Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 85898 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages
« Reply #240 on: April 29, 2016, 02:24:18 pm »

After he used his scroll, Soleus said : "Well then. I guess I don't have much left to do here, farewell Samuel. I will contact you soon. And don't hesitate to call if you need some help."

Return to my villa, bidding Samuel goodbye. Read the Excavation of Zaaerath, and try to pin point the location of the ruins on my maps.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 29, 2016, 02:33:38 pm »

"I do not think we need torture chambers.

And in any case, I would much rather not be the imperious tyrant lord who has torture chambers, that attracts all too much of the wrong kind of attention..."

But anyway...

Let's make the fortress a flying fortress, and provide transportation in the form of personally keyed teleportation bracelets.  Also, the bracelets should actually have teleportation coordinates off the fortress which will then be 'caught' by the fortress should the visitor be authorized and lead to a separate room to authenticate the wearer, the bracelets should not leave the possession of their owner (that is, the owner can take it off, but if it's stolen, or the owner is kidnapped, the bracelet and the owner will be reunited), and also, tweak the personality of the fortress, because I'd rather be benevolent than malevolent.

Just so you know, this breaks down like this.
5. Ripping underground fortress off from mountain and throw it to the sky in permanent manner.
3. Teleportation bracelets.
4. Personality tweak. What's not to love about slightly evil house?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 29, 2016, 02:37:16 pm »

All right, rearranging rolls to:Sky fortress
Personality
Telebracelets (Which presumably just knocks off a couple of the super-advanced security features.)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 29, 2016, 02:43:57 pm »

((My. And here I hoped Soleus would be the only one leisurely flying around for a moment :P
(!!!)
I got a great idea. He needs butlers and maids for his villa.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 29, 2016, 02:44:59 pm »

((He can have 'leisurely', I'm going for 'grandiose'.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 29, 2016, 03:03:38 pm »

"AHHHHH MY KNEE!"

Cast "Heal" on my knee

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 29, 2016, 05:53:36 pm »

((I'm in for a rough ride for a while here, looks like. Seven dice with marginal success at best, and floating annoyances to boot. Plus, I'm still mad that that spell broke a die. I am still guessing it was a "don't cross the streams' incident.))

Dominic spends the turn yelling and swatting at the stinking dungpated gagglings bothering him. If he catches any, he will attempt to determine if tey pop harmlessly like bubbles are supposed to, by wringing their little, awful necks, if they have any, or bashing their lopsided, cretinous faces against the ground. If there is any.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 30, 2016, 08:21:54 am »

((Let's not go with the energy beam then, knowing magic, Tec will turns into an unstable fusion reactor on the verge of collapsing))

"That's perfect ! Hey Samuel, it seems your glass orb filled your cage."

After he used his scroll, Soleus said : "Well then. I guess I don't have much left to do here, farewell Samuel. I will contact you soon. And don't hesitate to call if you need some help."

Return to my villa, bidding Samuel goodbye. Read the Excavation of Zaaerath, and try to pin point the location of the ruins on my maps.

Getting back up into your villa is nothing sort of challenge. You fall off the platform FIVE TIMES, thankfully on rather low altitudes because the platform doesn't seem to have any call back features. That thing needs some serious work.

[1] You skim repeatedly through the book trying to find where it mentions its exact location, but fail to find any. Considering some things mentioned in the book you are willing to consider plenty of embellishment has been applied on the story. It may even be work of fantasy based on somewhat realistic locations. I mean, come on! How could bunch of mages keep a city functional and profitable for centuries without incidents!? Even with Dice of Order that's a rather tall tale, and you have first hand experience how badly one spell can fuck you over! Samuel may have seen what he wanted to see in this one.

"I do not think we need torture chambers.

And in any case, I would much rather not be the imperious tyrant lord who has torture chambers, that attracts all too much of the wrong kind of attention..."

But anyway...

