Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here." Second circle of hell!  (Read 24961 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here." Second circle of hell!
« Reply #255 on: April 20, 2016, 07:35:41 pm »

((Suddenly an Egan appears and snaches up Courage's soul before Minos can do anything.))
((Only to be dislodged and sorted to the 7th circle of hell.))

((good game. Like I said I'm terrible at chess, so I'm not really surprised at the outcome.))
((You were doing pretty well for much of the midgame, by the way.))
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 20, 2016, 07:36:41 pm »

Goodbye....
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 20, 2016, 07:39:26 pm »

((Thanks, I did learn a fair bit about chess just by trying to figure out half the things you were doing, so I guess I should thank you for that. Side not, did you know that wikipedia has a ton of info on chess rules and moves? It's pretty impressive how much stuff they have centered purely on chess actually.))
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 09:14:32 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 20, 2016, 07:48:32 pm »

"Well played, Courage.  To the end."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 20, 2016, 10:55:48 pm »

((Thanks, I did learn a fair bit about chess just by trying to figure out half the things you were doing, so I guess I should thank you for that. Side not, did you know that wikipedia has a ton of info on chess rules and moves? It's pretty impressive how much stuff they have centered purely on chess actually.))
((I was aware... it's interesting, I say. Especially the articles on chess variants.))
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 20, 2016, 11:20:39 pm »

((I was aware... it's interesting, I say. Especially the articles on chess variants.))
Yeah, some of those fairy pieces might have been an entertaining thing to spring on Courage.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 21, 2016, 01:32:49 am »

So Courage, you played valiantly but in the end Minos beat you at chess. You are now split up from your group and indentured to Minos for thousands of years, will you bow out of the game or do you have something else to do?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 01:39:56 am by chokepoint »
"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 21, 2016, 06:47:58 am »

"ThatwasunfortunatewellplayedbutitgetsusnoclosertoourgoalandIamactuallydecentatchessandmighthavebeenabettercanddateforthegamefarewellmyfriendandfellowvirtuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeee-"
Thump.

"Oh look. the third circle of hell. Who has the better position now, us, or Courage? I look forward to seeing him again before long. Perhaps, on the way out we can bargain again with Minos for another exchange, and possibly win our friend a shortened term of indenture."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 21, 2016, 07:15:35 am »

"All in due time.  We will find a way.  But...on with the mission"

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 21, 2016, 07:55:40 am »

So Courage, you played valiantly but in the end Minos beat you at chess. You are now split up from your group and indentured to Minos for thousands of years, will you bow out of the game or do you have something else to do?
((I'm not sure what you mean by something else to do.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 21, 2016, 08:11:35 am »

play more games against Minos for entertainment and to attempt to shorten your indenture, for example.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 21, 2016, 12:57:33 pm »

play more games against Minos for entertainment and to attempt to shorten your indenture, for example.
If no one minds my inability to play board games well then, sure, I'll stick around.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 21, 2016, 01:57:40 pm »

It's up to Minos to decide he'd like to try a double or nothing bargain but you'd have to ask him. Otherwise, you might like to escape somehow, there are many ways to try and get out of your predicament. Or, if you wish, you could accept the terms of your original pact and bow out of the game. So you have to choices, play on or bow out.
"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 21, 2016, 07:12:18 pm »

((Courage is nothing if not brave and foolish, so of course he's going to play on.))
"Minos! So you have a virtue to play with for a couple thousand years, but you know that's a pretty short period of time for us, how about double or nothing?
((or if Fallacy/Minos doesn't feel like playing again.))

Courage looks for a way to escape his predicament, and tries to consider some options.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 07:14:55 pm by MidnightJaguar »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 21, 2016, 10:42:38 pm »

"Interesting- and risky- preposition. But... double or nothing- too... tame for me. Here's my offer: we play another strategy game, of my choice. If you win, your time as my jester gets shortened to only a single year(oh the horror). If I win, your time as my jester gets extended to a hundred thousand years. If it's a draw, then nothing will change about the current situation. Do you wish to risk it?"

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22