Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 86063 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Specicide strictly optional
« Reply #285 on: May 02, 2016, 11:52:39 am »

Cameron gives a small smile a twinkle in his eye and in a upbeat yet courteous tone.
"Talking and relaxing mainly it's quite nice actually.
Do the above!,
"Isn't it!? Countess knows how to make excellent party! Now, please do tell us again how you vanquished that Arkean saboteur." Eleanora winks at you, and the group of five people diverts their attention at you.

Resisting with all his might, Soleus begins to extend his hand toward the cake.

"Must...not...take...lie..."

Order Tec to destroy the cake, not before rolling for my sanity. ((I would like to have a willpower roll to spice things up. If I fail, I give in to the deliciousness. If not, Tec tries to destroy the cake.))
Will roll was going to happen anyway.

[2] Oh no, you can't resist it anymore despite it clearly being a lie. You run to it, scoop a piece with both hands and shove it into your mouth. The taste! Oh gods, it melts your tongue, teeth and lips! Literally! Your mouth transforms into pair of large cat paws. You can sense the paws perfectly well and move claws hidden inside. This is nasty because you now cannot eat anymore this perfectly delicious cake!
On top of that your right hand melts and transforms into face of lion. You see through the new pair eyes, new nose makes smell of cake pure torture, but at least new mouth and tongue can be used to lick the cake. And your left hand? It's now lion's ear. It will take some time to get used new sensory feedback.

Anna ain't faring any better. In fact her case might be even worse. You see, her mouth has transformed into a pair of green eyes, her right hand into pair of elk legs and her left hand into pair of shriveled and mummified human legs. She can't even touch the cake anymore at all, only smell it. Poor Anna, this must be pure torture for her!

*Elephant Noise*

"ARGHHHHHH"

cast "Drunken Rage" make the archers drunk and shoot at each other.
[6-1] For brief moment before bleeding to death you gain perfect clarity. One last act of defiance, a gurgling laugh at face of death! You won't go down alone, not without leaving your mark into the world! Legacy of Drunken Elephant shall live in minds of mere mortals forever! With your last breath you whisper the words.

4. "Drunken Rage." World in before you eyes darkens, but not before witnessing result of your spell: the marksmen wobble, shout profanies and shoot their fellow men on face and back. Bolts of course plink off, so they continue their raging assault by using crossbows as a mace, bashing their mates off the battlements, or falling by themselves for being too drunk.

You die with a grin on your transformed lips. Your legacy will live on.

Spoiler: WIP (click to show/hide)

How is the character sheet formatted?
Dark robed figure observes from shadows of forest as the elephant man dies. Mages bold enough to demand tribute from city are bound to have some good equipment, so as soon as excitement by the gate ends you proceed to loot his corpse, but all he has is nine Dice of Order. A great addition to your one. Spares you a big effort to find more.

Now then, your future interactions with magic seems quite bleak for some time, so it might be better to tread carefully. World will come to know name of Markus Bane! Assuming you won't die first.

Make a weapon-summoning scroll, then summon a rock.
Scroll written. You are running out of empty parchements soon.

1. Nothing happens. Nothing that you can see anyways. Then a bang demands your attention. One of your simple golems is violently beating the rest. They are slowly becoming aware this may be an attack. The boulder sentinel is hurrying to the scene.

It really sucks to be you today, another Die breaks.

"I decided to go airborne.  Fortress, Laudata, Laudata, the new avatar of the fortress, by the way.  Also, fortress, can you get me a path to the location of those skeletons?  But not too close."

Scrying, scrying...
Back.
That's still not very clear. Scrying back of what?

"Ah, a... pleasure to meet." Laudata says carefully. She doesn't sound very certain if it really is a pleasure. "This may explain the statues..."
"Hope you like them." Avatar grins in response. Then responding to your query: "Of course I can. Just follow the dotted line on ground." It points floor on front of you and thumb sized shallow holes appears in a line leading out of the door. "In meanwhile I'll be mining the mountain and spying what your minions are doing. Call me if you need anything."

With that the avatar steps into wall and disappears.

(it would only end the game for these characters)

Alright ...

