Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 86191 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Specicide strictly optional
« Reply #345 on: May 08, 2016, 07:16:00 am »

I won't stop you from trying.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 08, 2016, 08:51:21 am »

Can I physically shuffle the dice in my queue?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 08, 2016, 09:28:56 am »

Can I physically shuffle the dice in my queue?
No.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 09, 2016, 12:21:40 pm »

"To some degree it is.  Not a very great degree, but some.

You will see in a moment, I think."

Well then.

Magic up the potential of an army for Laudata to be an extremely effective general of.

That is to say, the currently extant army should be directly proportional to our current need for an army, changing over time.  The army should probably be integrated to the fortress.

Laudata should, as part of this spell, be granted the abilities and skills of the army members to draw upon as needed.

((If I'm using anything other than the sixes, let me know.))

"Come now, surely you can put together the different bits of the meal in different ways."
Laudata seems like she's about to object what you just said, but thinks otherwise. "If your lordship says so."

Since you didn't clearly indicate what way you were going to proceed with this, I'll put your casting action on hold for now.

The fortress avatar snorts on your comment. "Do I look like a chef to you? No, I am your armor and shield. I let your minions handle lesser tasks so they won't be bored out of their little minds."

Use magic to make axe less murder looking if that dosent work Chuck it.
2. It doesn't work. Rather it makes your skin so pale that you look like you haven't seen sun in last ten years. So you drop the axe amongst trash. It might cause some commodation when someone inevitably finds it.

"Rectification Brian. Don't ever approach me if I begin casting magic, except if I tell otherwise. Magic is unpredictable and dangerous, I do it knowing the consequences. And I don't want any of you to be hurt because of a mood swing from Wild Magic."

"By the way, what do you all think about magic ? Feel free to open your heart to me."

As for Tec, mmh, for now ask him to stay far from everyone, electricity is harmful to organic beings.
Marie opens her heart. "Sir, I agree with Brian, you do not know consequences of magic. I strongly recommend not using magic of that scale anywhere near humans. If you continue with careless casting, I regretfully must step out of line and knock you out, sir. For your own good."
"Yeah, pretty got it right."

Cast a spell to normalize my body condition and temperature.
3. Body temperature is returned to normal, and some of burns heal, but not completely. Still around half of your skin is suffering of burns.

"Turn you into a plant? Why would I do that? And you couldn't tell from the floating bits of brainmatter on that statue that this place was dangerous? Just look at it! Grow some sense, man! Now hold still and try not to scream. I don't know how this will turn out, but I have a good idea that it will work fine. Stop screaming. Stop screaming. Stop scr ... goddammit shut up!"

Dominic casts "Separate This Poor Stupid Fellow From My Equipment Already," and then he casts "You Should Really Go On a Nice Long Vacation" on the fellow.
4. Doombox slides out of his legs taking part of his pants along. "Oh man, I can feel my toes again I'm so sorry for being stupid sorry!"

1. He grows bit bigger and his skin gains funny bark like pattern. "Man, I really should break everyone." he speaks now with deep and calm voice.

Without waiting he bursts in motion, [1] his feets kicking ground to bring more power to his fist approaching your face. The burst of violence is so sudden you can't even react to it. Fist connects with your face with enough force to crush bones and shatter teeth. [2] Your brain bounces against walls of its bony shell, causing concussion and making you lose your consciousness.

Spoiler: Bluexdog - Markus Bane (click to show/hide)

Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 09, 2016, 12:28:29 pm »

Fix my skin as best I can using my magic!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 09, 2016, 12:40:56 pm »

Soleus nods and answers in a half-defeated tone.
"I won't deny you are right, I still can't grasp the full consequences of magic, but..."

He reveals the Dices of Order. And continues with a confident voice :
"...but with these, I can predict the future danger of any spell. Though don't worry, I won't be careless. I have seen...enough to understand the wicked nature of magic."

Sneakily look at everyone present with the Eye of Forbidden Sight, to see if their "True Form" is different from Anna's
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 02:08:13 pm by Nakéen »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 09, 2016, 02:07:27 pm »

Not-souled then.

And hold off on Laudata's skills until after creating a ring that stores kinetic energy that I can later unleash (out of my queue), and fixing up the inevitable flaw from the 3 (also from my queue).  Then do Laudata's skills.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 02:10:41 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 09, 2016, 02:36:05 pm »

If Dominic survives, cast "Stop hurting Me already," and then cast "Restore Myself to Full Health and Wholeness of Body.

I have no witty rp, as I am unconscious, and know not what state I would be in, nor whether the angry fellow will remain in the vicinity, should I awaken.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 09, 2016, 02:52:16 pm »

Try and make another dragon person. this time female
No sig yet

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 09, 2016, 04:03:17 pm »

Samuel activates the video conference.

"Well, I've been having some bad luck recently. Guess the burns kinda give that away. You guys all right on your end? I've still got a severe lack of beneficial magic, but I'm bored, have a staff, and might be able to get myself over in one piece. Should anyone want a hand, I'd be more than happy to provide it."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 10, 2016, 02:05:30 pm »

Fix my skin as best I can using my magic!
3. Now it's more like you haven't seen sun for last 4 years. Pale still, but not so much it's out of place.

You notice few people the alley eyeing you. You can't make it out whether they are viewing you like a prey or like a hunter.

Soleus nods and answers in a half-defeated tone.
"I won't deny you are right, I still can't grasp the full consequences of magic, but..."