Let's make the fortress a flying fortress, and provide transportation in the form of personally keyed teleportation bracelets.  Also, the bracelets should actually have teleportation coordinates off the fortress which will then be 'caught' by the fortress should the visitor be authorized and lead to a separate room to authenticate the wearer, the bracelets should not leave the possession of their owner (that is, the owner can take it off, but if it's stolen, or the owner is kidnapped, the bracelet and the owner will be reunited), and also, tweak the personality of the fortress, because I'd rather be benevolent than malevolent.

All right, rearranging rolls to:Sky fortress
Personality
Telebracelets (Which presumably just knocks off a couple of the super-advanced security features.)
"Oh, come on. Even you need to relax sometimes. Regardless how benevolent you may want to be, the fact is that you being a mage will gather wrong kind attention anyways. You will gather enemies and hunters who will come after your head inevitably. If you aren't willing to flat out slaughter them on sight, then you need at least prison to keep them in after capturing them. And you need to extract information of where their base is so you can launch a counter assault and eliminate them out of existance at once."

5. Effects of the spell are very easily detected. Ground shakes so strongly that your legs give up. Thankfully the gargoyle avatar catches you on mid fall preventing any possible damage. The fortress plunges up to sky pressing you and all inhabitants on the floor for few painful seconds.
"Haha! And here I was thinking of expansion to deeper into mountain. Guess we will be flying around instead of digging deeper! By the way, did you know you have number of skeletons buried in solid stone here? In funny positions? Wonder how they ended up there. I think they'll make fine statues..."

3. "Tsk. Forcibly tweaking my personality? That's rather nasty thing to do, you know? Fine, fine! No torture chambers or skeleton statues. But prison cells are must. Security is of utmost importance!"

4. A rather plain leather bracelet appears on your left wrist. It's only decoration is image of mountain and tower painted on with yellow dye. It feeds its basic usage instructions directly into your mind. Touch the painted image and you will be teleported either to main gates or on ground directly below the fortress depending where you are. Taking it off and leaving more than four meters away will cause it to snap back into your wrist.

Look around for a beautiful lady seemingly in distress send mother the base message of someone is coming over and be careful also try to communicate as best as possible I'm at a party.
You send following concepts over: Other, Travel, Mother, Exchange. and Now/Present, Happy/Satisfied, Pack/Flock, Alcohol. Whatever mommy makes out of that is probably now clear because she sends request Details.

[2] No beautiful ladies in distress here. It's a party. Happy times. Not all of them are even beautiful. Almost all are a bit tipsy now.

"Ah, yes. Thanks for reminding me."

Use a scroll to teleport the orb to... Tenhe, cage and all. Resolve to check back on it later, somehow.
(5) The orb and its prison disappear just as it starts growing again. Someone is in for bad suprise, you think.

The giant treasure boxes shrink back into their original size. It seems that even their weight increased proportionally because they leave noticeable indent into ground.

"AHHHHH MY KNEE!"

Cast "Heal" on my knee
5. New pink skin grows rapidly on your knee covering exposed flesh and kneecap. Pain recedes and it looks good as new. That reminds you about the hole on your right arm. Probably should fix that too. Maybe after this volley.

[4,2,4,5,2] That's two bolts you couldn't avoid. One strikes your right bicep tearing another big bleeding hole. Second bolt pierces through your right calf making you fall over. It's now twenty man peppering you with bolts.

Geez, they surely are giving you stuff, but this is not what you meant with a tribute!

((I'm in for a rough ride for a while here, looks like. Seven dice with marginal success at best, and floating annoyances to boot. Plus, I'm still mad that that spell broke a die. I am still guessing it was a "don't cross the streams' incident.))

Dominic spends the turn yelling and swatting at the stinking dungpated gagglings bothering him. If he catches any, he will attempt to determine if tey pop harmlessly like bubbles are supposed to, by wringing their little, awful necks, if they have any, or bashing their lopsided, cretinous faces against the ground. If there is any.
[6-1] Ah! Bastards think you are helpless now that you are blind and grow lazy with dodging! Using their voices to locate them you grab them both firmly. They feel quite fleshy, actually, squirming and screaming in your grip, trying to bite you fingers. Wringing their necks is hard when you have both hands full, so you resort bashing their heads together. Repeatedly. Many times. When they finally fall silent your fingers are coated with some liquid and jelly like mass. The stuff is bleeding between your fingers too. Ugh.

