this might be a deal with an extraplanar being of extreme cunning and ulterior motives that will cost myself or others their very beings in exchange. I mean, you seem great and all, but as you said, the world is so unjust, that you could be bait. I am interested, but can you help me to understand what it is you re asking, and what the new, more just world will look like? And what this will cost us all?"

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 19, 2016, 02:49:10 pm »

Ok I'm in, also my little friend you just secured a dragon as an agent"
No sig yet

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 19, 2016, 04:16:22 pm »

"Is it war, or freedom, that you want?"
It swims closer, spreading its softly glowing tentacles wide. A welcoming hug. Invitation.

"I/We want both. One leads to another. Do you agree?"

"...Very well, then. What is your offer?"

Say the above.
"To you, sir, I offer a gift in exchange for service. Northern kingdoms lacks direct land route to your insignificant Empire. Make them one. You have all tools required for this small task."

You are getting good at ignoring freezing fire.

"speckles...of change I can probably try to make the world a happier place."
You both fall into cloud. Cold water condenses on your skin and clothes. Rainbow emitted by the talking thread bundle expands deep into violet and red, showing you colors you have never seen before, colors you have no name for. It boggles your mind.

"I don't know about happy. It may be for some. It may not be for others. Can't please everybody. But you, you will please me. There's five mages who must die by mundane means. Either by your hands, or someone else's, it matters not. As long as their life ends."

"Oooh! OOOH! So it's you ! My best friend and worst enemy, my soul pal and the nemesis of my fate ! My twin evil brother of course ! Though you must look like this because you died during childbirth."

"Ha ! Just joking ! You are Wild Magic, or some embodiment of it right ?"

Soleus attempts to high-five the green blob, and continues on :
"Yes I do remember where I got the memory loss. What of it ? Do you want me to get back there and find out what happened ? What would I win from it, and how would that help you ? By the beard of the Archmagus, I have so many more questions about you."
"HA HA HA! You're so funny! NOT!" The blob grows itself incredibly muscular torso, its face located on chest. You could grind meat with those abs.

"But you got it right, bro. Mostly anyway. I'm the face under surface, I'm the man casting the shadow you play with. Now, go back to that place and simply erase everything out of existance in there! Make it rain hellfire! Crush it with pure force! Whatever, as long as the cause stops to be. The big problem is that if there's one, there may be another. Finding those is gonna be a bitchy job, pal! But don't worry, I'll make sure to give you gifts for your efforts! What do you say, friendo?"

"Oh my. This sounds so risky. I'm nervous. I like to make the world a better place, but I worry that this might be a deal with an extraplanar being of extreme cunning and ulterior motives that will cost myself or others their very beings in exchange. I mean, you seem great and all, but as you said, the world is so unjust, that you could be bait. I am interested, but can you help me to understand what it is you re asking, and what the new, more just world will look like? And what this will cost us all?"
"No worries, mate! I don't know what it will be, but it's gonna be good! New exciting things every day, maybe you get shorter days, maybe day never ends, maybe you'll get two suns! Who knows! But everything starts with change, doesn't it? Injustice doesn't go away if nothing changes, doesn't it!?"

The dog breaks into a litter of white fluffy kittens. Their deep blue eyes sparkle as jump around wildly and climb on you while meowing words.

"Rules must be broken for change to occur. And once things are broken, healing can begin. I ask you to go into each capital in the world and create a great tree. A tree that will heal and resurrect anyone in vicinity aligned with the nation it resides in. It won't cost you anything at all, on a contrary, I will give you gifts if you do this for me! What do you say?"

Ok I'm in, also my little friend you just secured a dragon as an agent"
"Excellent!" The owl hoots excitedly. "For starters you could use up all magic. Like spend it all. Massively large scale spells without killing anyone. Not a big task for a big mighty dragon like you, right?"

This request makes your eye twitch. You didn't even know there was limit how much magic could be used.

Spoiler: Bluexdog - Markus Bane (click to show/hide)

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 19, 2016, 05:40:24 pm »

((Oh God, you found my weakness. Two of my weaknesses. Darn you. Darn you to stuff!))

Dominic instinctively reaches to pet all the kitties, and holds one to his face, pressing his ear to it's chest to hear the little purrs.