He reveals the Dices of Order. And continues with a confident voice :
"...but with these, I can predict the future danger of any spell. Though don't worry, I won't be careless. I have seen...enough to understand the wicked nature of magic."

Sneakily look at everyone present with the Eye of Forbidden Sight, to see if their "True Form" is different from Anna's

They look at the Dice without stopping their eyes on them. Brian rises his eyebrow and whispers something to Joshua who simply nods.
"Could you repeat that? You can do what with what?" Joshua asks.

It's kinda hard to use the Eye sneakily. It isn't exactly unobtrusive. But what you see is quite much same what you saw in Anna, a human shaped mass of dark tendrils, but with individual differences. For example Marie gives off vibe of chained war beast whereas Joshua wild crow, the kind that's after shinies. Brian's darkness feels sharp, like blades ready to spring out.

Not-souled then.

And hold off on Laudata's skills until after creating a ring that stores kinetic energy that I can later unleash (out of my queue), and fixing up the inevitable flaw from the 3 (also from my queue).  Then do Laudata's skills.

6. Shadows in the deadend hallway grows darker and darker until you can see only half meter ahead of you. Laudata gets as close to as possible without getting intimate. The demon wolf golems still following her form a protective ring around you two and you can hear your spider swarm skittering in darkness. Sounds of their walking ends with series of cracks and muffled bangs, soon replaced with growls and sharp claws scraping walls. Myriad red dots open in darkness, each staring you from near ceiling level.

Darkness recedes revealing the army you created. A number of tall men covered in bony and flexible carapace, each with four arms ending in very dangerous looking claws. They sport multiple red eyes blinking horribly slowly and off the rhythm. Their mouth is filled with sharp teeths which they lick with split tongue frequently. They completely block your view in the hallway, trapping you in the dead end and preventing you figuring out how many of them are there.

6. Second part of the spell fires off before you can think it twice. "Oh my." Says one of the stone statues. "And here I was under impression you were going to be the nice wizard in shining white robes. I stand corrected. Goodness, even poison glands? That's nasty stuff! They'll make nice addition into my defenses. We will have fun times. Fun times indeed!"

3. You get a simple bronze ring that barely counts as an artifact. At best it can store energy of of a flick of the finger.

3. Knowing this is not enough you boost its capacity, but unfortunately not by much. Enough to knock a man on his ass, but still rather limited.

5. Finally finishing end of this spell casting session you direct magic to gather experience and skills of hundred military geniuses of the past and imbue them into Laudata. She staggers as rather outstanding skill is pushed into her very being, integrated into every fibre of her existance.

Frankly, you are rather heavily defended now. At this point only outside force that can defeat you is other mages. From inside... well, nothing really beyond you own incompetence. Even RNG hasn't rolled 1 for you since you made deal with magic, so you really got the meta ball rolling on your way.

Also, let's limit spells per turn to four from now on.

If Dominic survives, cast "Stop hurting Me already," and then cast "Restore Myself to Full Health and Wholeness of Body.

I have no witty rp, as I am unconscious, and know not what state I would be in, nor whether the angry fellow will remain in the vicinity, should I awaken.
Dominic survives and wakes up in pain after some time. Every attempt to move sends massive jolt of pain making you scream, which in turn causes more pain, more screaming, breathing in blood for bleeding gums, couching and feeling more pain in never ending cycle.

3. Doubting you can gather enough willpower to cast healing spell properly you opt to dull your pain. It helps just enough.

5. Your body experiences rapid flow backward in time, bones and joints popping back in place, your mangled face and teeth returning in their rightful place and form, bled blood flowing back into your veins where it belongs and finally even your ears transform back to normal human ears. Hunger is gone, thirst is gone, all your needs are satisfied. Your mind is clear and sharp, ready to tackle on hardest problems.

You stand up and look around. The powered up thief is thankfully gone, as is unfortunately your tent, food and golden goblet. You are alone at the moment. You can see new foot prints around the camp. Apparently visitors decided that there was no need to hurt nor help you and rather looted your good stuff. It's a good and and bad sign.

Try and make another dragon person. this time female
2. Smooth horns grow on your head. Perhaps it was too early for creation of minions considering the magic had no intention fullfilling your request. Likewise your next request will echo on deaf ears, but after that... yes, you can see promises of better future.

Samuel activates the video conference.

"Well, I've been having some bad luck recently. Guess the burns kinda give that away. You guys all right on your end? I've still got a severe lack of beneficial magic, but I'm bored, have a staff, and might be able to get myself over in one piece. Should anyone want a hand, I'd be more than happy to provide it."
Nobody responds yet. Guess they are busy.

Spoiler: Bluexdog - Markus Bane (click to show/hide)

Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 10, 2016, 02:27:09 pm »

"...I really need to be more specific with this stuff.  Magic likes evil vibes, it seems."

Impress upon magic that I would like it to stop giving me new evil ominous things, although I wish to keep that which I have.
Sigtext

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 10, 2016, 02:30:20 pm »

Soleus eyes Joshua suspiciously. How come he didn't hear clearly ?

"I will repeat one last time. The Dice allows me to predict the good or bad will of Wild Magic. Anymore question ?"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 10, 2016, 02:31:20 pm »

Make them rich....in the art of lint making.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 10, 2016, 02:52:09 pm »

you know what they say, try try again
No sig yet
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 55