Well, that's that. And look at that! Or rather, feel this: It feels like medium class earthquake and sounds like million boulders splitting in half, but ends all too quickly. Something's up and you can't see a thing!

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 30, 2016, 08:51:52 am »

"Yes, there should be prison cells.  Don't go overboard though.

I can get you a materials acquisition spell.  Don't use it anywhere near populated areas without the permission of authorities unless the authorities in question are actively trying to attack us.

Tell me about those skeletons.  Is there anything else hidden in the rock?"

Summon a d20.  Then, install a precision mining/excavation tool, something sort of like a tractor beam, that the fortress can use to gather new materials.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 08:53:47 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 30, 2016, 12:05:06 pm »

Send the idea of mother strengthen connection so I can easily give details.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 30, 2016, 12:09:51 pm »

Teleport myself directly into my tower using an actual spell (not a scroll).

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 30, 2016, 12:27:06 pm »

"STOP SHOOTING!"

cast "Fall Archers" makes all archers on the wall fall off!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 30, 2016, 01:25:48 pm »

"I should really do something about that platform later..."

After returning in his villa, Soleus looks at the next Dice of Order. A simple and clean [1]. He feels fear, after finally finding respite and returning to his home, he is terrified about losing everything -or more- again.

He is sitting in a comfortable sofa, frustrated over the joke that is that book. Whoever wrote it must have been a highly disillusioned person. Or someone not knowing anything about magic.
The "Wild" in Wild Magic isn't there for kicks and giggles. There is no possible way to convince the force known as magic not to screw everything over.

"What should I do. I lack so much informations..."

He glances again at the dice.
"Mmh. It seems every time my future dice was a [1], something really bad was summoned or incarnated. What if..."

A terrible idea dawns upon Soleus. First he writes his last will, just in case, giving everything to Anna in case of his death.

Then he storms out of the villa, explicitly telling Anna to shut herself in the command room. Keep Tec at medium distance, but not too close.

Grabbing the Dice firmly, I throw it on the ground in front of me, shouting "SUMMON AN EMBODIMENT OF MAGIC THAT WILL ANSWER MY QUESTIONS !"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 30, 2016, 03:52:04 pm »

blind? damn it, I didn't realise he physically put out Dominic's eyes.

now how am I supposed to tell which die I am on? All I remember is 1, 2 or 3, 2 or 3, 2 or 3 ... do I have special mage memory to recall at least what the dice were before I was blinded?

"Fucking hell. If a one on fairy bubbles was that horrible, why would any mage cast any spell at a one? Well, I guess I am about to find out. and die."
Dominic forlornly wipes his hands on the ground, and casts Summon Flute.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Continental scale TPK?
« Reply #254 on: April 30, 2016, 03:55:55 pm »

"Yes, there should be prison cells.  Don't go overboard though.

I can get you a materials acquisition spell.  Don't use it anywhere near populated areas without the permission of authorities unless the authorities in question are actively trying to attack us.

Tell me about those skeletons.  Is there anything else hidden in the rock?"

Summon a d20.  Then, install a precision mining/excavation tool, something sort of like a tractor beam, that the fortress can use to gather new materials.
"All four of them have short stature and broad make up to the point it appears to be hereditary feature. They are close to each other in peculiarly similar poses. Horizontal, chest down, one leg behind in angle that wouldn't be comfortable, another bent under body as if to kick body up, one palm on same level as the bent leg, another reaching forward fingers wide, skull facing forward with jaw open. Actually I'll just show you."

Bunch of stone rises from ground and takes form of skeleton in mentioned posture. Looking it closely it almost looks like if it had fallen on its knees and arms, one leg pulled behind, screaming for help. It's easy to imaginea scene where one would end up in this position. A monster catching your leg and dragging backwards, you screaming for help and reaching for someone ahead of you. How did those skeletons end up into stone? Smell of mystery is strong in this one.