Dominic feels the dots on his next die very carefully. If it is 4 or 5 he casts Restore Eyes and Ears. If it is 6 he casts Lock the Gates: Prevent All Summonings. If it is a 3 he casts Gain Extrasensory Awareness of Surroundings. If it is a 2 he casts Find Elephant Mage. If it is a 1, he just throws it in the dirt and leaves it there.
Feels like a three. Extrasensory Awareness of Surroundings it is then.

3. What you get is quite lackluster version of what you were hoping for, but it was only three after all. Better that than nothing. It is kind of 360 degree awareness of changes in your vicinity. For example you can sense the trees swinging in wind, the air itself moving, your hands when you move them, and most of all a very strong, very fast cone of movement from something near you coming in your direction. The motion is constant, like a stream of water but not, it bends around your body creating a... "shadow" behind you, a calmness in river. It reflects from trees around you drowning almost everything else beneath it.

Spoiler: Bluexdog - Markus Bane (click to show/hide)

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 02, 2016, 02:42:11 pm »

ahhhhh oh god t-think of something!
THINK OF SOMETHING.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 02, 2016, 02:49:36 pm »

"Lets get started!" Create some dragon like people
No sig yet

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 02, 2016, 02:50:41 pm »

*unintelligible sound of a man with a cat pawn in the mouth*

Cast a spell to return our bodies to the state it was before touching the cake, and order Tec to destroy the delicious lie.
((still with Will roll :D))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 02, 2016, 02:51:18 pm »

I mean, back in time.

Go to the site.

Also, summon a fuzzy dice.

"Statues?"
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 02:53:11 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 02, 2016, 03:34:25 pm »

Try and think of what could be making me so unlucky in terms of dice breakage. Seriously, I've broken four of those so far, to everyone else's one or two.

Anyway, tell the big replica of myself to crush the newly-hostile golem.

« Reply #291 on: May 02, 2016, 05:25:44 pm »

PTW

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 02, 2016, 09:38:07 pm »

feel my next die.
if 6, cast restore to full health and clarity of mind.
if 5, cast heal eyes and ears
if 4 cast heal eyes and ears
if 3, cast break whatever it is making that movement happen - I bet it's that summoned flute.
if 2, cast find elephant mage
if 1 toss it on the ground and ignore it.

either way, attempt to catch the stupid item making the movement at me, and break it in incoherant rage.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 03, 2016, 01:07:39 pm »

ahhhhh oh god t-think of something!
THINK OF SOMETHING.
[6] Well, thanks to your amulet of subjective truth you can basically tell whatever you want to and they will believe it. Hell, even Eleanora will believe it and she's the one who asked you to confirm her lies. You can claim to be the Emperor and they will still believe it!

Your fame is yours to weave! Now, let the legend of Cameron Michaelis The Imperial Court Wizard be born!

"Lets get started!" Create some dragon like people
Right by the gates where another mage was just killed? Guards are busy beating each other at the moment so you can get away with it.

3. A naked man rises from grass beside the road. He looks completely normal human if not accounting his green scaled skin. He looks around slowly.

"What?"

*unintelligible sound of a man with a cat pawn in the mouth*

Cast a spell to return our bodies to the state it was before touching the cake, and order Tec to destroy the delicious lie.
((still with Will roll :D))
[4] Hnng, how you wish your lion face arm didn't have such enhanced sense of smell!

4. Your mouth and hands return normal, as well as do Anna's. You drag yourself and Anna away from the cursed cake and give order to Tec.

Tec doesn't have proper hands for moving big cake like that, so it uses its wing to slap it off your flying island, boosted with gust of wind. A moment after touching the cake, its wing transforms into arm of some big ape. It twitches few seconds as Tec tries to figure out how it is supposed to fly now, but soon it flops down and hangs uselessly. Perphaps lack of blood has something to do with it.

A cacophony of voices rises from ground below. And the sound of shattering Die from your pouch.

I mean, back in time.

Go to the site.

Also, summon a fuzzy dice.

"Statues?"
There's nothing more to see in the past of the fortress. As far as your scrying orb can see, you and Laudata were first people in it after very beginning of time.

2. Handful of blue hair falls on you.

"Yes, my lord. Statues. In all hallways." Hmm, might as well check it while going to see the skeletons.