"A resurrection tree in the capitals? Sounds good. I will do it. This ... this could be good. it could be bad, but it could be good. i'll go. It almost feels right, you know?"

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 19, 2016, 05:49:35 pm »

"Wouldn't I die if I used all my magic?"
No sig yet

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 19, 2016, 05:55:31 pm »

"So you want me to kill  people... Why are you asking me?"

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 19, 2016, 06:06:42 pm »

"Yet another deal with you wicked pal. My reason begs me to refuse, but my curiosity begs for more. Would you answer if I asked you what is the true nature of Wild Magic ? What is the end goal of this sentient force ? Does it even have one ? In short, what is Wild Magic and what does it want with us ?"

Soleus stared at his interlocutor.

"I know this is an abyss from which there is no escape, but I will take the deal. This is my only chance to discover the truth I'm craving for, isn't it ?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 19, 2016, 10:35:35 pm »

"Freedom I will give.  War, I cannot promise.  They are but simple people."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 20, 2016, 06:33:27 am »

"...That would cause war, yes? I do not care for the empire, but this could do a great many people an injustice."

"I could do it, I suppose, but on one condition: I want to know who you are, really, and why you want war and death."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 20, 2016, 11:28:08 am »

((Oh God, you found my weakness. Two of my weaknesses. Darn you. Darn you to stuff!))

Dominic instinctively reaches to pet all the kitties, and holds one to his face, pressing his ear to it's chest to hear the little purrs.

"A resurrection tree in the capitals? Sounds good. I will do it. This ... this could be good. it could be bad, but it could be good. i'll go. It almost feels right, you know?"
((Kitties I get, but what's the another? Climbing on you?))

Kittens purr and headbutt you all the way to happyland. And claw you. Can't avoid that, unfortunately.

"It is right! Probably. See you later then! Meow!" The dream devolves into something involving massive amounts of lion kittens.

"Wouldn't I die if I used all my magic?"
"Magic isn't yours really. Worry not, it won't kill or hurt you at all! Or anyone for that matter."

The owl grows into huge roc. You too restore your dragon form to balance tables. Cubic representation of the world still remains between you two.

"So you want me to kill  people... Why are you asking me?"
"Who else I would ask? If it makes you feel any better, they are killers too. Would you rather initiate war between all nations?"

Your clothes get uncomfortably damp and cold winds steals warmth from your body.

"Yet another deal with you wicked pal. My reason begs me to refuse, but my curiosity begs for more. Would you answer if I asked you what is the true nature of Wild Magic ? What is the end goal of this sentient force ? Does it even have one ? In short, what is Wild Magic and what does it want with us ?"

Soleus stared at his interlocutor.

"I know this is an abyss from which there is no escape, but I will take the deal. This is my only chance to discover the truth I'm craving for, isn't it ?"
"I'll give you one word. 'Restraint'. Anything more will cost your soul or your life, though from your perspetive it's one and same thing. Knowledge doesn't come free. Allright then bro, see you later! Ta-ta!"

From this point your dream breaks down into unconnected mess of random scenes.

"Freedom I will give.  War, I cannot promise.  They are but simple people."
"No? How curious. It is fine to refuse, however. Is that what you are doing?"

Its tentacles reach behind and above you closing you into a fleshy cage. It blocks all light from above. Skin on its central body wrinkles forming a vertical line, which then opens to reveal mouth filled with infinite line of razor sharp teeths.

"...That would cause war, yes? I do not care for the empire, but this could do a great many people an injustice."

"I could do it, I suppose, but on one condition: I want to know who you are, really, and why you want war and death."
"Your leaps of logic are fantastic to observe, my good sir, as is your habit to jump into conclusions. Truly admirable. But my goodness, aren't you full of desires! Not satisfied with mere gift! Well, answers will be within reach of hand when you wake up. Is this sufficient advance payment?"

Sir Muffin is starting to be extremely well baked, but so are you too.

Spoiler: Bluexdog - Markus Bane (click to show/hide)

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 20, 2016, 12:58:45 pm »

"....war? Explain now!"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 20, 2016, 01:53:01 pm »

"I am not refusing.  I am stating my capabilities.  I do not know if I can make the war you desire.  Although if freedom and war are the same thing, then how would I be refusing in any case?

Though if you have a less... Violent offer, I'd gladly hear that."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 55