"Nothing else is particularly weird. Unless you count series of copper pipes leading into almost every room?"

3. You summon a loaded d6. Good enough.

5. Precision mining beam materializes somewhere underside of the fortress. "Oh, ooh, that's nice! I can harvest your enemies with this!"

"By the way, it sounds like someone is looking for you. Keeps yelling 'My lord, my lord!'. Should I keep her away?"

Send the idea of mother strengthen connection so I can easily give details.
Danger. Cube. is her response. If you recall it right, mommy kept one Die of Order for herself, and judging by the response she's in same situation as you are. Bad magic up.

Teleport myself directly into my tower using an actual spell (not a scroll).
3. It's less teleportation and more of turning you into ethreal form and dragging you through the wall. You rematerialize inside your yard, shaking and feeling sick. As you stand up you find that part of your robe is stuck inside the wall.

"STOP SHOOTING!"

cast "Fall Archers" makes all archers on the wall fall off!
2. Wind throws dust on your face.

Another volley of bolts come. These marksmen are clearly well trained to be able to shoot so fast. Let's see, nine bolts are about to hit you. Being prone and having an arrow in your arm and leg makes it hard to dodge.
[4-1, 4-1, 3-1, 4-1, 6-1, 4-1, 4-1, 2-1, 2-1] That's one good dodge, five partial dodges, one failure and two real bad ones.  So one scaping hit on left thigh causing bleeding, two cuts more on right calf, two skin cutting on right upper arm, one goes through your left lung and then two bad ones are really bad ones. One cuts your aortic arch open which causes massive internal bleeding squiring your life blood both inside and out of the wound, another tears subclavian artery on right side.

So the end result of your quest to get tribute and worshippers is that you are contributing lots of blood to dye the road red. Trained detachment of crossbowmen are bitch to deal with.

Final endurance roll: [5] Oh wow, you may get your revenge after all. You get one opportunity for magic. One. Subject to focus roll with -1 penalty. Having all these arrows stuck in you makes them hard to ignore. It really should be -2 thanks to notable blood loss you are suffering right now, but that endurance roll 5 is good enough.

"I should really do something about that platform later..."

After returning in his villa, Soleus looks at the next Dice of Order. A simple and clean [1]. He feels fear, after finally finding respite and returning to his home, he is terrified about losing everything -or more- again.

He is sitting in a comfortable sofa, frustrated over the joke that is that book. Whoever wrote it must have been a highly disillusioned person. Or someone not knowing anything about magic.
The "Wild" in Wild Magic isn't there for kicks and giggles. There is no possible way to convince the force known as magic not to screw everything over.

"What should I do. I lack so much informations..."

He glances again at the dice.
"Mmh. It seems every time my future dice was a [1], something really bad was summoned or incarnated. What if..."

A terrible idea dawns upon Soleus. First he writes his last will, just in case, giving everything to Anna in case of his death.

Then he storms out of the villa, explicitly telling Anna to shut herself in the command room. Keep Tec at medium distance, but not too close.

Grabbing the Dice firmly, I throw it on the ground in front of me, shouting "SUMMON AN EMBODIMENT OF MAGIC THAT WILL ANSWER MY QUESTIONS !"
You really want to die, don't you?

I have this simple classification system for spells, scaling from one to eight. Class 1 is what you lot have been casting mostly. Simple spells. Class 8 is where fundamental rules of reality are changed. Two highest levels cannot be archieved currently, and this spell actually ranks on class 7. And that's if you had magic roll 5 or 6. But you have 1. What I'm going to do? I didn't expect this kind of spell with this kind of roll. I probably should just outright rip your soul out. And Anna's. And probably do same for everyone in the entire continent too. Which also includes all players.

It's also midnight here. I'm gonna sleep over this and think about it more tomorrow. I'll give you opportunity to do same.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 55