You step out of the room and find this is not the same hallway you walked before. Gone is square tunnels, welcome grand archs and support pillars. And statues. Every four meter there is a statue standing by wall. Life sized statues of armored demons wielding serrated swords, axes, hammers, scythes, spears, all kinds of weapons designed to hurt people very much. You can't really call them grotesque or evil, but they are definitely intimidating. Doesn't seem like fortress has entirely given up its malevolent viewpoint. Occasionally they give you a friendly wave, so guess that's something positive, even if it almost gives you a heart attack when they start suddenly moving.
  Your fortress has very practical sense of humour.

The dotted line leads you through various tunnels and stairs to deep parts and a dead end. One of armored statues steps out of line and greets you with familiar voice. "Here they are, three meters behind the wall on your left, in line very close each other."

Try and think of what could be making me so unlucky in terms of dice breakage. Seriously, I've broken four of those so far, to everyone else's one or two.

Anyway, tell the big replica of myself to crush the newly-hostile golem.

Your stone self takes two long steps closer, picks the golem up and throws it down like a tantruming child might throw a doll, except with much greater force and finesse. The raging golem simply shatters into pieces and leaves a small crater where it landed in.

[4] Not knowing circumstances where others lost their dice makes it hard to find any real pattern. So far your data set is too small to small to make any educated guesses, but at least you can tell it happens after casting a spell. Why? Not a clue. Guess it is just a bad monday.

feel my next die.
if 6, cast restore to full health and clarity of mind.
if 5, cast heal eyes and ears
if 4 cast heal eyes and ears
if 3, cast break whatever it is making that movement happen - I bet it's that summoned flute.
if 2, cast find elephant mage
if 1 toss it on the ground and ignore it.

either way, attempt to catch the stupid item making the movement at me, and break it in incoherant rage.

Feels like two.

2. Your spell to locate elephant man tells that he's everywhere and nowhere. As useless information as you expected.

You almost trip on roots you didn't detect as you approach the thing. The item appears to be a kind of cube made of cool wood, though its sides are different sizes. The side pointing towards you strikes your hand away with suprising force when you try to touch it. It doesn't matter as long as you can grab other sides.
[3] Its weight suprises you too much, so you mostly end up just flipping it upside down. That's enough to make it less... moving(?), but now it seems to jump around on its own. So much for your incoherent rage.

Spoiler: Bluexdog - Markus Bane (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 03:19:34 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 03, 2016, 01:30:03 pm »

Still panting from the shock, Soleus thanks Tec swift action.

"Great job Tec, sorry for your brand new wing though..."

He doesn't know if the golem can understand gratitude, but the golem deserves it. He probably saved his and Anna lives.

Speaking of Anna, carry her to a room so that she can rest.

Contacting other mages of the conference, Soleus said :
"One of my Dices vanished again, after I summoned a delicious and murderous lie of a cake. With a 1 of course."

Then, realizing he and Anna feel alone in this huge villa for themselves, Soleus decided to fiddle with life creation once more. Considering his experiences, only life creation brought him joy.

Use the two following dice rolls to create a group of maid+butler that will live with us in the villa. Just enough for the villa not to be cluttered, as I guess we have enough room for more than two people.
An even distribution of male/female.
They should be "humans" as in like Anna.
They should be far more capable than the average human, preferably with different fields of expertise. At least one battle-ready butler/maid, ready to protect our home.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 03:27:30 pm by Nakéen »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 03, 2016, 02:17:03 pm »

<That's not good at all.>

<Say...Has anyone heard of a fortress that existed at the beginning of time?>

Can we maybe be less creepy-intimidating and more, like, regal-intimidating, statues of knights and stuff?  (That's magic by the way.)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 02:18:51 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 03, 2016, 02:23:06 pm »

>"Sorry, I am not an erudite in the domain of history. Did you try accessing the time memory to uncover this ?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 03, 2016, 02:28:47 pm »

<Sorry?  What say?>
Sigtext

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 03, 2016, 02:43:41 pm »

>"Ah, I meant a spell to check in the flow of time if there was indeed a fortress there. Well, just try not to do it with a bad roll, I tried once and I nearly murdered my wife. Fun story."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 03, 2016, 02:44:44 pm »

<Naaah, I've a scrying orb.  I tried that, that's why I'm asking if any of you have ever heard of a fortress like that.>
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 55